FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Do you want Dolby Atmos?

No wanna stay on Xperia libs

23 Vote(s)
63.89%
Yeah gimme that ****

13 Vote(s)
36.11%

[Soundmod] Xperia Z2/Z3 Premium Stereo Xperia Sound | All Working no Placebo

755 posts
Thanks Meter: 232

By pxrave, Senior Member on 9th October 2016, 01:06 PM
Post Reply Email Thread

Hey folks,
i saw many mods here and i tested a lot, but most of these are false modded or overloaded with lots of non working placebo stuff.

so i decided to make my own mod. Feel the real true sound.
no non working features...

as you requested i will stay on xperia software
online newer sony or moddified sony files will be included

if you like my work you can use it but give me some credits or a beer

Features:
- louder handset (i guarantee no crackling)
- louder headphones
- deep rich bass
- stereo ringtones and call
- some more

Changelog:
V2.2 Final
- calibrate gains to more linear sound
- latest xperia xz files
- all headset types now on the same volume
- other i cant remember

v1
- its not to lound only bit lounder than stock
- micophone sensitivity a bit higher
- warning volume is a bit higher

V2.1
- higher rx gains
- calibrated other lines thanks to @PDesire
- fm radio rendered at 24 bit instead of 16 bit
- dont disable dsp on speaker
- Xperia XZ sound processing

Bugs:
none, you tell me

How to install?
as usual flash zip in twrp no wipes are required

thanks to
@niaboc79 for his perfekt rom
Sony for this good device
@PDesire for some help

Download latest Version
if you need a mirror feel free to create one
The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to pxrave For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pxrave Ad-Free

9th October 2016, 01:31 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Up for this..
9th October 2016, 08:24 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 70

More
i give try thanks so far report later
9th October 2016, 08:34 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 63

More
I tried this mod and it sound like all is one step louder. If you can gain it to one more step it would be nice.
The Following User Says Thank You to cccs1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cccs1 Ad-Free
9th October 2016, 11:55 PM |#5  
Thanks for your try maybe I will test some other fine tuning and will release a new version soon
10th October 2016, 05:22 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 63

More
If you can equalize the fm radio would be nice. ++ treble and ++base
10th October 2016, 07:28 AM |#7  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 325

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pxrave

Hey folks, i saw many mods here and i tested a lot, but most of these are false modded or overmodded, for exaple dontbelive are always to lound have lots of non working placebo stuff.

i decided to make my own mod its close to stock sony sound so you feel the real hd-hifi with premium headphones, no exclusive non working features...

because our hardware dac is limited, we can mod software but we cant break hardware limits...

so here we go

Log v1:
- its not to lound only bit lounder than stock
- micophone sensitivity a bit higher
- warning volume is a bit higher
thanks to
niabolc for his perfekt rom
sony for this good device

Download

if you need a mirror feel free to create one

Hi but do you know that people break hardware limits everyday ?
It's called overclocking/overvolting/underclocking/undervolting

You are literally pushing more voltage to your CPU than your manufacturer's limit and yet your device manages just fine

So....
Hardware limits can be broken

Also, I don't want louder sound, I've tried all audio mods on XDA and yes, only a noob will actually produce a "louder" result. In my tests with mods like A.R.I.S.E. and xtrememusic, I didn't see anything actually get out of hand, you need to Karen on how to handle stuff

Also, loudness and quality are 2 totally different things.

To add, your setup may sound good with one set of earphones but bad with another because all audio devices are made differently

Improve your English m8
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anupritaisno1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift anupritaisno1 Ad-Free
10th October 2016, 07:36 AM |#8  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz
Thanks Meter: 4,600

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pxrave

Hey folks, i saw many mods here and i tested a lot, but most of these are false modded or overmodded, for exaple dontbelive are always to lound have lots of non working placebo stuff.

i decided to make my own mod its close to stock sony sound so you feel the real hd-hifi with premium headphones, no exclusive non working features...

Hmm making mods of others bad to make own mod more good is childish, just sayin!

And it isn't true: The most of Dontbelive's things works at all
It's easy to proof because when u use Stock TFA files with Dontbelive's mod u get Strange Sounds. So there must be something working
Good I have to say he also have very less useless files in it like the msm_irqbalance file which is for big.LITTLE CPUs
But most of it works and I think the file is just included as indicator for thieves

Hmm about the hardware limits: You guys know how many manufacturers limits their devices for stupid reasons
Soundmods are 1 of the ways to get more out of your hardware, and that does do anyone on a special way
U did it on a easy way and I do it on another way

So and a tip for V2, try to make the RX gain higher and not the HPHL and HPHR gain, because it causes bad noise on sound playback which some people can hear

Your PDesire
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PDesire For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PDesire Ad-Free
10th October 2016, 10:34 AM |#9  
Flag Treasure Island
Thanks Meter: 2,059

More
Nicely said @PDesire..... @dontbelive sound is great also & most users loved it like me!
let see how v2 will be... till den im waiting!
The Following User Says Thank You to whalesplaho For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift whalesplaho Ad-Free
10th October 2016, 02:53 PM |#10  
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDesire

Hmm making mods of others bad to make own mod more good is childish, just sayin!

And it isn't true: The most of Dontbelive's things works at all
It's easy to proof because when u use Stock TFA files with Dontbelive's mod u get Strange Sounds. So there must be something working
Good I have to say he also have very less useless files in it like the msm_irqbalance file which is for big.LITTLE CPUs
But most of it works and I think the file is just included as indicator for thieves

Hmm about the hardware limits: You guys know how many manufacturers limits their devices for stupid reasons
Soundmods are 1 of the ways to get more out of your hardware, and that does do anyone on a special way
U did it on a easy way and I do it on another way

So and a tip for V2, try to make the RX gain higher and not the HPHL and HPHR gain, because it causes bad noise on sound playback which some people can hear

Your PDesire

ok thanks for the tip i will try it in new release. you try'd so much mods for our phone very impresing.

to hardware limit's i know all manufactors setup some break points mostly due software.
here in xda are many devs who kill these software limits and port software from newer devices for older ones

but no one can breaks hardware limits. you need direct computing for example hareware recources are limited on 192khz you cant force to 384 khz or even 32 bit...

most parts of our dac are limited to 96 khz and 24 bits you can expand to 192 khz only due external software like you use.

@anupritaisno1
i hope now its a bit clearer what i mean...
btw you can oc your cpu, gpu, ram whatever but you cant break the hardware limit for example clock your cpu to 10 ghz... not posible and you know why...
10th October 2016, 03:55 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Maud nothing to regret, except for the stereo does not have anything here in the headphones sound as quiet, the dynamics are the same sonorous
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread