FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Looking for help on porting .. I think? crDroid specific (Wallpaper won't set)

85 posts
Thanks Meter: 12

By ProoN, Member on 20th November 2019, 03:22 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I've been using crDroid for a few years now -- it's my preferred ROM.

Someone recently ported it to work on the Pixel 2 XL, which is honestly the only reason I bought the phone. Well that and its bootloader was easily unlockable and is CDMA capable (Verizon.. sigh.)

However, regardless of how one goes about doing it, the wallpaper won't change. It's a bug within the ROM and I'm wondering how I might be able to fix it myself without having to wait for the original poster to release an update -- I've got a lot of free time and this kind of stuff genuinely interests me.

I've got (albeit basic) experience with python, perl, batch and shell scripting, pretty limited knowledge with C++ but am familiar with system architectures and such though have no knowledge of using java or porting apps, that kind of thing. I'm thinking this issue is just a problem with how the wallpaper's linked when selected.. or just a simple permission issue.

I've gone through the process of extracting the payload.bin and the image files within, looked through a few files and their contents (specifically for *wall*) but don't see anything promising. Anyone have any ideas who might be able to help a newbie with this stuff? I see a lot of posts on how to extract apk contents and recompile, that sort of thing. But I'm .. honestly not sure what I'm looking for, or whether it's an app-specific issue or a system issue, you know?

Kudos in advance.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
crdroid, porting, wallpaper

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)