FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD][Z3+/Z5/XZ/XZ1/XZ2/XZ3][11.03.2019] Custom thermal mod (FSC)

696 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,380

Post Reply Email Thread

Custom Thermal Mod for Sony flagships (FSC)
New! The module is now available to download directly from magisk repo

Quote:

** Your warranty is now not void.
** I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear
** war, You take the full responsibility of your actions

Main advantages
Code:
- Improved overall performance
- Prevent aggressive early  thermal throttling
- Maintain a consistent performance for extended periods of time
- Prolonged camera usage & video recording 
- Suitable for daily usage & gaming
Compatibility
Android Version(s)
- Android 5.0+
- Any ROM

Device(s)
This Mod is intended for the devices listed below. (All variants are supported : single & dual SIM , Gobal & Japnese models)
Code:
Snapdragon 845
- Xperia XZ3
- Xperia XZ2 - XZ2 Compact
- Xperia XZ2 Premium

Snapdragon 835
- Xperia XZ1 - XZ1 Compact
- Xperia XZ Premium

Snapdragon 820
- Xperia XZ
- Xperia XZs
- Xperia X Performance

Snapdragon 810 (v2)
- Xperia Z5 - Z5 Compact - Z5 Premium

Snapdragon 810
- Xperia Z4 - Z3+
Requirements
- This module uses Unity template that needs Magisk otherwise a system installation is performed

Changelog
Code:
v1.1 (08.03.2019)
- Minor installation bug fixes

v1.0 (31.01.2019)
- First release
old threads
Z5 family thread
Z4/Z3+ thread
XZ Thread

Github
https://github.com/Magisk-Modules-Repo/fsc_thermal
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to korom42 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift korom42 Ad-Free
16th September 2017, 10:40 AM |#2  
Flag Konya
Thanks Meter: 1,321

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by korom42

Faster Smarter Cooler (FSC) .. A well balanced Snapdragon 810

Code:
** Your warranty is now not void.
** I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear
** war, You take the full responsibility of your actions
I am sharing my thermal fix mod for the Z3+ and Z5 if you are interested follow the links below
Z5 thread
Z3+ thread

Can you make this mod for Xperia™ XZ / Soc 820? If you need some file I can give them you...
16th September 2017, 12:15 PM |#3  
Flag Ljubljana
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazellat

Can you make this mod for Xperia™ XZ / Soc 820? If you need some file I can give them you...

hey buddy i think u dont need a thermal mod on xz because i noticed that with latest frimware.65 the thermal problem is gone the phone works all the time no mather what u do.i had unlocked bootloader before and rooted and so on...i was constantly looking for a mod that can stabilize my XZ and havent found any so after a while i decided to make it stock again cuz i heard from someone that latest firmware is really good one and also phone is really smooth in everything.... i had z5 with abnormal thermal problems and i sold it cuz it had the worst SOC in history (sd810) LOL...when i was at Sony i told them for this overheating and the guy just told me its just heating not overheating and the he told me if Sony made phone like that we cant help u anything here at waranty OMG i was so pissed like no one.but for a normal user z5 is a beast but not for me hehe.hope u manage to solve somehow cuz i know what a pain in the ass can be.
16th September 2017, 03:47 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Algeirs
Thanks Meter: 1,380

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazellat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocagenda2

hey buddy i think u dont need a thermal mod on xz because i noticed that with latest frimware.65 the thermal problem is gone the phone works all the time no mather what u do.i had unlocked bootloader before and rooted and so on...i was constantly looking for a mod that can stabilize my XZ and havent found any so after a while i decided to make it stock again cuz i heard from someone that latest firmware is really good one and also phone is really smooth in everything.... i had z5 with abnormal thermal problems and i sold it cuz it had the worst SOC in history (sd810) LOL...when i was at Sony i told them for this overheating and the guy just told me its just heating not overheating and the he told me if Sony made phone like that we cant help u anything here at waranty OMG i was so pissed like no one.but for a normal user z5 is a beast but not for me hehe.hope u manage to solve somehow cuz i know what a pain in the ass can be.

@Mazellat Like said I think the XZ doesn't have overheating issues at least not as bad like in the Z3+/Z5 but yes If you interested in further optimizations send me your thermal-engine.conf file found in \system\etc for the stock firmware
And I'll try to port this mod for your device by following same method, I'll also need some other informations because I don't have access to the device so I'll PM you once you send me the file .
16th September 2017, 04:59 PM |#5  
Flag Meppel
Thanks Meter: 23,261

Donate to Me
More
[Z3+/Z4/Z5][FIX] FSC thermal engine | Improve performance & Eliminate heat
@korom42
Here you go the file of Xperia XZ please give it a shot
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzW...w?usp=drivesdk
Send to me and my rxs bro @Mazellat ^^
22nd September 2017, 06:50 PM |#6  
Flag Faisalabad
Thanks Meter: 48

More
My Z3+ dual used to burn and after flashing your mod it's seems to finally work in peace. Great thing is the performance has not much effected.
Thanks for your hard work.
9th March 2019, 04:57 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 141

More
Z5 premium doesnt support
Hiç Man i use Z5 premium with m rom v.3.2.9 but yor modification dont install with magisk 17.1.

Logs:
Attached Files
File Type: log magisk_install_log_20190309_195146.log - [Click for QR Code] (1.2 KB, 38 views)
11th March 2019, 01:57 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Can use with other device with same soc ?
11th March 2019, 09:14 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Can i use this alongside lkt module?
The Following User Says Thank You to ciqbalz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ciqbalz Ad-Free
12th March 2019, 06:22 PM |#10  
Flag Meppel
Thanks Meter: 23,261

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciqbalz

Can i use this alongside lkt module?

Yes
The Following User Says Thank You to Pandemic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pandemic Ad-Free
14th March 2019, 07:03 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
i installed your module on z3+ omg i was really pissed on how hot my z3+ gets its seriously stupid that sony when it came out few years back they allowed to launch it .. but i have been trying ur mod it has helped thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cpu, heat, snapdragon 810, sony xperia, throttle
Previous Thread Next Thread