- Root and/or Unlocked Bootloader
TRY IT OUT AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!
1. Download version you want (attached)
2. Replace the stock apk located at /system/app/ or at /system/priv-app/ (new firmwares) by downloaded one (do not ask me how to do that)
How to perform changes:
1. Run commands below in an adb shell terminal (copy, paste and hit enter):
Icon Size (change ** to a positive number, like 48)
settings put system xx_xperia_home_CUSTOM_ICON_SIZE **
settings put system xx_xperia_home_CUSTOM_TEXT_SIZE **
- Setting up 0 as value will reset to stock value!
Search/Suggestion Panel + Down Swipe Gesture (Desktop and App Drawer) (change ** to 0 to disable or 1 to enable)
settings put system xx_xperia_home_SUGGESTION_PANEL_ENABLED **
settings put system xx_xperia_home_DESKTOP_AUTO_HIDE_PAGE_INDICATORS **
settings put system xx_xperia_home_APP_DRAWER_AUTO_HIDE_PAGE_INDICATORS **
How to apply changes:
1. While at your home screen, run command below in an adb shell terminal (copy, paste and hit enter):
am broadcast -a xx_xperia_home_RECRIATE-ME
- Did you edit any xml files? No, smali files only!
- Do I need this? No!
- Does this need root? I think so!
- What can I do if something goes wrong? Restore your backup!
- Will you add more features? No, but I will try to always keep this mod up to date, with latest Xperia Home version (releasing asap)
When the Xposed Framework for Android N + is released (maybe it will be released someday), I will stop development here and close this thread!