Remove All Ads from XDA

7840 just got update?

83 posts
Thanks Meter: 13

By Leader2light, Member on 21st July 2015, 10:30 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
From xBIGREDDx

• Lollipop 5.1.0
• Enhanced access via Quick settings for Wifi and Bluetooth.
• UI enhancements - Volume slider.
• New animations on the Clock app.
• Improved SD Card support (Fixed bug that prevented some apps from being moved to SD Card)
• Updated localization, Four additional languages added - Danish (Denmark), Finnish (Finland/Sweden), Norwegian, Swedish (Finland & Sweden).
• Depth processing improvements for Dell Gallery
• Added two new Dell Live wallpapers
• Miscellaneous bug fixes

MAKE SURE TO HAVE ENOUGH FREE SPACE or update fails.

OTA process failed, I think I also had an out of space issue?

Code:
I/SystemUpdateOTA(16111): Copy file from /storage/emulated/0/update.zip to /data/data/com.dell.systemupdateota/update.zip
I/SystemUpdateOTA(16111): Fail to copy package to /data/data/com.dell.systemupdateota/update.zip
EDIT: OTA is 1GB and I only had 750MB free. Trying again.

EDIT2: Update successful on tablet that was rooted. Lost root though. First boot took maybe 10 minutes sitting at the "intel inside" screen.
Also, Developer Options now has an "OEM unlocking" option, but 'fastboot oem unlock' doesn't seem to work. Not sure if this is normal or a side-effect of having been rooted and/or having the developer firmware previously installed. I won't have much time today to mess with it but I can maybe upload the update.zip in a few hours.
The Following User Says Thank You to Leader2light For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Leader2light Ad-Free

21st July 2015, 11:41 PM |#2  
Flag Austin
Thanks Meter: 86

More
It looks like it's the 5.1 update.
21st July 2015, 11:50 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
I noticed as well. It failed on my rooted system.
22nd July 2015, 12:07 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
I'll grab the OTA zip tomorrow after work and upload it, unless anyone else does it before
22nd July 2015, 12:18 AM |#5  
OP Member

More
Do they fix gyro speed or anything?
22nd July 2015, 12:19 AM |#6  
OP Member

More
Update failed for me. Not enough space.
22nd July 2015, 12:29 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 228

More
Got the release notes from logcat:
Quote:

• Lollipop 5.1.0
• Enhanced access via Quick settings for Wifi and Bluetooth.
• UI enhancements - Volume slider.
• New animations on the Clock app.
• Improved SD Card support (Fixed bug that prevented some apps from being moved to SD Card)
• Updated localization, Four additional languages added - Danish (Denmark), Finnish (Finland/Sweden), Norwegian, Swedish (Finland & Sweden).
• Depth processing improvements for Dell Gallery
• Added two new Dell Live wallpapers
• Miscellaneous bug fixes

OTA process failed, I think I also had an out of space issue?

Code:
I/SystemUpdateOTA(16111): Copy file from /storage/emulated/0/update.zip to /data/data/com.dell.systemupdateota/update.zip
I/SystemUpdateOTA(16111): Fail to copy package to /data/data/com.dell.systemupdateota/update.zip
EDIT: OTA is 1GB and I only had 750MB free. Trying again.

EDIT2: Update successful on tablet that was rooted. Lost root though. First boot took maybe 10 minutes sitting at the "intel inside" screen.
Also, Developer Options now has an "OEM unlocking" option, but 'fastboot oem unlock' doesn't seem to work. Not sure if this is normal or a side-effect of having been rooted and/or having the developer firmware previously installed. I won't have much time today to mess with it but I can maybe upload the update.zip in a few hours.
22nd July 2015, 12:47 AM |#8  
Flag Austin
Thanks Meter: 86

More
Thumbs up
Misc Fixes... include lower touch and audio latency! Great for music creation apps!
The Following User Says Thank You to MatthewPresley For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MatthewPresley Ad-Free
22nd July 2015, 04:09 AM |#9  
OP Member

More
I think the gyro seems somewhat better. Screen rotates faster than before and consistently. Still could be improved though. I hope the swipe down menu glitch is fixed as well. It would vanish for me sometimes.

OVERALL a great update and I hope to see more support in the future. Good work dell!!!!
22nd July 2015, 10:55 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I can update with root?
22nd July 2015, 01:03 PM |#11  
Flag Malmö
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Update working for me with root without problem. But root is gone
The Following User Says Thank You to Avicularia69 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Avicularia69 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)