Source can be found on https://github.com/EnJens/backupTA.
Must be built within AOSP (e.g. checkout to external/backupTA)
- More devices supported. The dreaded "Permission denied" should be long gone
- Stability improved
- TA dump is now verified before pulling
- An error message is correctly shown when the process fails.
Phone running a dirtycow capable OS (E.g. recent N builds won't work).
If you have already upgraded, downgrading (temporarily) should be possible.
It should work on all recent xperia phones, but there might be exceptions.
It works on Linux, Windows and Mac (OS X)
- Ensure you have adb access (e.g. drivers installed, enabled etc)
- Run backupTA.sh (linux) or backupTA.cmd (windows) in the root directory.
- TA will be saved as TA-ModelNumber-Serial-Timestamp.img in
the backupTA.sh directory.
- On failure, the TA file should be missing, but please check that the file is 2.097.152 bytes
- Bumble-Bee (Testing)
- Myself5 (Testing and some scripts)
- oshmoun (Testing)
- Androxyde (Testing)
- munjeni (checkta source)
- Xperia Z1
- Xperia ZL
- Xperia Z2
- Xperia Z3
- Xperia Z5
- Xperia Z5 Compact
- Xperia E5
- Xperia M5
- Xperia M4 Aqua
- Xperia C5
- Xperia X
- Xperia XA
- Xperia XA Ultra
- Xperia X Performance
- Xperia X Compact
- Xperia XZ
Universal (Dirtycow-based) TA Backup, Tool/Utility for the OEM Cross Device Development
Source Code: https://github.com/EnJens/backupTA
Last Updated 2017-02-19