FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Do you need support for Sony SBH56?

Yes

0 Vote(s)
0%
No

2 Vote(s)
100.00%

[HOW-TO] Sony MW1 , Sony SBH52 and SBH54 Firmware Downgrade / Firmware Update

63 posts
Thanks Meter: 100

By burak5, Member on 17th October 2014, 10:04 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
This is a Method to update Firmware of Sony MW1 , Sony SBH52 and SBH54. I extract the firmware from the headset apk.
BIG UPDATE
Instructions for Sony MW1:
1. Download the Attachment "Sony MW1 Firmware Tool"
2. Reset your Device via Settings/Systeminfo/Reset
3. Power off your Sony MW1, press "back-button" and connect in the same moment your device to the usb port of your computer.
Now you should see this screen:

4. Now open the program "zadig.exe" in the Attachment and press Options/List all Devices.
4.1 Now you choose your device which is connected in DFU-Mode and which should be named "LANCE", Choose "WinUSB (v6.1.7600.16385)" and" press "Replace Driver"

5. Now open "Firmware-TOOL.bat" Batch File, choose your Firmware and wait until the Flash Process finished.
if Flash Process was successful you get a green screen(If i didnt make something wrong error interpretation).
PS: Dont get scared if you get a red screen. This only means that you didnt follow all steps in this Instruction.
6. Remove USB-Cable and Press Power button.
7. Reset your Device again and have fun with your "stable" Firmware.

Instructions for Sony SBH52:
1. Download the Attachment "Sony SBH52 Firmware Tool"
2. Reset your Device via Settings/Reset
3. Power off your Sony SBH52, press "back-button" and connect in the same moment your device to the usb port of your computer.
Now you should see this screen:

4. Now open the program "zadig.exe" in the Attachment and press Options/List all Devices.
4.1 Now you choose your device which is connected in DFU-Mode and which should be named "SBH52", Choose "WinUSB (v6.1.7600.16385)" and" press "(Re)install Driver"

5. Now open "Firmware-TOOL.bat" Batch File, choose your Firmware and wait until the Flash Process finished.
if Flash Process was successful you get a green screen.
PS: Dont get scared if you get a red screen. This only means that you didnt follow all steps in this Instruction.
6. Remove USB-Cable and Press Power button.
7. Reset your Device again and have fun with your "stable" Firmware.

Instructions for Sony SBH54:
1. Download the Attachment "Sony SBH54 Firmware Tool"
2. Reset Your Device
3. Power off your device, then hold down call button and at the same time connect with the usb to pc [Thanks to pelopis]
4-7. Same like SBH52 Instructions

Warning: I take no responsibility for bricked devices or angry Sony staff.

Changelog
Latest Updates:
V.1.0 for Sony SBH 54 Firmware Tool
-added 7 different Firmware Files, which are extracted from the offical Sony App
-Option for Custom Firmware update
-Backup and Restore your Firmware

V.1.0 for Sony SBH 52 Firmware Tool
- added Sony SBH 52 Firmware Update and Downgrade Tool with 2 Firmwares: 2.3.A.0.9 and 2.4.A.0.2 [Tool Tested by myself and Tool is stable]

V.2.1 for Sony MW1 Firmware Tool
- added Option for Custom Firmware Update and Restore of backup Firmware on Sony MW1 tool with marked as BETA
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

V.2.0
for Sony MW1 Firmware Tool
- update zadig.exe
- new Batch File with MENU
- Included many other firmware updates for example: firmware 0.1.C.0.3, 0.1.E.1.4 and 0.1.E.1.6
- Add Backup feature which creates a backup of your current firmware (PS: you can send me your firmware files if they er not included in the batch File)
- Add Font.bin File to the Download files at the bottom (Font.bin fixes issues with special mp3 tags for example with Chinese or Japanese characters)
- minor bug fixes

V.1.1
- update zadig.exe
- update dfu-util.exe ( should fix error with multiple DFU devices)
V.1.0
-initial version

Troubleshooting:
If you followed all steps but dfutil cant find any dfu device then try another usb Port which is not Usb 3.0.

Please provide me older Firmware Files or older Sony MW1 and Sony SBH 52/54 Applications, for expanding the choice of Firmware.
Don´t forget to press Thanks and spread this Solution on other forums with referring on this Thread.
The Following 34 Users Say Thank You to burak5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift burak5 Ad-Free
3rd November 2014, 06:37 PM |#2  
OP Member

More
Feedback
Any Feedback or Thanks if you downloaded and tested this method??
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to burak5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift burak5 Ad-Free
13th November 2014, 05:24 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
USB Device Does Not Show Up
Quote:
Originally Posted by burak5

Any Feedback or Thanks if you downloaded and tested this method??

So, when I get my MW1 into the file transfer mode. The same display as you sent. I do not get any recognition of the OS that a USB device is connected.

Mac OS 10.9.2, Windows 8.1 64bit, Windows 7 64bit.

The device is not detected in zadig. Am I missing a step? The device does not show up in device manager, or System Profiler (OSX).

Am I missing a step?
The Following User Says Thank You to VirginiaVn900 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift VirginiaVn900 Ad-Free
13th November 2014, 05:44 PM |#4  
OP Member

More
1. It´s not file transfer mode. It´s Firmware update mode (you need to press back button while connecting your device)
2. It should show up (I have a win 7 64bit)
I think you maybe missed the back button or your computer cant download the drivers (?)...
The Following User Says Thank You to burak5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift burak5 Ad-Free
20th November 2014, 05:39 AM |#5  

More
My USB Cable was shot.

So zadig.exe has "Install Driver" not "Replace". DFU-Util is saying that I have more than one device in DFU Mode. Is there a way to modify the install.bat to specify a specific device?

zadig.exe detects 5 devices on my Macbook Pro running Windows.

Quote:

1. It´s not file transfer mode. It´s Firmware update mode (you need to press back button while connecting your device)
2. It should show up (I have a win 7 64bit)
I think you maybe missed the back button or your computer cant download the drivers (?)...

22nd November 2014, 07:05 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Opening DFU capable USB device... Cannot open device
Hi ,

I have tried to downgrade it by given steps, While opening install.bat it says "Opening DFU capable USB device... Cannot open device"

Please do the needful

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by paisakya

Hi ,

I have tried to downgrade it by given steps, While opening install.bat it says "Opening DFU capable USB device... Cannot open device"

Please do the needful

Appreciate your help
24th November 2014, 06:30 PM |#7  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginiaVn900

My USB Cable was shot.

So zadig.exe has "Install Driver" not "Replace". DFU-Util is saying that I have more than one device in DFU Mode. Is there a way to modify the install.bat to specify a specific device?

zadig.exe detects 5 devices on my Macbook Pro running Windows.

I updated the dfu-util. Now this error shouldnt happen anymore.
Pls give Feedback
Quote:
Originally Posted by paisakya

Hi ,

Please do the needful

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 PM ----------

Appreciate your help

Then you missed the steps with zadig.exe.
I updated the instructions.
Please look on Step 4 and 4.1 with the picture.
The Following User Says Thank You to burak5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift burak5 Ad-Free
25th November 2014, 02:33 PM |#8  

More
Thumbs up Thanks!
Great job man!

I wrote several times to complain about sony for this update but I have never heard.
With the downgrade is risen!
The Following User Says Thank You to phpbeta For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift phpbeta Ad-Free
27th November 2014, 10:12 PM |#9  

More
Verified Safe
Quote:

I updated the dfu-util. Now this error shouldnt happen anymore.
Pls give Feedback

Then you missed the steps with zadig.exe.
I updated the instructions.
Please look on Step 4 and 4.1 with the picture.

Verified Working.

Now running 0.1.D.0.6

Thanks a million!
28th November 2014, 05:48 PM |#10  
OP Member

More
Thanks
Please use Thanks button for telling thank you
4th December 2014, 08:26 PM |#11  

More
Thank you so much!! finally found a way to downgrade! you saved my mw1 from the trash can lol. can't believe sony just dropped the support entirely without fixing the firmware...
The Following User Says Thank You to wokao118 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wokao118 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread