So, everyone is facing battery life problems in our Xperia Devices. And many of you are getting 3-4 hours of SOT. Here are Some of my hacks and tweaks to have a prolonged battery life and approximately 6+ hours of SOT.
- The device used for these tweaks is Xperia Z2 with eXisteZ Rom. These tweaks may differ on different Rom. It can be better it can be worse.
- FAQ's in the #OP2
Let me first show you some results.
1. 100-6% 9hrs and 15 mins of SOT (by me :P)
2. Here is @cristixperia's 7+ hours SOT after following this thread
Battery life majorly depends on the battery condition or how old is the battery. So, If your battery is like 1 year old then it will have a less SOT than a new battery with same hacks. So, please see the condition of your battery , which probably gets worsened with time.
Battery life also depends on the thermal conditions of battery. If the battery temperature is hot the drain will be more. The temperature should be around 30-35 or less for good battery life and charging rate. So, make sure you battery is not extremely heated or extremely cold.
I'm adding Priority Levels of each step out of 5. So, it will be easy for you to understand the importance of a step in saving you battery life.
So, Here it Goes. Enjoy.
1. Greenify (Priority:5)
Credits for this app to @oasisfeng
Greenify is the one of the best battery saving apps. It can be used to hibernate the background apps or the apps you use less often. Plus when it is used with Xposed and Donation Package features is saves some real juice.
Greenify Donation Package
I'm using version 3.1 build 1 with Donation Package. Here are my settings.
Here is the List of apps to be Greenified :
P.S.: GREENIFYING SYSTEM APPS CAN CAUSE SOME SERIOUS PROBLEMS. PLEASE ASK BEFORE HIBERNATING SYSTEM APPS.
2. Fixing the Google Play Services Drain (Priority:5)
Google play services have been draining the juice from our battery from a very long time. >_> with no fix. And they have always benn the top battery drainers. So, apparantly @iXaidyiu and I have found a fix for this drain.
METHOD 1 : Using AppopsXposed
1. Install AppopsXposed from Xposed Installer.
2. Open AppOpsXposed and select Google Play Services and disable the following (see the screenshot).
3. Open AppOpsXposed and select Google Play Store and disable the following (see the screenshot).
4. Open AppOpsXposed and select Google Play Framework and disable the following (see the screenshot).
5. Open AppOpsXposed and select Google App and disable the following (see the screenshot).
After these steps reboot you device and see the google play services drain gone. But that will be gone from the battey(settings) after a full charge or it will show the previos drains.
Thanks to @iXaidyiu for playing with AppOpsXposed and finding this.
METHOD 2 : Using HEBF Optimizer
Credits for this app to @IvsomEmidio
Follow these steps to get rid of Google Play Services Drain
1. Open HEBF
2. Select Chuck-Norris Type of User(if it is the first time you are opening the app)
3. Select BATTERY from sidebar.
4. Enable GOOGLE PLAY SERVICES DRAIN FIX(Master)
5. Enable all 4 options i.e. Locations Services, Check-IN Services, System Update Services, Usage Report.
6. Reboot and Enjoy.
3. AMPLIFY (Priority:5)
Amplify is a serious battery saver. Amplify can help you to limit some wakelocks, services and alarms for saving battery life. A great tool if used in the right way. It is the best battery saver I've come across and is a must have app if you are running Xposed.
P.S. : How to Set Up Amplify
Or you can use this guide how to use AMPLIFY+ GREENIFY + POWERNAP as combination by @v7 to have the best battery life of your device.
4. Force Doze (Priority:5)
credits for this great app goes to @ssrij
ForceDoze is an app that forces Doze mode right after you turn off your screen. Instead of waiting for the default time period (30 mins), Doze kicks in immediately. ForceDoze also disables motion sensing, so Doze doesn't activate while in your pocket or while the device is moving with screen off, giving far more battery savings than standard Doze functionality.
Here are my Force Doze's Settings.
Apps to be Whitelisted:
ForceDoze doesn't increases your sot but it makes sure your battery remains at the same level you left it. So, technically it increasesyou Screen ON Time. Seriously a great app. But whitelist your instant messengers and the apps you want to get notification from. because force doze can delay notification and can have some serious issues with your phone. use wisely.
For Queries and problems go to the main thread --> here
5. L Speed (Priority:5)
by @Paget96 Thank you brother for this amazing app.
Lspeed is a powerful app with the simplest interface. And can make a serious difference in your screen on time if applied with appropriate settings.
SETTINGS by @iXaidyiu
SETTINGS by @Paget96
1. Do not use Lspeed And HEBF simultaneously. If you want to use them both at the same time, Make sure you dont enable anything from HEBF except Google Play Services Drain FIX. And change the Lspeed's Apply on Boot time to 20 secs, from settings. JUST TO BE SAFE.
2. If you are using Force Doze then disable Lspeed's Agressive Doze and vice versa. OR Else there will be some conflicts.
6. Disabling Fast Dormancy (Priority:5)
What is Fast Dormancy? In simple terms its a device feature that enables mobile devices to notify the cellular base stations when the radio resource allocated to the device is no longer in use, so that the radio resource could be immediately released other than waiting for a timeout event. For instance lets say you are browsing a webpage using your cellular data plan. You stop at a certain webpage (for example to read this article) the connection is maintained and the device will be registered on the network even if data isn’t received or transmitted (always on) and will remain like that until a timeout event is invoked (as per the network rules as to how much time to wait before connection is terminated due to idle timeout). During this time the device’s battery will be drained needlessly in addition to increased congestion on the cellular network due to numerous idle connections. From a device perspective radio power consumes battery so employing fast dormancy should save battery power and increase its life. This also has an advantage to networks as it reduces congestion. But This doesn’t come without a major disadvantage to the very same cellular networks and operators. The making and breaking of the connections increases the signaling traffic and wastes network resources. The workaround to this was done by Nokia Siemens in collaboration with Qualcomm to employ NCFD or Network Control Fast Dormancy in which the device is put on a battery saving idle state while maintaining its network identity without the need to establish a new connection and request a new identity for the device on the network.
Can Increase your battery life by 30%.
How to Disable Fast Dormancy?
Check out this thread by @mirhl. All credits goes to him. The thread is pretty old but it still works.
But if you have problem in understanding here is a simple guide:-
1. Get you carrier MCC and MNC from Wikipedia.
2. Open youe file manager and go to root/etc/fast-dormancy/fd_custm_conf.txt
3. There you will see two lines ending with MCC and MNC with two zeroes.
4. Change those zeroes to the MCC and MNC code you got from Wikipedia
5. Save it. Reboot And Enjoy.
7. KCAL FLASHABLE MODULE FOR MINIMUM BRIGHTNESS (Priority:4)
The credits for this awesome module goes to sir @venkat kamesh.
Brightness has always been the biggest battery drainer of all time excluding the google play services. This module will help you to achieve lower brightness than the minimum threshhold. There are many other options also grayscale display is my personal favoutite. I was testing this module for like 1 week and the results are great. This can significantly increase your battery life.
After flashing this module, you'll see a COLOR CONTROL app in your app drawer.
1. Go to the app.
2. Enable Set on Boot.
3. Change minimun value from 35 to around 100. And then change the value of red blue green to the minimum value.
4. Now change your minimum value to what suits your eyes. and save. I've personally set it to 140. Set according to what suits your eyes.
5. Also the grayscale display is awesome for the users that like black and white display.
Dont set MINIMUM to 0 or else your screen will go black and you wont be able to see a thing unless you've a Sharingan :P
P.S. : Battery on point.
8. Stamina Mode (Priority:4)
Okay. So, Most of us use stamina mode after 15-20% only. But i've been using it from 100% for past one week ans the results are amazing. I've set to Device Performance Preferred and still it is working better than no stamina mode.I can assure you it can increase your SOT by almost 1+ hr if you keep it on Always On.
1. Go to Settings < Battery < Stamina Mode.
2. Select Always On.
3. Select Power Saving Level
4. Select Device Performance Preferred.
9. Removing Xposed Modules (the battery drainers) (Priority:4)
So, i've noticied that some of the xposed modules drains battery when activated. so' ll be listing them below. You can also contribute by telling me some of those xposed modules.
-> Flat Style Coloured Bars
-> Flat Style Bar Indicator
-> Google Assistant Enabler
You can also share your experiences with different xposed modules. if you think that a specific xposed module drains battery please post below and it will be added to the OP after some testing.
The Next 3 steps are regarding turning the screen to black for saving battery. These methods work best on Amoled Displays. As our Xperia Devices have LCD displays so these might be not as effective on our Devices. But I've got the 9+ Screen On time using these. And when I swithed back to white the SOT got to almost around 6-7 hrs with the exact same usage. So i'm sharing these methods. (This was for all those people who were saying dont post fake methods or these methos don't work.)
10. Monochrome App (Priority:4)
Monochrome automatically turns on monochrome (or black & white) mode when your battery is low, to further reduce display power consumption when your battery level is low. This means your device will eat less battery. Simple but effective app. With stamina mode combined, after 15% it can give around 1-1.5 hr + SOT.
11. Black Notification Panel And Notification (Priority:3)
(works great with n-ify xposed modules)
Credits to @iXaidyiu for telling this.
Okay. So we all know white color drains more battery than black. This method will turn your notification panel black. Saving some battery and also looking aesthetically good. So my friend or i should say brother, @iXaidyiu found a way to turn the notification panel and the notification black. Saving almost 10-15% battery.
Follow the steps for this type of notifications.
1. Go to settings > eXistenZ >Notification Panel > Notification Settings
2. Enable Custom Notification Color
3. Select the Notification Background Color to #000000 or to black.
if you are using Android N.ify Xposed Module then :-
4.If you are on n-ify, go to N-ify > Notifications
5. Enabe custom actions background color.
6. Select the Actions Background Color To #FF141313 or to Black.
P.S.: THERE IS A BUG WITH THIS METHOD. THAT IF THE MESSAGES ARE MORE THAN 1. YOU'LL NOT BE ABLE TO SEE THEM. BUT IT WORKS FINE.
4. Black Keyboard and Apps (Priority:3)
As i've told earlier black saves a lot of battery and is also good for your eyes. And we people use keyboard for all the purposes. So, having a black keyboard instead of a white one saves some battery.
Use google keyboard and choose a pitch black theme.
The more you use the black color, the more the battery. So, its on You how much battery you want.
use black themes in your apps. DARK WALLPAPERS. and using black color at most of the places will save some serious juice.
12. Miscellaneous Tweaks (Priority:4)
-> Disable wifi and bluetooth scanning from Settings > location > menu > scanning to save some more battery.
-> Facebook and Facebook Messenger are big time battery drainers. So, try switching to another light apps for some battery saving. I use Folio for Facebook. Its night mode is awesome and it has options to refresh notification in a specific interval of time. You can also use some other apps like SlimSocial for Fb or MaterialFB. You'll also see increase in performance of your device after removing Fb and fb messenger.
-> Even if your Wifi is off,your phone searches for Wifi Signals.To switch off this feature,Go to Settings > Wifi > Options(Top right corner) > Advanced >Scanning always available(Off).
-> Do not use Adaptive Brightness. Also try to keep your Brightness to Minimum.
-> Removing unnecessary apps. They keep draining Battery in the background. For this, you can use my DEBLOATER SCRIPT. You'll also see an increase in performance of your Device.
So, this is all. With these methods you can also get 6-7 hrs of SOT. And i'll be posting more methods if I get to know some.
P.S. : I'm not responsible if something happens to your device. Proceed with precaution. Stay Safe.
SPECIAL THANKS TO THESE PEOPLE FOR HELPING THIS THREAD: