v2.5.1 onwards, You don't have to reinstall from XDA page again and again to unlock Youtube playback, You just need to download and install the unlock apk once and then keep your Play Store installation of Media Viewer so you can get auto updates later on.
v2.4.0 onwards, Youtube Background Playing is not allowed due to Youtube API requirement if you download from Play Store.
That means no more screen off playback and On Minimized Playback.
For Dailymotion and Twitch, background playback is still available.
Wanna Help Translate? Download this and mail back to me!
Hi XDA lovers
This is the third small app of mine, The purpose of this small apps is to make it easier to enjoy your Gallery and/or Video item that resides on your phone and plus Youtube!
Default implementation on Android (or in this case, Sony with Small App Framework) is that Media consumption is the primary means, and some Productivity means is positioned as an addition (e.g. If you want to extract info from your Captured Camera Image, and then write it down to Evernote, you will have to switch the apps or using that Notes Small App to help).
So my purpose with this is turn it all the way around, Productivity as primary full screen activity, Media as secondary activity that can be hidden.
1. Gallery and Movies and Youtube/DailyMotion/Twitch on a Small App Window
2. Pinch Zoom on Gallery/Video
3. Live Video Thumbnail on Minimized View
4. Erase Image/Video from the Storage
5. Can launch from anywhere with Share button / URL
6. Watch Later on Youtube/DailyMotion/Twitch Small App Player
7. Movie Subtitle with similarly named srt file (Video Viewer)
8. Dual Window capabilities for each type of Viewer
9. View/Share the media you are viewing
10. Resume video/Youtube/DailyMotion/Twitch when closed accidentally.
11. Bluetooth Key Action, You can go back/forward and play the focused video with your Bluetooth device!
12. Auto Replay Function for Video Viewer and Web Video Viewer
13. Favourite Media Tagging + Simple Playlist Capability
14. Able to View Photo/Video straight from HTTP URLs, just Share it from your Browser!
Google Play Store
Or Check the Attachment
Q: I can't select Quality over Youtube
A: It automatically detects the best quality by the window size. So if you want lower quality, just resize the window to a small size before playing.
Q: How to trigger Bottom Bar (the one with View, Share, and Info button) while watching video in Video Viewer?
A: Tap twice on the Video to show the Bottom Bar.
Q: What function can the Bluetooth Controller do?
A: Play/Pause Button: Zoom In/Zoom Out Image (Photo) / Start Slideshow mode / Resume Youtube
Previous Button: Slideshow to previous (Photo) / Play Previous Video (Video) / Go Back (Youtube)
Next Button: Slideshow to next(Photo) / Play next Video (Video) / Go Forward(Youtube)
Q: I can't reorder Items on Grid View. Why?
A: That's because reordering Item is only supported inside Favourite Folder.
Q: So How to create a Video Playlist then?
1. Hold a video item in Grid View until Select Mode is activated,
2. Select and Tag all your Videos as Favourite by clicking the Star until it is colored
3. Open Folder Bar, Change to Favourite Menu (2nd option below All Folders)
4. Play the First file and tap Repeat button so it is activated.
If you have some crash/issue or you have an idea for this app development, let me know.. Thank you