[Q] Xperia Companion firmware location?

Search This thread
Sep 6, 2013
There's a difference between old PC Companion firmware download location and the NEW Xperia Companion firmware download location.

I literally searched everywhere and was not able to find it anywhere.
I know the old PC companion location is

C:\ProgramData\Sony Mobile\Update Engine\db

And then it moved to
C:\ProgramData\Sony Mobile\Update Engine\localstorage

And now since the software changed its name to Xperia Companion, I wasn't able to find any related location.
I know for a fact that the folders are now under the name Sony instead of Sony Mobile, since the install location was

C:\Program Files\Sony\Xperia Companion

And the old Sony PC Companion's install location was
C:\Program Files\Sony Mobile\

Any clue on the new firmwares location?

Sep 6, 2013
I was able to find it under the location
C:\Users\"USERNAME"\AppData\Local\Temp\xperiacompanion\deltaupdates
But it's weird, instead of it consisting of 4 files "then using flashtool to create an FTF", it's under one file with an extention of ".pkg"
Any idea on this?

lebigmac

Account currently disabled
Jan 31, 2017
Hi. I have the exact same problem as the user above. I downloaded the latest Nougat update through Xperia Companion and it's a .pkg file.
Can I just directly flash this using Flashtool? Is it the equivalent of a .FTF firmware file?
I tried to decrypt it using Flashtool but it didn't recognize the file type.
Whenever I try to install it using Xperia Companion I get this error:
Code:
an error occured while updating your device.
Error code: kResultCode_DeltaUpdateResultDidReturnFail

eldamobo

Aug 27, 2012
For me, I think I found the firmware in:
C:\ProgramData\Sony Mobile\Update Engine\localstorage\US

There was a large 2gb file in there created when I ran the firmware restore for an Xperia.
I pointed the Flashtool at the directory, and it was able to decrypt the files and proceeded to create a bundle.

I'm not sure if the bundle is usable, but flashtool has stored it away as an ftf

Checked all posted here places and no files corresponding to Android P Beta.
Wanted to see what kind of files it's build off.
Maybe it's possible to create .ftf (in the future) for Flashtool or unpack it for NewFlasher?
Any idea where else it may be stored?

Nothing in:
- C:\ProgramData\Sony Mobile
- C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Temp\xperiacompanion
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony Mobile
- C:\Program Files\Sony

simeoni

Mar 27, 2014
The AppData\Local\Temp\xperiacompanion\deltaupdates has as the name suggests only a delta update for the current firmware.

When you do a software repair, full firmware (and always the latest published) is downloaded to C:\ProgramData\Sony Mobile\Update Engine\localstorage\US where you can find the FILE_* files which can be used for creating FTF.

bigrammy

Apr 8, 2011
huddersfield
I Agree I just had a look on my Windows partitions and they are stored at C:/ProgramData/Sony Mobile/Update Engine/localstorage/"A_FOLDER_Numbers_OR_Name"
I have to say it's been like 2 years since I last run the Xperia Companion firmware so things may of changed in that time

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For me, I think I found the firmware in:
    C:\ProgramData\Sony Mobile\Update Engine\localstorage\US

There was a large 2gb file in there created when I ran the firmware restore for an Xperia.
    I pointed the Flashtool at the directory, and it was able to decrypt the files and proceeded to create a bundle.

I'm not sure if the bundle is usable, but flashtool has stored it away as an ftf