FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Here is something you can solve if you have pro knowledge of rooting.

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
Post Reply Email Thread
Here is something you can solve if you have pro knowledge of rooting.
Condition:-
The usb port of device cannot transfer data and it cannot be repaired.
The bootloader of device is unlocked.
Situation:-
Once the device had a KitKat based ROM named PAC-MAN. Owner loves the ROM and the data soo much that he don't want to loose that hence he took a backup of this ROM and data from CWM recovery.
After a week, The official ROM of marshmallow was flashed from recovery. Got 5-6 continues updates of security patches and finally the device was on Android 6.0.1. Now when he wanted to roll back, he found the old recovery (CWM) was replaced by the stock marshmallow recovery.(due to security patches updates sent to devices.
Mission:-
The Owner wants to rollback to the same kitkat based backuped wih (CWM)
Device Name:- Micromax android one (first-gen) aq4501 sprout 4
 
 
24th May 2017, 09:00 AM |#2  
Sachin's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Nowhere
Thanks Meter: 3,100
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by satyam755755

Here is something you can solve if you have pro knowledge of rooting.
Condition:-
The usb port of device cannot transfer data and it cannot be repaired.
The bootloader of device is unlocked.
Situation:-
Once the device had a KitKat based ROM named PAC-MAN. Owner loves the ROM and the data soo much that he don't want to loose that hence he took a backup of this ROM and data from CWM recovery.
After a week, The official ROM of marshmallow was flashed from recovery. Got 5-6 continues updates of security patches and finally the device was on Android 6.0.1. Now when he wanted to roll back, he found the old recovery (CWM) was replaced by the stock marshmallow recovery.(due to security patches updates sent to devices.
Mission:-
The Owner wants to rollback to the same kitkat based backuped wih (CWM)
Device Name:- Micromax android one (first-gen) aq4501 sprout 4

Hmmm, yeah, the stock MM recovery replaced the cwm.
If he still had the backup then you need to flash the recovery via fastboot mode and restore it. But, eversince the usb port isnt working then its impossible. btw, how did he charge his phone, if the port isnt working?
3rd June 2017, 02:23 AM |#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sachin n

Hmmm, yeah, the stock MM recovery replaced the cwm.
If he still had the backup then you need to flash the recovery via fastboot mode and restore it. But, eversince the usb port isnt working then its impossible. btw, how did he charge his phone, if the port isnt working?

k so yuknow he can flash a recovery using Flashify(search google play) rite?(if he has root that is and oem unlock) using that he can flash cwm to and then restore the bakup he made also as he said above only the data on the port isn't working
sk99
3rd June 2017, 06:30 AM |#4  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sachin n

Hmmm, yeah, the stock MM recovery replaced the cwm.
If he still had the backup then you need to flash the recovery via fastboot mode and restore it. But, eversince the usb port isnt working then its impossible. btw, how did he charge his phone, if the port isnt working?

In case phone port damaged , battery can be charged by taking it out of mobile and charge with two-pin charger plugged in electrical socket (in india it is called "Daddu Charger")
5th June 2017, 05:06 PM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk99

In case phone port damaged , battery can be charged by taking it out of mobile and charge with two-pin charger plugged in electrical socket (in india it is called "Daddu Charger")

dude he said that data on the port isnt working jesus please read what the person has said before reading other comments

okay so heres the thing i think in theory it should be possible to manually rewrite the recovery using terminal (if youre desperate)

also did you try flashify?or those other gimmiks that can flash your phone as long as it has root?
16th July 2017, 03:18 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Flag indore
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sachin n

Hmmm, yeah, the stock MM recovery replaced the cwm.
If he still had the backup then you need to flash the recovery via fastboot mode and restore it. But, eversince the usb port isnt working then its impossible. btw, how did he charge his phone, if the port isnt working?

Only Data Transfer is not Working. Charging is working Fine. And Yes I got the Solution
16th July 2017, 03:30 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Flag indore
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Here is The Answer
So, I tried in many Forums, Facebook Groups but nobody had the Answer.
Fortunately, After Thinking a lot, While i was pooping (The time when great ideas Evolve), I got a Brilliant idea of Solving the Case.
So here is What i thought.
I have a friend with the Exact Same Model. @chitu98
I thought to replace The Whole Bottom Chipset (which includes speakers, Charging pin and many more Hardware Parts) with the friends' Device's Chip Just for flashing time. After I flash my Recovery Back Using His Chip (Bottom Chipset), I return His Device and Yeah I Successfully Accomplished my Mission and Achieved My target
@sachin n
@sk99
@[FeaR]ᴬs4500
16th July 2017, 04:19 AM |#8  
Sachin's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Nowhere
Thanks Meter: 3,100
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by satyam755755

So, I tried in many Forums, Facebook Groups but nobody had the Answer.
Fortunately, After Thinking a lot, While i was pooping (The time when great ideas Evolve), I got a Brilliant idea of Solving the Case.
So here is What i thought.
I have a friend with the Exact Same Model. @chitu98
I thought to replace The Whole Bottom Chipset (which includes speakers, Charging pin and many more Hardware Parts) with the friends' Device's Chip Just for flashing time. After I flash my Recovery Back Using His Chip (Bottom Chipset), I return His Device and Yeah I Successfully Accomplished my Mission and Achieved My target
@sachin n
@sk99
@[FeaR]ᴬs4500

Cheers mayte!
20th November 2018, 01:38 AM |#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by satyam755755

So, I tried in many Forums, Facebook Groups but nobody had the Answer.
Fortunately, After Thinking a lot, While i was pooping (The time when great ideas Evolve), I got a Brilliant idea of Solving the Case.
So here is What i thought.
I have a friend with the Exact Same Model. @chitu98
I thought to replace The Whole Bottom Chipset (which includes speakers, Charging pin and many more Hardware Parts) with the friends' Device's Chip Just for flashing time. After I flash my Recovery Back Using His Chip (Bottom Chipset), I return His Device and Yeah I Successfully Accomplished my Mission and Achieved My target
@sachin n
@sk99
@[FeaR]ᴬs4500

That's the most jerry rig everything methods I've ever read about someone doing
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes