FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] LG L Fino Reflashing stock ROM (D290N, D295)

317 posts
Thanks Meter: 225

By meganukebmp, Senior Member on 24th June 2015, 12:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Flashing stock ROM on LG L Fino

Quote:

Since the device is pretty new and there is no other such guide for the Fino I decided to make one.
Flashing stock firmware on LG devices is universal (for the most part) so this guide will be pretty straight up.
This guide should be compatible with both the Dual Sim Fino and the regular one and all variants between them N/F/G etc.
I will try to make this as noob friendly as possible.

• Can Wipe user data
  • Can brick device (If done incorrectly)

STEP 1: Download and Install the LG DRIVER from here.
You might want to restart your computer after driver installation.

STEP 2: Download LG FLASH TOOL 2014 from here and extract it IN a NEW folder somewhere.

STEP 3: Download a KDZ firmware file from here
Quote:

BE SURE YOU ARE DOWNLOADING THE RIGHT FIRMWARE FOR YOUR DEVICE (D290N, D295 and so on) OTHERWISE YOUR DEVICE MIGHT BECOME A HARD BRICK!!! LOOK FOR THE DEVICE MODEL BEHIND THE BATTERY!

STEP 4: Extract the FIRMWARE.KDZ file IN the same folder as the LG FLASHTOOL 2014.

STEP 5: Enter DOWNLOAD MODE on the device. You can do that by connecting a USB cable to the computer and then pressing and holding the VOLUME UP button while inserting the USB in to the phone.

STEP 6: Start LGFlashTool2014.exe. You should have something like this open:
image1

STEP 7: In type ALLWAYS choose CDMA.

STEP 8: IN KDZ browse to the KDZ file you extracted earlier and select it.

STEP 9: Select Normal or CSE Flash
Quote:

Normal Flash: Flash the ROM on top of the current one ( Good for updating firmware)
CSE Flash: Flash the ROM after WIPING EVERYTHING. (Good if testing new ROM or restoring a brick)

STEP 10: After selecting either you will be transferred to another screen with data on it. Don't edit anything and just click START

STEP 11: After that you will be yet again transferred to another screen like this:
image2

Dont change or tick anything and just click OK

STEO 12: After that the process of FLASHING will begin.
Quote:

THIS PROCESS CAN'T BE STOPPED SO BE SURE YOU HAVE EVERYTHING NEEDED TO WAIT FOR 5-20 MINUTES FOR IT TO COMPLETE.
DO NOT UNPLUG THE DEVICE UNTIL IT HAS FULLY BOOTED!

If you get an error saying something about failed downloads and whatnot DO NOT CLICK ON ANYTHING! and wait about 15 minutes. The program might just display these errors but the process will continue.
Do not worry if the program says disconnected or crashes at the end of the procedure. This is normal

STEP 13: Enjoy your reflashed device

Quote:

By following this guide you agree that I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR BRICKED OR DAMAGED DEVICES.
You and only you decided to follow these instructions.

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to meganukebmp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift meganukebmp Ad-Free

9th December 2015, 11:35 PM |#2  
Flag Mainz
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Download the KDZ you need here: https://lg-firmwares.com/
The Following User Says Thank You to -gloim- For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift -gloim- Ad-Free
10th December 2015, 12:27 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sofia

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwilliam_a_k_a_trash

Nice tutorial!

Thanks
Glad to help.
The Following User Says Thank You to meganukebmp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift meganukebmp Ad-Free
1st January 2016, 12:36 PM |#4  
Flag Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Does anyone experimented issues installing drivers? I've installed several versions and it still not detecting/recognizing the device and searching for drivers in windows update. (Windows7, D290n).

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmeloamg

Does anyone experimented issues installing drivers? I've installed several versions and it still not detecting/recognizing the device and searching for drivers in windows update. (Windows7, D290n).

SOLVED: After disabling windows update, uninstalling every single driver version for the device, unplugging network connection and reinstalling drivers (4.0.3) it worked. Thanks and hope help if it is your case.
4th February 2016, 01:27 AM |#5  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Ok so i tried to flash kdz file but on 60% it say "The phone is disconnected from PC" What should i do?
4th February 2016, 02:14 AM |#6  
Flag Visakhapatnam
Thanks Meter: 82

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyber808

Ok so i tried to flash kdz file but on 60% it say "The phone is disconnected from PC" What should i do?

You can start over... But this time check that the USB connection is stable and the drivers are all updated
7th February 2016, 01:56 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Lg l fino hardbricked!
Hi! i'm a newbie here, can you teach me to unbrick a hardbricked lg l fino? no download mode and it says boot security error, it has been days solving this problem ...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to micoevil For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift micoevil Ad-Free
7th February 2016, 09:23 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sofia

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by micoevil

Hi! i'm a newbie here, can you teach me to unbrick a hardbricked lg l fino? no download mode and it says boot security error, it has been days solving this problem ...

Deppends if it really is hard bricked. Can you enter download mode?
The Following User Says Thank You to meganukebmp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift meganukebmp Ad-Free
13th February 2016, 04:51 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by meganukebmp

STEP 5: Enter DOWNLOAD MODE on the device. You can do that by connecting a USB cable to the computer and then pressing and holding the VOLUME DOWN button while inserting the USB in to the phone.

I have LG L Fino D295. I cannot enter to Download Mode as there is error message "error boot certification verify" and then the device goes black. By removing the battery, put it back and press power button the phone goes normally. Any solution for cannot entering the Download Mode?
I found this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2582142 but I couldn't find the files needed (sbl1.img, aboot.img, rpm.img, tz.img) which I assume the stock files for LG Fino L D295. And not really sure this will help me to enter the Download Mode.

Just as background: when I update the firmware via OTA, the system says that my phone is suspected to be rooted. since then my camera is not working. Clear cache and data didn't help.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.
14th February 2016, 09:22 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
thenks bro
18th February 2016, 11:38 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hello, I have a problem because after installing TWRP on Lg l'fino from time changed the android I changed not at all aboot on orginale and call me zbrickowaƂ
I wanted to install in new home Stock for lg flash tool because tele enters into download mode but as it starts to upload new stock becomes 2% percent and pops it failed Tele. 100% charged and detectable packages for Windows
Could anyone help ?? Thanks in advance: D
My English is poor
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
d290n, d295, flash, lg l fino, unbrick

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)