FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[PATCHED] Magisk v12 for Sony devices

417 posts
Thanks Meter: 307

By [email protected], Senior Member on 31st March 2017, 10:32 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
EDIT: Magisk V13 is fully compatible with Sony stock roms. Please refer to the official release! https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...mless-t3473445

Let me explain before you complain about: "Magsik v12 is already Sony compatible!"
Yes, the installer is - but it only works on devices with disabled Sony RIC service.

TL;DR: Download in attachments.

Do you need this?
If you are using Sonys stock unpatched boot image or drm-fix without RIC disabler you should use this version of magisk, since it includes a RIC disabler.

Recommended workaround without altered Magisk:
1. Patch your boot image with rootkernel tool (disable sony ric at least): https://forum.xda-developers.com/xpe...el-dm-t3301605
2. Use orignal magisk with the patched boot image: https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...mless-t3473445

Original thread:
How and why
I was stuck with debugging an issue regarding MagiskSU for hours. The Magisk installation was fine, but somehow MagiskSU was not there which made Magisk useless for me (=> no MagiskHide, no modules, no hosts support, etc). I finally realized that Sonys RIC service prevents the magic_mask.sh script (the script that enables Magisk and its features during boot) from symlinking the su binary and magiskpolicy in /sbin

But it works for me without your patch!?
Did you use rootkerneltool from @tobias.waldvogel with your current kernel? It is capable of disabling Sony RIC aswell and maybe you did that or are using a kernel without Sony RIC.

The fix (for developers) @topjohnwu
magic_mask.sh, add this in late_start service mode:
Code:
    #Try to disable Sony RIC
    echo 0 > /sys/kernel/security/sony_ric/enable
    if [ $? -eq 0 ]; then
      log_print "* Sony RIC service disabled";
    else
      log_print "* Sony RIC service NOT disabled :("
    fi
Proof that it works and passes SafetyNet (Z5 compact with Android 7)

Original thread
https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...mless-t3473445
Attached Files
File Type: zip Magisk-v12.0-sonyfix.zip - [Click for QR Code] (6.15 MB, 8588 views)
The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift [email protected] Ad-Free

1st April 2017, 03:30 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Flashing on z3+ and working flawlesly
If using kernel that use ta_poc got bootloop, but if use kernel with drmfix its work
The Following User Says Thank You to Fauzi alaik For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Fauzi alaik Ad-Free
1st April 2017, 08:53 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bavaria

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauzi alaik

Flashing on z3+ and working flawlesly
If using kernel that use ta_poc got bootloop, but if use kernel with drmfix its work

Just tried latest ta_poc (yesterdays release) and it works for me. But since latest ta_poc also supports disabling Sony RIC, you dont need this patched magisk version if you've disable it with ta_poc (or rootkerneltool).
3rd April 2017, 08:47 PM |#4  
Flag Trier
Thanks Meter: 284

Donate to Me
More
@[email protected],
reicht es nicht aus, ein custom kernel zu flashen bei dem die sony_ric schon deaktiviert wurde?
Gestern habe ich die original magisk v12 geflasht und es hat funktioniert.

Also ich habe auf meinem z5 den androplus kernel, chainfires supersu, die letzte marshmallow rom und es funktioniert.

Oder hab ich irgendwas falsch verstanden?
3rd April 2017, 09:26 PM |#5  
Recognized Developer
Flag ::1
Thanks Meter: 5,639

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticEnforcer

@[email protected],
reicht es nicht aus, ein custom kernel zu flashen bei dem die sony_ric schon deaktiviert wurde?
Gestern habe ich die original magisk v12 geflasht und es hat funktioniert.

Also ich habe auf meinem z5 den androplus kernel, chainfires supersu, die letzte marshmallow rom und es funktioniert.

Oder hab ich irgendwas falsch verstanden?

Nope, all well,

take a look at OP's edit:

Quote:

EDIT: Only required if you didn't patch your boot image with ta_poc or rootkerneltool and disabled Sony RIC with it, if you already patches Sony RIC with these tools, go to this thread instead:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zacharias.maladroit For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th April 2017, 07:23 AM |#6  
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 119

More
i... appear to have bricked my z3 my flashing this. i'm sure i must've missed something crucial.
4th April 2017, 08:00 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bavaria

Donate to Me
More
Check magisk.log in /cache using recovery
Which android version did you use? Modified boot image? Other mods?
4th April 2017, 09:22 AM |#8  
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 180

More
I keep getting the CTS profile mismatch on the Z5 Compact, even with a freshly installed ROM. Any tips?
4th April 2017, 11:59 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bavaria

Donate to Me
More
Enable magisk hide, it works on my z5c
4th April 2017, 04:11 PM |#10  
Flag vitoria-gasteiz (basque Country)
Thanks Meter: 1,035

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]

That works for me. Thanks

Enviado desde mi D6603 mediante Tapatalk
5th April 2017, 05:43 AM |#11  
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 180

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]

Already enabled. Even tried toggling and restarting, still fails the safetynet. Also checked the thread for solutions, tried them all and still fails... What firmware are you on?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread