• No

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

burak5

Feb 29, 2012
Dear Guru
my sbh52 was working fine, then suddenly out of the blue it bricked itself spontaneously.
so I cannot reset, because it does not load up, only showing somekind of charging/loading bar.
I can backup, but not upload. both fw get an error:

Download from image offset 0001f400 to memory 0805f400-0805f7ff, size 1024
Poll timeout 50 ms
Poll timeout 0 ms
Download from image offset 0001f800 to memory 0805f800-0805fbff, size 1024
Poll timeout 50 ms
Poll timeout 0 ms
Download from image offset 0001fc00 to memory 0805fc00-0805ffff, size 1024
Poll timeout 50 ms
Poll timeout 0 ms
Poll timeout 10 ms
Error during special command "ERASE_PAGE" get_status
ERRORCODE: 74
Press any key to continue . . .

jf3PvKh

help

Looks like the Nand Flash is corrupted or broken. :mad:

Reactions: regh

Melissakis

Aug 27, 2013
Thessaloniki
Thank you so much! I was ready to get rid of that terrible piece of tech, but your guide saved me.
For me, the solution was to revert to firmware 1.4.A.1.9, it solved all my problems and now my SBH54 works as it should. I just have to ignore the app's prompt to update to the latest firmware.

burak5

Feb 29, 2012
Did this ever work with the SBH50, and if so, is there firmware somewhere to download?
Should also work for SBH50. Firmware Files can be extracted from the sony sh50 app. If you want, I can also create a Tool for SBH50 :), but At the moment Im busy with university. I will take a look if you want in End of August, begin of September.

nougiw

Dec 26, 2010
Hello, I'm on windows 7 x64 and fw version 1.6.A.1.6 on sbh54. I'm trying to backup the current fw but I can't. I'm putting the device into firmware update mode, right? Or is there another mode for downloading from the device? I run zadig.exe and list devices. I see no SBH54 but an "XXH00" instead, but it doesn't matter. I go on with the "reinstall driver" and then run "Firmware-TOOL.bat" and choose option 9 and I get an "errorcode 74 Press any key to continue..." and then Firmware BACKUP of your FIRMWARE was NOT succesful, post in the forum for help etc...

In case you need the complete output:

dfu-util 0.8

Copyright 2005-2009 Weston Schmidt, Harald Welte and OpenMoko Inc.
Copyright 2010-2014 Tormod Volden and Stefan Schmidt
This program is Free Software and has ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
Please report bugs to dfu-util@lists.gnumonks.org

Opening DFU capable USB device...
ID 0fce:f0fa
Run-time device DFU version 011a
Claiming USB DFU Interface...
Setting Alternate Setting #0 ...
Determining device status: state = dfuERROR, status = 10
dfuERROR, clearing status
Determining device status: state = dfuIDLE, status = 0
dfuIDLE, continuing
DFU mode device DFU version 011a
Device returned transfer size 1024
DfuSe interface name: "Rodrigues DP1 Internal Flash "
Memory segment at 0x08000000 3 x 16384 = 49152 (r)
Memory segment at 0x0800c000 1 x 16384 = 16384 (rew)
Memory segment at 0x08010000 1 x 65536 = 65536 (rew)
Memory segment at 0x08020000 7 x 131072 = 917504 (rew)
Limiting upload to end of memory segment, 786432 bytes
Poll timeout 50 ms
Poll timeout 0 ms
Upload [ ] 0% 0 bytesdfuse_upload: libusb_
control_msg returned -9

mountain0000

Oct 27, 2008
Very helpful!

Thanks Burak5! My SBH54 has a tool to both upgrade and downgrade to any version of the firmware now. I have one question, what do I do with the font.bin file if I would like to have this little device to show Chinese and Japanese characters? Thanks again for your tools, it worked like a chime!

Nai PKU

Nov 11, 2014
Great, downgrade OK for SBH52
But how can I disable Update notification to FW 2.4.A.0.2, my phone have root

www_123

May 24, 2008
Hello, I'm on windows 7 x64 and fw version 1.6.A.1.6 on sbh54. I'm trying to backup the current fw but I can't. I'm putting the device into firmware update mode, right? Or is there another mode for downloading from the device? I run zadig.exe and list devices. I see no SBH54 but an "XXH00" instead, but it doesn't matter. I go on with the "reinstall driver" and then run "Firmware-TOOL.bat" and choose option 9 and I get an "errorcode 74 Press any key to continue..." and then Firmware BACKUP of your FIRMWARE was NOT succesful, post in the forum for help etc...

In case you need the complete output:

dfu-util 0.8

Copyright 2005-2009 Weston Schmidt, Harald Welte and OpenMoko Inc.
Copyright 2010-2014 Tormod Volden and Stefan Schmidt
This program is Free Software and has ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
Please report bugs to dfu-util@lists.gnumonks.org

Opening DFU capable USB device...
ID 0fce:f0fa
Run-time device DFU version 011a
Claiming USB DFU Interface...
Setting Alternate Setting #0 ...
Determining device status: state = dfuERROR, status = 10
dfuERROR, clearing status
Determining device status: state = dfuIDLE, status = 0
dfuIDLE, continuing
DFU mode device DFU version 011a
Device returned transfer size 1024
DfuSe interface name: "Rodrigues DP1 Internal Flash "
Memory segment at 0x08000000 3 x 16384 = 49152 (r)
Memory segment at 0x0800c000 1 x 16384 = 16384 (rew)
Memory segment at 0x08010000 1 x 65536 = 65536 (rew)
Memory segment at 0x08020000 7 x 131072 = 917504 (rew)
Limiting upload to end of memory segment, 786432 bytes
Poll timeout 50 ms
Poll timeout 0 ms
Upload [ ] 0% 0 bytesdfuse_upload: libusb_
control_msg returned -9

Same to me,anybody can help.

NetSkipper

Jan 21, 2008
Interstella 5555
israpda.com
Dear Guru
my sbh52 was working fine, then suddenly out of the blue it bricked itself spontaneously.
so I cannot reset, because it does not load up, only showing somekind of charging/loading bar.

Poll timeout 50 ms
Poll timeout 0 ms
Poll timeout 50 ms
Poll timeout 0 ms
Poll timeout 50 ms
Poll timeout 0 ms
Poll timeout 10 ms

Same with my SBH52. Was with 2.4.A.0.2
I reset the device, connected as instructed. Using the tool I was able to back up (6) my current firmware.
Then I tried to downgrade to 2.3.A.0.9 (2), and got the above message.
Now there is a loading bar on the screen, and it's not progressing, stuck.
Anything I can do? Is the device bricked without recovery?

Last edited:

takoukis

Dec 8, 2020
Hello,
My name is takis and i am in a deadend with my sbh52 headset. I had Z5 dual sony (android 7.1.1) and the sbh52 was working perfect.Then i bought XZ3 sony and join them with sbh52 (android 10),after the update, i can't make calls from the sbh52, i can't read messages and it stops ringing when i have a call.The only things i can do is to answer and hang up the calls and listen radio.That's it.!
As i read all the pages of how i can downgrade the firmware, i see the steps for my sbh52 but except the zadig.exe which i downloaded i can't find the sony firmware tool and of course older versions.
Can anybody help me because this headset is the most perfect and suitable for me.
Thank you
(My knowledge about these stuff,as you can see, are very few...!!!)

burak5

Feb 29, 2012
Hello,
My name is takis and i am in a deadend with my sbh52 headset. I had Z5 dual sony (android 7.1.1) and the sbh52 was working perfect.Then i bought XZ3 sony and join them with sbh52 (android 10),after the update, i can't make calls from the sbh52, i can't read messages and it stops ringing when i have a call.The only things i can do is to answer and hang up the calls and listen radio.That's it.!
As i read all the pages of how i can downgrade the firmware, i see the steps for my sbh52 but except the zadig.exe which i downloaded i can't find the sony firmware tool and of course older versions.
Can anybody help me because this headset is the most perfect and suitable for me.
Thank you
(My knowledge about these stuff,as you can see, are very few...!!!)
The files are up again.

I will update my tool and instructions in a few months

Sep 3, 2021
This is a Method to update Firmware of Sony MW1 , Sony SBH52 and SBH54. I extract the firmware from the headset apk.
BIG UPDATE :cowboy:
Instructions for Sony MW1:
1. Download the Attachment "Sony MW1 Firmware Tool"
2. Reset your Device via Settings/Systeminfo/Reset
3. Power off your Sony MW1, press "back-button" and connect in the same moment your device to the usb port of your computer.
Now you should see this screen:
7bxr6m9zd5y81mai6.jpg

4. Now open the program "zadig.exe" in the Attachment and press Options/List all Devices.
4.1 Now you choose your device which is connected in DFU-Mode and which should be named "LANCE", Choose "WinUSB (v6.1.7600.16385)" and" press "Replace Driver"
zadig0iubpxqoy6.jpg

5. Now open "Firmware-TOOL.bat" Batch File, choose your Firmware and wait until the Flash Process finished.
if Flash Process was successful you get a green screen(If i didnt make something wrong error interpretation).
PS: Dont get scared if you get a red screen. This only means that you didnt follow all steps in this Instruction.
6. Remove USB-Cable and Press Power button.
7. Reset your Device again and have fun with your "stable" Firmware.

Instructions for Sony SBH52:
1. Download the Attachment "Sony SBH52 Firmware Tool"
2. Reset your Device via Settings/Reset
3. Power off your Sony SBH52, press "back-button" and connect in the same moment your device to the usb port of your computer.
image2016103xn0uyaqskd.jpg

4. Now open the program "zadig.exe" in the Attachment and press Options/List all Devices.
4.1 Now you choose your device which is connected in DFU-Mode and which should be named "SBH52", Choose "WinUSB (v6.1.7600.16385)" and" press "(Re)install Driver"
unbenanntuesfp3tix2.jpg

5. Now open "Firmware-TOOL.bat" Batch File, choose your Firmware and wait until the Flash Process finished.
if Flash Process was successful you get a green screen.
PS: Dont get scared if you get a red screen. This only means that you didnt follow all steps in this Instruction.

Instructions for Sony SBH54:
1. Download the Attachment "Sony SBH54 Firmware Tool"
2. Reset Your Device
3. Power off your device, then hold down call button and at the same time connect with the usb to pc [Thanks to pelopis]
4-7. Same like SBH52 Instructions

Warning: I take no responsibility for bricked devices or angry Sony staff.:cowboy:

Changelog
Latest Updates:
V.1.0 for Sony SBH 54 Firmware Tool
-added 7 different Firmware Files, which are extracted from the offical Sony App
-Option for Custom Firmware update
-Backup and Restore your Firmware

V.1.0 for Sony SBH 52 Firmware Tool
- added Sony SBH 52 Firmware Update and Downgrade Tool with 2 Firmwares: 2.3.A.0.9 and 2.4.A.0.2 [Tool Tested by myself and Tool is stable]

V.2.1 for Sony MW1 Firmware Tool
- added Option for Custom Firmware Update and Restore of backup Firmware on Sony MW1 tool with marked as BETA
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

V.2.0 for Sony MW1 Firmware Tool
- update zadig.exe
- new Batch File with MENU
- Included many other firmware updates for example: firmware 0.1.C.0.3, 0.1.E.1.4 and 0.1.E.1.6
- Add Backup feature which creates a backup of your current firmware (PS: you can send me your firmware files if they er not included in the batch File)
- Add Font.bin File to the Download files at the bottom (Font.bin fixes issues with special mp3 tags for example with Chinese or Japanese characters)
- minor bug fixes

V.1.1 for Sony MW1 Firmware Tool
- update zadig.exe
- update dfu-util.exe ( should fix error with multiple DFU devices)
V.1.0 for Sony MW1 Firmware Tool
-initial version

Troubleshooting:
If you followed all steps but dfutil cant find any dfu device then try another usb Port which is not Usb 3.0.

Please provide me older Firmware Files or older Sony MW1 and Sony SBH 52/54 Applications, for expanding the choice of Firmware.
Don´t forget to press Thanks and spread this Solution on other forums with referring on this Thread. :D
Hi, i Tried flashing both the firmwares i.e. upgrading and downgrading too, still the device is not working,
Please help!!

mikrokatevas

Sbh 52 problem with calling from handsfree....it doesnt call at all....when i installed sbh 52.apk a warning came up telling me that this apk is for older android version....i know that is the problem i dont know what can i do to fix it...all the other function wotk properly...i have just unlocked bootloader and installed crdroid....if anyone can help i will be gratefull....thanks in advance

phil_c22

Dec 29, 2021
This is a Method to update Firmware of Sony MW1 , Sony SBH52 and SBH54. I extract the firmware from the headset apk.
3. Power off your Sony MW1, press "back-button" and connect in the same moment your device to the usb port of your computer.
7bxr6m9zd5y81mai6.jpg

4.1 Now you choose your device which is connected in DFU-Mode and which should be named "LANCE", Choose "WinUSB (v6.1.7600.16385)" and" press "Replace Driver"
zadig0iubpxqoy6.jpg

if Flash Process was successful you get a green screen(If i didnt make something wrong error interpretation).

3. Power off your Sony SBH52, press "back-button" and connect in the same moment your device to the usb port of your computer.

4.1 Now you choose your device which is connected in DFU-Mode and which should be named "SBH52", Choose "WinUSB (v6.1.7600.16385)" and" press "(Re)install Driver"
unbenanntuesfp3tix2.jpg

2. Reset Your Device
3. Power off your device, then hold down call button and at the same time connect with the usb to pc [Thanks to pelopis]

Warning: I take no responsibility for bricked devices or angry Sony staff.:cowboy:

Changelog
Latest Updates:
-added 7 different Firmware Files, which are extracted from the offical Sony App

- added Sony SBH 52 Firmware Update and Downgrade Tool with 2 Firmwares: 2.3.A.0.9 and 2.4.A.0.2 [Tool Tested by myself and Tool is stable]

- added Option for Custom Firmware Update and Restore of backup Firmware on Sony MW1 tool with marked as BETA
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- update zadig.exe
- Included many other firmware updates for example: firmware 0.1.C.0.3, 0.1.E.1.4 and 0.1.E.1.6
- Add Backup feature which creates a backup of your current firmware (PS: you can send me your firmware files if they er not included in the batch File)
- Add Font.bin File to the Download files at the bottom (Font.bin fixes issues with special mp3 tags for example with Chinese or Japanese characters)
- minor bug fixes

- update zadig.exe
-initial version

Troubleshooting:
If you followed all steps but dfutil cant find any dfu device then try another usb Port which is not Usb 3.0.

Please provide me older Firmware Files or older Sony MW1 and Sony SBH 52/54 Applications, for expanding the choice of Firmware.
Don´t forget to press Thanks and spread this Solution on other forums with referring on this Thread. :D

I tried the above steps and now get this. I am unable to boot up the headset Please help!

Attachments

• MW1.jpg
    MW1.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 36

MNightR32

Feb 17, 2023
I've stopped using my MW1 for some years and found out the device won't turn on even after charging a couple of hours. Won't display anything so resetting was impossible too.
I somehow got it into DFU mode by long pressing the back button and it detected as LANCE and I downgraded the firmware by following all steps (by choosing Y when it asked if I reset the device or not) and it somehow worked with a green indicator. Yet nothing good and it won't start up.
Is it bricked or something? Because the device being detected in DFU mode was only the sign of life the device had.
I wonder if I can revive this precious classic somehow.

Been using your tool back then, experimenting different firmware versions, thanks for making this! 😄

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    7bxr6m9zd5y81mai6.jpg

zadig0iubpxqoy6.jpg

unbenanntuesfp3tix2.jpg

2. Reset Your Device

Changelog
    Latest Updates:

- update zadig.exe
    - minor bug fixes

- update zadig.exe
    -initial version

Troubleshooting:

Feedback

Any Feedback or Thanks if you downloaded and tested this method?? :eek:
    Update

Thank you so much, i did successfully return back to 1.3.A.0.9 firmware with the details you have given.

I create a Firmware Update/Downgrade Tool for Sony SBH54 with 7 different Firmware versions. Look on the first Page for Download :)
    Hello guys! How is your MW1 doing nowadays? I am about to buy two units for my brother and me, and would not want a fiasco.

Please, tell me, with this firmware version 0.1.D.0.6 the device is working perfectly? Do you recommend this headset?
    For me this is the most complete and feature packed Bluetooth headset today, I am about to buy it.

Are all its features working in Android 5.1.1?

Please help me! Thank you!

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

Hey, man! Thank you for this tutorial and update! Seems like this is the only one Would you tell me how is your MW1 doing? Is it working fine with Android 4 and 5?
    Have you got any other older firmware? Like C version 0.1.C.0.3? Is this version 0.1.D.0.6 is working fine with all the features?
    I would very much appreciate your comments on the device as I'm about to buy it!
    Thank you!

After getting these bulk, with no instructions, I finally got it to pair with my Nexus 6. After pairing it did not play over the headset, just out of the N6 speakers. After a power cycle it started working. The sound sucked the big one. It was like hearing it over an answering machine from the 80's. So after a google search on firmware, I saw this thread.:victory:

It only took 3 minutes to downgrade and it sounds GREAT!!!!!:good:

I am on windows 10 with a USB 3.0 and let the Zadig update to 2.1.2.677. All the other files were fine.

The install.bat file only took about a minute to finish.

Many Thanks and Happy Holidays!!!!

I made a big update and included other firmware updates which you can test. I couldn't test all of it because i don't have a Sony MW1 any more (I tried to change the battery and broke it :D) . It would be nice if you could test All firmware updates which I extract from the official Sony MW 1 Application and the new batch File Menu. I hope I don't get into trouble because of some angry Sony staff :D
    Dear Guru

Poll timeout 50 ms
    Poll timeout 0 ms
    Poll timeout 50 ms
    Poll timeout 0 ms
    Poll timeout 50 ms
    Poll timeout 0 ms
    Poll timeout 10 ms