Thanks Meter: 10,419

Post Reply Email Thread
7th February 2016, 07:52 PM |#21  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 126

Donate to Me
More
Question DM-Verity
As I know, root on Z4-Z5 line is nearly impossible in cause of DM-Verity. But what if we can hack this key? In root directory there is one encrypted key with name verity_key - I hope we can do something with that. My idea is to try to by pass this key somehow, disable it, maybe just personally (need to decrypt this key for each device etc). Right now there are a lots of new exploits to root phone. Also as far as I know Galaxy S6 contains DM-Verity too, but it was rooted. So again - any chances? Maybe some theories? I can be volunteer, I own Xperia Z3+ Single Sim.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-02-07-20-42-23.png
Views:	286
Size:	139.2 KB
ID:	3637782   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-02-07-20-43-41.png
Views:	286
Size:	252.6 KB
ID:	3637783  

8th February 2016, 10:26 PM |#22  
@MotexT

I suggest you read the dm-verity documentation on googles android sdk pages...

It's a nice long read, and unfortunately you will draw the same conclusion I did: that will never work. It's the nature of how dm-verity was designed.
The Following User Says Thank You to [NUT] For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift [NUT] Ad-Free
9th February 2016, 07:01 AM |#23  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 126

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [NUT]

@MotexT

I suggest you read the dm-verity documentation on googles android sdk pages...

It's a nice long read, and unfortunately you will draw the same conclusion I did: that will never work. It's the nature of how dm-verity was designed.

Yes, I did. But I still trying to find ideas, solutions - I can't realize them due to limitation of knowledge: I don't know even single programming language. I know how it works, I know the logic, but to to something - I can't. Maybe you, guys, can manage something to do. And never say never - long time before even root was "impossible" - it's XDA here, place of opportunities 😁
9th February 2016, 07:18 AM |#24  
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotexT

Yes, I did. But I still trying to find ideas, solutions - I can't realize them due to limitation of knowledge: I don't know even single programming language. I know how it works, I know the logic, but to to something - I can't. Maybe you, guys, can manage something to do. And never say never - long time before even root was "impossible" - it's XDA here, place of opportunities 😁

That's true

I'm not holding my breath on that though...
23rd April 2016, 07:36 PM |#25  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 57

More
@[NUT] brilliant post mate, it sums up so many things I didn't have straight in my mind which I'd read about in various places. Having it all in the one post helps immensely.

However I have a question about the section on the Sony flash tool and Emma.
The file get from that page you linked installs a program called Emma but you say it isn't Emma, how do you know that?

I'm sure I read a Sony post saying that using that tool you could flash, assuming your model was supported and unlocked, a standard recovery setup. At the time I read about it it wasn't available for my phone but was expected soon, then I lost interest and didn't follow up on it. Currently I'm trying to catch up on things though but haven't found confirmation on this.
25th April 2016, 09:52 AM |#26  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cluey

@[NUT] brilliant post mate, it sums up so many things I didn't have straight in my mind which I'd read about in various places. Having it all in the one post helps immensely.

However I have a question about the section on the Sony flash tool and Emma.
The file get from that page you linked installs a program called Emma but you say it isn't Emma, how do you know that?

Hmm, it seems they have done something about the confusing name... heh. Consider this Emma not to be the Emma I spoke about... there (was) a definitive difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cluey

I'm sure I read a Sony post saying that using that tool you could flash, assuming your model was supported and unlocked, a standard recovery setup. At the time I read about it it wasn't available for my phone but was expected soon, then I lost interest and didn't follow up on it. Currently I'm trying to catch up on things though but haven't found confirmation on this.

Well, that's a yes and a no. They made it possible for unlocked bootloader devices to use a recovery again without releasing a recovery package of their own... eh... I have to be a tad careful with this: I don't know if that might have changed in the mean time.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
guide, noob, recovery, root, sony
Previous Thread Next Thread