A Japanese developer, @cubeundcube made it possible to root some Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware directly (not 5.1 and 64bit devices, sadly...).
With new rootkitXperia, you don't need to roll back to KitKat when you lose root on locked bootloader!
Download (only for M4 Aqua Dual E2363 *)
Download (for M4 Aqua E2303 **)
17.1.1.B.3.240 or .245 *Japanese model
23.0.B.1.38 *Japanese model
23.0.B.1.59 *Japanese model
23.0.C.0.350 *Japanese model
23.0.H.0.334 *Japanese model
14.3.B.0.310 *Japanese model
M4 Aqua Dual E2363 *
M4 Aqua E2303 **
* You can see some 5.1 firmwares in "support.txt", but "封鎖" means "blocked/patched", so they are not supported.
How to use rootkitXperia
1. Install adb driver for your device
2. Go to Settings > Developer options and tick USB debugging
3. Go to Settings > Security and tick Unknown sources
4. Connect your phone to your computer
5. Extract rootkitXperia_20150926.zip and run install.bat
6. When you see "— all finished —" in console, rooting is done.
NOTE: rootkitXperia won't install recovery or kill ric,
so you have to install XZDualRecovery.
Donate link for cubeundcube is here.
If you want to thank him, his first post for dev threads is here;)