A tool to root your device using CVE-2014-7911 (by Keen Team) and CVE-2014-4322 (by zxz0O0).
System rw access & SuperSU installation.
- USB debugging enabled
Settings => About phone => Click 7 times on Android Build to unlock developer options
- Allow mock locations
Settings => Developer Settings
- adb drivers installed
- Firmware < October 2014 (kernel and system)
How to use
- Download the tool (latest version) and extract it
- Start your device and plug it to your computer
- Put your device in air plane mode
- Run install.bat and follow the instructions on screen
- Congratulations! You should now be rooted. If you get an error "Device not rooted", try running the tool a second time.
Don't forget to make a donation
If you are not rooted, see post #3 for possible solutions!
What can you do next
- Make a donation to the people involved
- Backup TA partition / DRM keys
- Install dualrecovery by [NUT]
Download Z??-lockeddualrecovery2.X.XXX-BETA.installer.zip from http://nut.xperia-files.com/, run install.bat and select Option #1
Note if you have problems after installing recovery, this thread is not the place to ask for help!
Big thanks to Keen Team for developing the CVE-2014-7911 exploit.
Original thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/mate...6/post57991147
88 a8P 88888888888 88888888888 888b 88 88 ,88' 88 88 8888b 88 88 ,88" 88 88 88 `8b 88 88,d88' 88aaaaa 88aaaaa 88 `8b 88 8888"88, 88""""" 88""""" 88 `8b 88 88P Y8b 88 88 88 `8b 88 88 "88, 88 88 88 `8888 88 Y8b 88888888888 88888888888 88 `888 Huawei Ascend Mate 7 root utility Present by Keen Team: Liang Chen, flanker017 - CVE-2014-7911 exploit idl3r - Kernel vulnerability and exploit Special thanks to: Yaron Lavi and Nadav Markus from Palo Alto Networks for "Mock Location" trick Chainfire for SuperSU KingRoot (www.kingroot.net) for testing devices Tested on MT7-TL10 and MT7-CL00 China Domestic edition with B122 SP06 (2014/12/30) May or may not work on international editions
- Chainfire: SuperSU developer
- MohammadAG: Disable RIC kernel module (Link)
- idler1984: Trick for stopping system_server
- RHBH, squabbi, minijaws, Desperanto86: Testing & debugging
- Add new device D6643 and D6616 (see here)
- Small fixes
- Fixed a few bugs allocating memory
- Add some new devices / firmwares for compatibility
- Fix phone rebooting before exploit completed (thanks idler1984!)
- Fix error allocating memory for exploit code
- Initial release
giefroot - rooting tool, Tool/Utility for the OEM Cross Device Development
Last Updated 2015-05-03