FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

How to root the HTC Desire 510

415 posts
Thanks Meter: 427

By CurbThePain, Senior Member on 24th November 2014, 03:48 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Okay guys and gals,

Today I'm gonna be giving you some directions on how to root the HTC Desire 510.

Steps:

1. What your gonna need is your phone, a usb, and a pc. (I used my xperia z as my pc)

2 Your gonna need to download [THIS]. This is the recovery image your gonna need. Just download that and put the file in a folder on your desktop or somewhere you'll remember.

3. Next your gonna want to reboot your phone into fastboot and connect it to your pc.

4. Next on your pc pull up cmd. (search cmd in the start menu) and type "fastboot devices" without the quotes and hit enter. If it shows your device your ready to move on.

5. Now your going to want to change your directory to where the image you downloaded is with a command similar to this "cd C:\users\xxx\desktop\recovery folder". Next rename the image to something simple like flash.img and type this into cmd "fastboot flash recovery flash.img" after doing that you should be able to boot into twrp from the hboot menu on your device.

6. Next on your computer download the su binary zip here. After downloading it reboot your device and copy it to your internal storage and reboot back to your recovery. Then in your recovery go find the supersu-v2.16.zip and flash it then reboot normally. Your device should now be rooted.
The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to CurbThePain For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CurbThePain Ad-Free

24th November 2014, 04:56 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 147

More
Thanks for all your help
25th November 2014, 12:10 AM |#3  
Flag san francisco
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Unhappy cant unlock bootloader!!!! help!!!! please!!!
i know that to root the htc desire 510 first i need to unlock the bootloader, i followed the htc dev steps but when ever im submitting the unlock code nothing happens i just get the screen where i press yes or know but nothing else happens, my bootloader has been relocked yes i know i made a mistake can anyone help please!!!!
25th November 2014, 12:34 AM |#4  
Flag Indianapolis, IN
Thanks Meter: 262

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by htnexx

i know that to root the htc desire 510 first i need to unlock the bootloader, i followed the htc dev steps but when ever im submitting the unlock code nothing happens i just get the screen where i press yes or know but nothing else happens, my bootloader has been relocked yes i know i made a mistake can anyone help please!!!!

same thing happened to me. does yours look like mine? http://forum.xda-developers.com/desi...2-bit-t2951146 i have pictures posted of what it does when i try to unlock.
25th November 2014, 12:45 AM |#5  
Flag san francisco

More
exactly!!!! i couldnt upload pics but is the same error mate, i hope somebody can help us...
25th November 2014, 02:24 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 147

More
I'm having problems with the recovery it won't unload the file I rename it recovery.img but still nothing
25th November 2014, 04:59 PM |#7  
Flag Indianapolis, IN
Thanks Meter: 262

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by htnexx

exactly!!!! i couldnt upload pics but is the same error mate, i hope somebody can help us...

Did you make any progress? Any change?
25th November 2014, 06:30 PM |#8  
Flag san francisco

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryBoyG

Did you make any progress? Any change?

no change, im hoping somebody comes with a solution or ideas
25th November 2014, 11:24 PM |#9  

More
Could anyone tell me why when I try to unlock my boot loader and go to get the token it tells me my token length is inccorrect. Is there any reason why this is happening?
26th November 2014, 01:03 AM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oHaiiSquidd

Could anyone tell me why when I try to unlock my boot loader and go to get the token it tells me my token length is inccorrect. Is there any reason why this is happening?

make sure youre copying from " <<<TOKEN START>>>" to "<<<TOKEN END>>>" , arrows and all.
26th November 2014, 03:12 AM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01keenan10

make sure youre copying from " <<<TOKEN START>>>" to "<<<TOKEN END>>>" , arrows and all.

I did do that I tried multiple times. Also when I try to run the fastboot from HTC site it keeps telling me something about missingadbapi.dll
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)