Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

burak5

Feb 29, 2012
Hello guys! How is your MW1 doing nowadays? I am about to buy two units for my brother and me, and would not want a fiasco.

Please, tell me, with this firmware version 0.1.D.0.6 the device is working perfectly? Do you recommend this headset?
For me this is the most complete and feature packed Bluetooth headset today, I am about to buy it.

Are all its features working in Android 5.1.1?

Please help me! Thank you!

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

Hey, man! Thank you for this tutorial and update! Seems like this is the only one Would you tell me how is your MW1 doing? Is it working fine with Android 4 and 5?
Have you got any other older firmware? Like C version 0.1.C.0.3? Is this version 0.1.D.0.6 is working fine with all the features?
I would very much appreciate your comments on the device as I'm about to buy it!
Thank you!

After getting these bulk, with no instructions, I finally got it to pair with my Nexus 6. After pairing it did not play over the headset, just out of the N6 speakers. After a power cycle it started working. The sound sucked the big one. It was like hearing it over an answering machine from the 80's. So after a google search on firmware, I saw this thread.:victory:

It only took 3 minutes to downgrade and it sounds GREAT!!!!!:good:

I am on windows 10 with a USB 3.0 and let the Zadig update to 2.1.2.677. All the other files were fine.

The install.bat file only took about a minute to finish.

Many Thanks and Happy Holidays!!!!

I made a big update and included other firmware updates which you can test. I couldn't test all of it because i don't have a Sony MW1 any more (I tried to change the battery and broke it :D) . It would be nice if you could test All firmware updates which I extract from the official Sony MW 1 Application and the new batch File Menu. I hope I don't get into trouble because of some angry Sony staff :D

Loyusmag

Mar 14, 2016
MW1 Firmware downgrade

Hey Everyone! After some research, I decided to buy the MW1, because it combines the features i needed, despite it is a "old" device (Perfect for my "oldies" Xperia SP and P). I bought it in january but after a long trip, i finally could "open the box" just 10 days ago. So far, I` ve liked all the features and the sound quality as well. I was reluctant to update the firmware but, trusting in Sony (Again!), I did it just this morning and my love for the device (And Sony) started to fall.

I won `t describe all the known issues with the MW1 after the firmware update; just want to share my frustration in how Customer support from Sony, regarding software problems, is at least, dreadful (This is not my first time looking solutions for problems after software updates from Sony)

Thanks a lot burack5 for this solution for MW1 firmware downgrade. After the process (To version 0.1.D.0.6), my device is running smoothly as new and my mind in peace not thinking I wasted my money on this device.

Best Regards

burak5

Feb 29, 2012
Hey Everyone! After some research, I decided to buy the MW1, because it combines the features i needed, despite it is a "old" device (Perfect for my "oldies" Xperia SP and P). I bought it in january but after a long trip, i finally could "open the box" just 10 days ago. So far, I` ve liked all the features and the sound quality as well. I was reluctant to update the firmware but, trusting in Sony (Again!), I did it just this morning and my love for the device (And Sony) started to fall.

I won `t describe all the known issues with the MW1 after the firmware update; just want to share my frustration in how Customer support from Sony, regarding software problems, is at least, dreadful (This is not my first time looking solutions for problems after software updates from Sony)

Thanks a lot burack5 for this solution for MW1 firmware downgrade. After the process (To version 0.1.D.0.6), my device is running smoothly as new and my mind in peace not thinking I wasted my money on this device.

Best Regards
Did you used the new version of my tool which called firmware tool or the old version which marked [OLD].
I ask because I want to know if the new version is stable :)

Reactions: Loyusmag

Loyusmag

Mar 14, 2016
Did you used the new version of my tool which called firmware tool or the old version which marked [OLD].
I ask because I want to know if the new version is stable :)

Hi Burack5,

I used the new version (Firmware tool). It performed very well :good: . No strange behaviors ocurred using a windows 7 based machine. The downgrade was from version 0.1.E.1.6 to 0.1.D.0.6.

Best Regards!

gsko16

Apr 27, 2016
I have a MW1 and a eSYNIC bleutooth receiver/transmitter device. Unfortunately, these two do not seem to negotiate codes correctly and MW1 says Codes not matching. Each device works fine with other devices, such as my smartphone and bluetooth speaker. I have tried the 0.1.E.1.6 and 0.1.D.0.6 firmware on the MW1, but no difference.
Does anybody have an idea if this issue can be solved?

burak5

Feb 29, 2012
I have a MW1 and a eSYNIC bleutooth receiver/transmitter device. Unfortunately, these two do not seem to negotiate codes correctly and MW1 says Codes not matching. Each device works fine with other devices, such as my smartphone and bluetooth speaker. I have tried the 0.1.E.1.6 and 0.1.D.0.6 firmware on the MW1, but no difference.
Does anybody have an idea if this issue can be solved?

did you reset your device before and after firmware update?. Then the problem caused by your bluetooth transmitter.

oldgamer31

Mar 10, 2010
I second that question about the font.bin file..

I just downgraded the firmware with your latest tool (not the one marked "old") which worked flawlessly, but looks like the font.bin file did not apply as I can't get to a foreign (Japanese) playlist on it and if I get to it on my phone which plays well, I get little squares in place of the Japanese characters. I checked through the pages (all 3 of them) and only one person has the same question but unanswered. I tried placing the font file in the same directory as the program files but no go, the device did do the downgrade as it should (I chose 1 as the most stable in the prompt) but there is no choice as to apply the font.bin file. A little help please, Thank you.

Cheers!!

burak5

Feb 29, 2012
I just downgraded the firmware with your latest tool (not the one marked "old") which worked flawlessly, but looks like the font.bin file did not apply as I can't get to a foreign (Japanese) playlist on it and if I get to it on my phone which plays well, I get little squares in place of the Japanese characters. I checked through the pages (all 3 of them) and only one person has the same question but unanswered. I tried placing the font file in the same directory as the program files but no go, the device did do the downgrade as it should (I chose 1 as the most stable in the prompt) but there is no choice as to apply the font.bin file. A little help please, Thank you.

Cheers!!
Japenese needs only the font.bin file in the first post of me.
Download it and put the file on a micro sd card which you insert in your sony mw1. Then it should work, after a restart.
===>http://xdaforums.com/xperia-u/issues/how-to-downgrading-sony-mw1-to-0-1-d-0-6-t2909130

Last edited:
Reactions: oldgamer31

Adibas03

Jun 15, 2012
Enable Custom Firmware Upload

Hi,
I just tweaked the Program to enable Installation of Custom firmware.
I have update Option 5 to accept 'Custom Firmware'
The firmware has to be copied to the running directory and then the file name will be prompted for.
It was helpful for me.Check it out.
If it helps you, Don´t forget to press Thanks.

http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3917689&d=1477582863

Like the Title says, I found a Solution for downgrading your devices after one Day I got my Sony MW1 :p. I'm Using the, method of Flashing Sony Smartwatch 2 optimized on the Sony MW1 which is using a similar (same?) Hardware. I extract the firmware from the headset apk.
BIG UPDATE :cowboy:
Instructions:
1. Download the Attachment "Sony MW1 Firmware Tool"
2. Reset your Device via Settings/Systeminfo/Reset
3. Power off your Sony MW1, press "back-button" and connect in the same moment your device to the usb port of your computer.
Now you should see this screen:
7bxr6m9zd5y81mai6.jpg

4. Now open the program "zadig.exe" in the Attachment and press Options/List all Devices.
4.1 Now you choose your device which is connected in DFU-Mode and which should be named "LANCE", Choose "WinUSB (v6.1.7600.16385)" and" press "Replace Driver"
zadig0iubpxqoy6.jpg

5. Now open "Firmware-TOOL.bat" Batch File, choose your Firmware and wait until the Flash Process finished.
if Flash Process was successful you get a green screen(If i didnt make something wrong error interpretation).
PS: Dont get scared if you get a red screen. This only means that you didnt follow all steps in this Instruction.
6. Remove USB-Cable and Press Power button.
7. Reset your Device again and have fun with your "stable" Firmware.

Warning: I take no responsibility for bricked devices or angry Sony staff.:cowboy:

Changelog
V.2.0
- update zadig.exe
- new Batch File with MENU
- Included many other firmware updates for example: firmware 0.1.C.0.3, 0.1.E.1.4 and 0.1.E.1.6
- Add Backup feature which creates a backup of your current firmware (PS: you can send me your firmware files if they er not included in the batch File)
- Add Font.bin File to the Download files at the bottom (Font.bin fixes issues with special mp3 tags for example with Chinese or Japanese characters)
- minor bug fixes

V.1.1
- update zadig.exe
- update dfu-util.exe ( should fix error with multiple DFU devices)
V.1.0
-initial version
Troubleshooting:
If you followed alls steps but dfutil cant find any dfu device then try another usb Port which is not Usb 3.0.

Please provide me older Firmware Files or older Sony MW1 Applications, for expanding the choice of Firmware.
Don´t forget to press Thanks and spread this Solution on other forums with referring on this Thread. :D

Reactions: Magickly

burak5

Feb 29, 2012
Hi,
I just tweaked the Program to enable Installation of Custom firmware.
I have update Option 5 to accept 'Custom Firmware'
The firmware has to be copied to the running directory and then the file name will be prompted for.
It was helpful for me.Check it out.
If it helps you, Don´t forget to press Thanks.

http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3917689&d=1477582863

I write on the first post that you can send me alternative firmware if you have one. Custom firmwares doesnt exist for this device only official firmware from sony.

Reactions: Pankaj Sabhlock

burak5

Feb 29, 2012
I used the program to install firmware on a different device:
Sony SBH50.
The process is actually similar.

ok you are right working with sbh 52 too. I will update my Tool soon for supporting sbh 50 and sbh 52. Did you update the firmware of your sbh50 with the same commands?

oldgamer31

Mar 10, 2010
Thank you

Japenese needs only the font.bin file in the first post of me.
Download it and put the file on a micro sd card which you insert in your sony mw1. Then it should work, after a restart.
===>http://xdaforums.com/xperia-u/issues/how-to-downgrading-sony-mw1-to-0-1-d-0-6-t2909130

I just found out by looking around also I found another firmware from another website 0.1.B.0.6, didn't installed it though, Update: I removed the screen cap as it's not needed.

Last edited:

burak5

Feb 29, 2012
I just found out by looking around also I found another firmware from another website 0.1.B.0.6, didn't installed it though, I also before checking in had cleaned up your firmware tool.bat file since most of the lettering was all garbled in the command prompt, here's a screen cap of how it looks now.. I also added a few more options, let me know what you think..

nmddqfv8.jpg

i think this looks good enough. I think the problem is your screen resolution or some thing else which destroys the layout of my batch script on your computer. I updated the Tool with custom Firmware option and I created a Firmware tool for Sony SBH 52. If there is time i will make a similiar Tool for Sony SBH50 after searching some firmware for it.
For further suggestions you can write me a PM :)

Last edited:

burak5

Feb 29, 2012
UPDATE:
I add the custom firmware function and restore of backup Firmware to the sony mw 1 Firmware tool and I add a new Firmware Update tool for Sony SBH52 with 2 main firmware versions :)

Reactions: Pankaj Sabhlock

oldgamer31

Mar 10, 2010
No problem.

nmddqfv8.jpg

i think this looks good enough. I think the problem is your screen resolution or some thing else which destroys the layout of my batch script on your computer. I updated the Tool with custom Firmware option and I created a Firmware tool for Sony SBH 52. If there is time i will make a similiar Tool for Sony SBH50 after searching some firmware for it.
For further suggestions you can write me a PM :)

Ok, No problem with that, what's your current resolution as mine is 1920x1080.
UPDATE: Nevermind, I figured it out.

Last edited:

netr0pa

Jul 11, 2012
Are there any firmware versions which do NOT use paing code for MW1?

I find that MW1 pairing code very annoying since it is denying so many devices.

I used to have Sony MW600 before and it worked so fine without pairing code.

Are there any versions I can use in order to make sure my MW1 doesn't utilize the pairing code function?

EDIT: I even downgraded down to version 0.1.D.0.6 but still it requires pairing code :(

I try to connect MW1 together with "Taotronics bluetooth transmitter" but it seems like our MW1 always deny other devices if they cannot have function to pair with the paring code... which is very annoying.

Why MW1 cannot make it like MW600 where you didn't need code?

Last edited:

burak5

Feb 29, 2012
Are there any firmware versions which do NOT use paing code for MW1?

I find that MW1 pairing code very annoying since it is denying so many devices.

I used to have Sony MW600 before and it worked so fine without pairing code.

Are there any versions I can use in order to make sure my MW1 doesn't utilize the pairing code function?

EDIT: I even downgraded down to version 0.1.D.0.6 but still it requires pairing code :(

I try to connect MW1 together with "Taotronics bluetooth transmitter" but it seems like our MW1 always deny other devices if they cannot have function to pair with the paring code... which is very annoying.

Why MW1 cannot make it like MW600 where you didn't need code?

I think this is because newer Bluetooth version has a higher security standard, because of that you need a Pairing code :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a Method to update Firmware of Sony MW1 , Sony SBH52 and SBH54. I extract the firmware from the headset apk.
    BIG UPDATE :cowboy:
    Instructions for Sony MW1:
    1. Download the Attachment "Sony MW1 Firmware Tool"
    2. Reset your Device via Settings/Systeminfo/Reset
    3. Power off your Sony MW1, press "back-button" and connect in the same moment your device to the usb port of your computer.
    7bxr6m9zd5y81mai6.jpg

4. Now open the program "zadig.exe" in the Attachment and press Options/List all Devices.
    4.1 Now you choose your device which is connected in DFU-Mode and which should be named "LANCE", Choose "WinUSB (v6.1.7600.16385)" and" press "Replace Driver"
    zadig0iubpxqoy6.jpg

5. Now open "Firmware-TOOL.bat" Batch File, choose your Firmware and wait until the Flash Process finished.
    if Flash Process was successful you get a green screen(If i didnt make something wrong error interpretation).
    PS: Dont get scared if you get a red screen. This only means that you didnt follow all steps in this Instruction.

Instructions for Sony SBH52:
    1. Download the Attachment "Sony SBH52 Firmware Tool"
    2. Reset your Device via Settings/Reset
    3. Power off your Sony SBH52, press "back-button" and connect in the same moment your device to the usb port of your computer.
    image2016103xn0uyaqskd.jpg

4.1 Now you choose your device which is connected in DFU-Mode and which should be named "SBH52", Choose "WinUSB (v6.1.7600.16385)" and" press "(Re)install Driver"
    unbenanntuesfp3tix2.jpg

if Flash Process was successful you get a green screen.

Instructions for Sony SBH54:
    1. Download the Attachment "Sony SBH54 Firmware Tool"
    2. Reset Your Device
    3. Power off your device, then hold down call button and at the same time connect with the usb to pc [Thanks to pelopis]
    4-7. Same like SBH52 Instructions

Warning: I take no responsibility for bricked devices or angry Sony staff.:cowboy:

Changelog
    Latest Updates:
    V.1.0 for Sony SBH 54 Firmware Tool
    -added 7 different Firmware Files, which are extracted from the offical Sony App
    -Option for Custom Firmware update
    -Backup and Restore your Firmware

V.1.0 for Sony SBH 52 Firmware Tool
    - added Sony SBH 52 Firmware Update and Downgrade Tool with 2 Firmwares: 2.3.A.0.9 and 2.4.A.0.2 [Tool Tested by myself and Tool is stable]

V.2.1 for Sony MW1 Firmware Tool
    - added Option for Custom Firmware Update and Restore of backup Firmware on Sony MW1 tool with marked as BETA
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

V.2.0 for Sony MW1 Firmware Tool
    - update zadig.exe
    - new Batch File with MENU
    - Included many other firmware updates for example: firmware 0.1.C.0.3, 0.1.E.1.4 and 0.1.E.1.6
    - Add Backup feature which creates a backup of your current firmware (PS: you can send me your firmware files if they er not included in the batch File)
    - Add Font.bin File to the Download files at the bottom (Font.bin fixes issues with special mp3 tags for example with Chinese or Japanese characters)
    - minor bug fixes

V.1.1 for Sony MW1 Firmware Tool
    - update zadig.exe
    - update dfu-util.exe ( should fix error with multiple DFU devices)
    V.1.0 for Sony MW1 Firmware Tool
    -initial version

Troubleshooting:
    If you followed all steps but dfutil cant find any dfu device then try another usb Port which is not Usb 3.0.

Please provide me older Firmware Files or older Sony MW1 and Sony SBH 52/54 Applications, for expanding the choice of Firmware.
    Don´t forget to press Thanks and spread this Solution on other forums with referring on this Thread. :D
    Feedback

Any Feedback or Thanks if you downloaded and tested this method?? :eek:
    Update

Thank you so much, i did successfully return back to 1.3.A.0.9 firmware with the details you have given.

I create a Firmware Update/Downgrade Tool for Sony SBH54 with 7 different Firmware versions. Look on the first Page for Download :)
    Hello guys! How is your MW1 doing nowadays? I am about to buy two units for my brother and me, and would not want a fiasco.

Please, tell me, with this firmware version 0.1.D.0.6 the device is working perfectly? Do you recommend this headset?
    For me this is the most complete and feature packed Bluetooth headset today, I am about to buy it.

Are all its features working in Android 5.1.1?

Please help me! Thank you!

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

Hey, man! Thank you for this tutorial and update! Seems like this is the only one Would you tell me how is your MW1 doing? Is it working fine with Android 4 and 5?
    Have you got any other older firmware? Like C version 0.1.C.0.3? Is this version 0.1.D.0.6 is working fine with all the features?
    I would very much appreciate your comments on the device as I'm about to buy it!
    Thank you!

After getting these bulk, with no instructions, I finally got it to pair with my Nexus 6. After pairing it did not play over the headset, just out of the N6 speakers. After a power cycle it started working. The sound sucked the big one. It was like hearing it over an answering machine from the 80's. So after a google search on firmware, I saw this thread.:victory:

It only took 3 minutes to downgrade and it sounds GREAT!!!!!:good:

I am on windows 10 with a USB 3.0 and let the Zadig update to 2.1.2.677. All the other files were fine.

The install.bat file only took about a minute to finish.

Many Thanks and Happy Holidays!!!!

I made a big update and included other firmware updates which you can test. I couldn't test all of it because i don't have a Sony MW1 any more (I tried to change the battery and broke it :D) . It would be nice if you could test All firmware updates which I extract from the official Sony MW 1 Application and the new batch File Menu. I hope I don't get into trouble because of some angry Sony staff :D
    Dear Guru
    my sbh52 was working fine, then suddenly out of the blue it bricked itself spontaneously.
    so I cannot reset, because it does not load up, only showing somekind of charging/loading bar.
    I can backup, but not upload. both fw get an error:

Download from image offset 0001f400 to memory 0805f400-0805f7ff, size 1024
    Poll timeout 50 ms
    Poll timeout 0 ms
    Download from image offset 0001f800 to memory 0805f800-0805fbff, size 1024
    Poll timeout 50 ms
    Poll timeout 0 ms
    Download from image offset 0001fc00 to memory 0805fc00-0805ffff, size 1024
    Poll timeout 50 ms
    Poll timeout 0 ms
    Poll timeout 10 ms
    Error during special command "ERASE_PAGE" get_status