Supports pinyin, zhuyin, stroke order, handwriting and Cangjie, as well as English input
Attached to the bottom this post. See below for link.
Download both parts, rename .part01.zip to .zip and .part02.zip to .z01, unzip, un-RAR, and there you go. Apologies for the inconvenience but this is to workaround attachment restrictions so that the file can be uploaded here, which I believe is better than any external hosting where links expire.
Source Image: G8141_47.1.A.16.20_1308-5321_R5B_CE1 (Sony Xperia XZ Premium / Maple)
Package Name: com.sonyericsson.textinput.chinese
Original Filename: textinput-chn-xxhdpi.apk
How to use
- Install the APK as you normally would
- Manually grant the permission: Settings → Apps & notifications → See all apps → Xperia Chinese keyboard → Advanced → Display over other apps: Allowed
- Enable keyboard in Settings → Languages & input
If you do not grant the above permission, the keyboard will crash when trying to display pop-up dialogs (tap and hold the language switch button to test).
1. Integrated external libraries into the package:
(a) From the original image:
libbacktrace.so libbase.so libc.so libc++.so libcutils.so libdl.so libicui18n.so libicuuc.so liblog.so liblzma.so libm.so libnativehelper.so libunwind.so libutils.so libvndksupport.so
smali/com/sonyericsson/textinput/chinese/uxp/view/InputMethodDialog.smali smali/com/sonyericsson/textinput/chinese/uxp/view/keyboard/CloudAccessTipsDialog.smali smali/com/sonyericsson/textinput/chinese/uxp/view/settings/ChineseHardKeyboardInputMethodChoice.smali smali/com/sonyericsson/textinput/chinese/uxp/view/settings/ChineseInputMethodChoice.smali smali/com/sonyericsson/textinput/chinese/uxp/view/settings/FirstUsageTipsDialogVisualisation.smali
0x000007dc = 0x000007d9 (TYPE_KEYGUARD_DIALOG) | 0x00000002 (TYPE_APPLICATION) | 0x00000001 (TYPE_BASE_APPLICATION)
Background / Why
- This fully works for me on LineageOS 16.0. If it doesn't work for you, most likely you'll need a different version of libsqlite.
- Should be safe to use in general but use it at your own risk
- Modify the application further to request permission instead of crashing