This is just a translation of the Windows Binaries to run on Linux.
So if you need some specific help, this is a better place
So, I will quote the original thread.
Backup TA for Sony Xperia
Backup TA can backup and restore the TA partition of the device. When you create a backup before unlocking for the first time, then you will be able to restore to full factory state (including a locked bootloader). This means all DRM keys intact, Bravia Engine working in Album and last but not least your warranty when needed
NOTE: When you did create a backup of your device's TA with another tool or Backup TA v4 or earlier, you are able to convert it to a valid Backup TA package by choosing 'Convert TA.img' from the menu. When you've done this you are able to restore it safely.
The list is in the original Thread, but is outdated, give it a try.
1. Download the latest version of Backup TA.
2. Extract the ZIP file to a folder location of your choosing.
3. Navigate to the folder location of Backup TA.
4. Make sure no other script or application which is using ADB is running.
5. Make sure the device is booted in normal mode (the way you normally use it).
6. Run Backup-TA.sh
7. Read the last paragraph of the license before continuing.
8. Read the information and follow the instructions given by the tool.
FAQ's and Others
Go to the original thread
@DevShaft (for creating the tool)
@luminoso (for support and testing)
to the other Dev's that contributed to the original tool.