First of all this tool fully replaces DRM fix! So do not use our tool with DRM fix!!! I'm going to explain what is this, how it working. Everybody know what drm fix doing and everybody know whats happening when bootloader is unlocked. Ok. This PoC is designed for unlocked devices and makes things identic to having bootloader never unlocked! Which mean this is for peoples who have backup of the trim area BEFORE unlocking bootloader! This PoC mounts your trim area backup (TA.img) to the kernel loop5 device which makes your trim area like real trim area partition (in our case it mounts your backup TA.img and uses it instead of unlocked trim area partition) so everything after android boot up is like having locked bootloader which mean all drm keys, widevine keys and etc is fully functional! And most better thing, we can use PoC with AOSP, CM or whatever for having trim area fully functional!!!
Do in mind this is for stock roms only! Only nougat and marchmallow by now, some of before marchmalow too.
Supported kernel images:
- SIN (kernel.sin)
- ELF (kernel.elf)
- IMG (boot.img)
So you no need to extract elf from kernel since our tool extract any sony format, sin,img,elf autodetection.
- I must give big creadits to @steom since he tested things very deeply on his xperia x compact, he tested things more than 7 days, he tested it very frequently and I must say... big respect to him! Thanks man!
- Also respect to @tobias.waldvogel ! His mkinitfs source code (idea about @perm appended to file names) helped me a lot making our tool for windows. His scripts helped me a lot figuring out all things! Thanks man! Original forum thread for tobias.waldvogel great work
- Uhh sorry, forgot to give credit to @osm0sis for great extended version of the boot image tools https://github.com/osm0sis/mkbootimg
- @serajr mate sorry, forgot your great scripts!
- @the_laser for figuring out that poc is working by directly using TA.img, no need to mount to loop, thanks man!