FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[NEW-USER][INDEX]ROMs/Kernels/Mods/How-To for Android One || Questions goes here

1,067 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,895
 
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd November 2014, 02:45 PM |#21  
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 11,830
 
Donate to Me
More
Okay thanks

Sent from my Micromax AQ4501 using XDA Free mobile app
 
 
6th November 2014, 12:57 PM |#22  
KunalKene1797's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Nagpur
Thanks Meter: 1,025
 
More
Add This ROM Delicious Mountains
And Change The Name Of PacMan ROM!
7th November 2014, 02:48 PM |#23  
Junior Member
Flag Berhampur
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
A noob question, will I still be able to get ota updates even after unlocking the boot loader and installing TWRP Recovery ?
7th November 2014, 03:42 PM |#24  
DC07's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag 18.9750° N, 72.8258° E
Thanks Meter: 2,895
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidharth12

A noob question, will I still be able to get ota updates even after unlocking the boot loader and installing TWRP Recovery ?

bootloader has nothing to do with OTA update.You will need the stock recovery only
The Following User Says Thank You to DC07 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DC07 Ad-Free
8th November 2014, 01:31 AM |#25  
Junior Member
Flag Berhampur
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC07

bootloader has nothing to do with OTA update.You will need the stock recovery only

Thanks for the help. Actually wanna back up my ROM completely before upgrading to Android l... That's y asked
8th November 2014, 04:38 AM |#26  
Senior Member
Flag mumbai
Thanks Meter: 156
 
More
Unhappy
yes even i wanted to backup my entire rom of my spice dream uno but just wished that there could be a way of backuping or dumping an entire rom with all partitions without root
8th November 2014, 05:18 AM |#27  
DC07's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag 18.9750° N, 72.8258° E
Thanks Meter: 2,895
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidharth12

Thanks for the help. Actually wanna back up my ROM completely before upgrading to Android l... That's y asked

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinpinto

yes even i wanted to backup my entire rom of my spice dream uno but just wished that there could be a way of backuping or dumping an entire rom with all partitions without root

There is a stock firmware in the OP use that.Also you can backup the rom using CWM and store it in SD card or pc,because the OTA will wipe your internal storage.Backing up with Titanium Backup will also help.
8th November 2014, 05:30 AM |#28  
Senior Member
Flag mumbai
Thanks Meter: 156
 
More
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC07

There is a stock firmware in the OP use that.Also you can backup the rom using CWM and store it in SD card or pc,because the OTA will wipe your internal storage.Backing up with Titanium Backup will also help.

what i wanted to do is i dont think it will be possible but is there any way by which i can extract the contents of the .img files in the stock firmware and add my apks that i use with my phone and update preinstalled apps and repackage it or is there any way by which i can boot into CWM recovery without root and creat a nandroid backup from there? i want to do this before upgrading to android l so that if there is any problems with the upgrade i can downgrade
10th November 2014, 07:49 PM |#29  
Member
Flag Kota, Rajasthan
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
which is best custom rom till now with least bugs?? i will buy this device soon but i want regular updates of custom roms and development for a long time... i currently have a micromax phone with 4.2.2 with no updates, just few average ported custom roms
so will this device get good custom roms with upgraded android??

---------- Post added at 01:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunal.Kene.1797

remove CleanKat ROM ASAP... It Has Been Banned !

banned for what reason? :what:
11th November 2014, 04:06 AM |#30  
DC07's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag 18.9750° N, 72.8258° E
Thanks Meter: 2,895
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitish_namdev

which is best custom rom till now with least bugs?? i will buy this device soon but i want regular updates of custom roms and development for a long time... i currently have a micromax phone with 4.2.2 with no updates, just few average ported custom roms
so will this device get good custom roms with upgraded android??

---------- Post added at 01:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 AM ----------



banned for what reason? :what:

First of all let me inform you there is no Best custom ROM.
Every ROM has different features and performance.You have to decide what is the most suitable for you (tip-try every ROM in this section and choose your best

And CleanKat was banned because the ROM doesn't boots.
Have a good day
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DC07 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DC07 Ad-Free
11th November 2014, 09:31 AM |#31  
Member
Flag Kota, Rajasthan
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC07

First of all let me inform you there is no Best custom ROM.
Every ROM has different features and performance.You have to decide what is the most suitable for you (tip-try every ROM in this section and choose your best

And CleanKat was banned because the ROM doesn't boots.
Have a good day

by best custom rom i mean a rom with least bugs, with dual sim and data working.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android one, canvas a1, dream uno, help android one, sparkle v

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes