FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Android 9 system-as-root ROM Build???

18 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By ShadeTreeBiker, Junior Member on 14th December 2019, 04:25 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Okay, my situation is this...

Got stuck in fastboot only bootloop after I installerd Magisk and MM then uninstalled a few bloatware items. After a bit og attempting to reboot to the system and recovery I decided to reflash it all, (I'd already taken .img's of all the partitions except the userdata, due to the size.) I reformatted the cache, and cleared the dalvik, then fastboot erase system, then fastboot flash system, then try to reboot to system. Did this for each of the partitions, system, recovery, but when I got to the boot partition I did fastboot erase boot, and while I was typing in the "fastboot flash boot.img the Gawsh D*&n phone shut off!!! BATTERY DIED!

I didn't know that when in bootloader the battery doesn't charge!

SO, I figured out a way to jury rig a charge for the battery, and now the phone will only boot to the ZTE logo for a few seconds, (I assume it's lookung for the bootloader,) then shuts down and reboots!

Here's what it is and what I have:
ZTE Quest 5 Z3351S (MT6739) on Android 9
(Yes a govt phone...smh,)
ALL the partition .img files (except the userdata) both on a fresh factory stock and after Magisk rooting, an adb backup, and a Titanium backup. The stock .img files were dd'd from a temp root shell and the after rooting .img's from a MM Module.

I KNOW this isn't an A/B device, though I have seen the options in the either the init or the default.prop files. A quick check using an app verified that it was treble enabled, and that app said it was NOT a system-as-root...BUT

From the extracted .img's I found that the boot.img ramdisk is empty and the recovery.img ramdisk was full...the Magisk patch had to go to the recovery.

I need some tips on where to go from here to get a ROM built from these stock .img files and figure out a way to get a scatter built from THAT (I've read about the WwR_MTK tool doing this, not sure how that works yet.)

HELPPPP!!! My wife is about to kill me, I've only had this a short time and I ASS-U-MEd I had enough to curb against bricking this thing...ANYONE have any ideas about creating the necessary items???

THANKS a lot for saving a homie from the Wrath Of Wife!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)