What is a pre-rooted firmware
A pre-rooted firmware is a firmware, which already includes root. This is for example important if you want to update the firmware to a version, where there is no public root exploit. To flash a pre-rooted firmware, you need a recovery menu. An unlocked bootloader is not required.
How does the tool work
The tool should be self-explanatory. SuperSU zip can be downloaded from here. [NUT]'s dualrecovery (*.flashable.zip) can be downloaded from here. Recovery is optional and if your device is not supported by dualrecovery, you can use any recovery (just has to be a flashable zip).
Depending on the firmware size and your computer speed, generating a pre-rooted firmware can take up to 7 minutes. The pre-rooted firmware will be created in the directory of the executable and called flashable-prerooted.zip.
The order for the extra files is
- Extra flashable
- In the order you added it initially in the GUI
TWRP is recommended for flashing!
Note: If you do not include the kernel in the pre-rooted firmware, it's recommended to flash it afterwards with flashtool (check "system" under Exclude).
Note2: I am not responsible for any damage done to your device or if you end in a bootloop.
Androxyde - some helpful information about sin files from his flashtool
[NUT] - used his flashable scripts as base
E:V:A - sgdisk utility compiled for arm
dotnetzip developers (note I'm using a slightly modifed version with a bugfix)
Microsoft .NET 4.0
- Fix a signing bug when PRFCreator was in a folder which included a space (thanks Calystos)
- Allow multi select for Extra Zip / APK
- Update sinflash to v0.42 (fix sha256 bug (thanks RoberM) and large zip file handling (thanks Fragmentation))
- Fix a signing bug (thanks RyTekk)
- Fix bug when flashing multiple apps
- Update lz4 lib and 7zip binaries (thanks tetsuo55) and dotnetzip library
- Update sinflash binary to v0.4 (supports now also non-msm devices, thanks eoinkennedy for report)
- Allow users to add APKs
- Improved sinflash to allow compression
- Fix smaller bugs and improve speed
- New method using sinflash (sin files are flashed on the phone directly instead of extracting on the computer)
- New busybox
- Compatible with mono
- New settings file to change temp folder and choose another destination for the pre rooted firmware
- Work towards new sin format introduced with Z3+
- Add the ability to include additional flashable zip files
- Display information when clicking on version number
- Add zip signing option
- Small fixes in code
- v0.6 - Nuked (wrong binary uploaded)
- Prefer to use gpt uuid instead of partition names
- Add different modem sin names
- Clean code
- Fixed bug with missing dualrecovery
- Added check if SuperSU and recovery are flashable
- Added ability to flash modem
- Support for sin v2
- Make dualrecovery zip optional
- Fix exception if file does not exist in sin
- Initial release