This is a small guide on "HOW TO ADD CUSTOM TEXT IN STATUS BAR" by editing your SystemUI.
I know some of you may know this but many users don't know about this and they are like asking about "HOW TO ADD CUSTOM TEXT IN STATUS BAR" again and again. So, people go for Xposed Modules. But they are battery drainers and not so compatible.
P.S.: If this is too difficult for you then post your systemui with your "text" below and I will do it for you when I'll get time.
- SystemUI (system/priv-app/SystemUI)
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Decompile SystemUI using APKTool
- Navigate to systemui/res/layout/status_bar.xml
- Add this Line. (Screenshot Attached)
<TextView android:textSize="14.0dip" android:textColor="#ffffffff" android:gravity="left|center" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:text="@string/hello" android:singleLine="true" />
android:textSize="14.0dip" -- Change 14.0 to whatever size you want.
android:textColor="#ffffffff" -- Change #ffffffff to whatever color you want.
- Navigate to res/values/string
- Add this Line at the end. (Screenshot Attached)
Change "Logan" to whatever text you want.
- Recompile SystemUI and Replace in System.
Press the thanks button if this guide was helpful for you.