[rom] [01-04-2018] [resurrection remix 5.8.5] [android 7.1.2] [desire 526gplus]

Search This thread

TheKepar

Apr 12, 2018
please note - I am trying my best to help all of you guys out with the bugs , but I myself I'm working alone on this project so give me some time and my device condition is bad , only 75% of the touch screen recognizes my touch since my digitized is damaged , as well as my battery doesn't seem good

Take your time man, people always complain about free stuff
I thinks bugs differs depending on its person and device, some poeple noticed some bugs that my device didn't had
Can you port the android 8.0 one? I want to try it out.
And i want to ask if you can make youtube play videos in 720p ,the 420p is playing smoothly and i like that but the video quality isn't that great

Reactions: rakasidebus

shwetaankt

Jan 12, 2016
noida
truzz_patel is the man

please note - I am trying my best to help all of you guys out with the bugs , but I myself I'm working alone on this project so give me some time and my device condition is bad , only 75% of the touch screen recognizes my touch since my digitized is damaged , as well as my battery doesn't seem good

thank u buddy.
and i was not complaining. i appreciate your work and know that you have to spend time on the roms and fixing bugs ,its only that i m a little impatient.

shwetaankt

Jan 12, 2016
noida

I think i found the reason for the problems ..
Which are:-
Stock camera app or 3rd party cams not able to record videos.
File manager not able to access external sdcard.
Apps not able to write on internal storage.
Permissions are reset on reboot every time. ( may be due to cache problems).
Images or videos (downloaded) on internal storage are not shown in the galary.
Only google photos is able to show media on both internal storage and external sd card simultaneously.
Internal storage now shows internal shared storage.
-------------------------------------------------------
REASON WHICH I THINK IS CAUSING THIS.
IN nougat rom, by default the external sdcard is taken as adoptable and not portable.
On removing the external sdcard,
The stock camera app says cannot access sdcard.
Somehow now footej camera app is able to record videos and click images effortlessly but the output of video is slow and constant pauses. File manager is working as earlier , but still shows internal shared storage.

priyansh21

Jun 19, 2015
Flashing the lineage os 14.1 root addon gives permanent root access to the rom ... For both adb and apps (after flashing you have to manually enable root access from developer option)

A_kr

Jan 21, 2017
Nice work

Awesome ROM , everything is working fine, but the cpu optimization is not good, facing a bit of heating issues, btw i tried enabling multicore power saving in kernel auditor but that didn't help much.

thanks for the rom bro.....keep up good work:good:

Harishwarrior

Aug 21, 2016
Kumbakonam
The sim card is not detected for me...

It just says no sim card...

My imei and baseband is okay...

Anyone help me fix this...

---------- Post added at 02:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 AM ----------

Awesome ROM , everything is working fine, but the cpu optimization is not good, facing a bit of heating issues, btw i tried enabling multicore power saving in kernel auditor but that didn't help much.

thanks for the rom bro.....keep up good work:good:

The rom is just ported ..you can't expect any optimization...you need to fix it by yourself

---------- Post added at 02:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 AM ----------

How can i port this rom to HTC Desire 816G MT6592 variant???

You can if it has same chipset...

---------- Post added at 02:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 AM ----------

Flashing the lineage os 14.1 root addon gives permanent root access to the rom ... For both adb and apps (after flashing you have to manually enable root access from developer option)

I recommended magisk...as it hides the root..and you can pass CTS profile by using magisk hide config module...

---------- Post added at 02:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 AM ----------

I think i found the reason for the problems ..
Which are:-
Stock camera app or 3rd party cams not able to record videos.
File manager not able to access external sdcard.
Apps not able to write on internal storage.
Permissions are reset on reboot every time. ( may be due to cache problems).
Images or videos (downloaded) on internal storage are not shown in the galary.
Only google photos is able to show media on both internal storage and external sd card simultaneously.
Internal storage now shows internal shared storage.
-------------------------------------------------------
REASON WHICH I THINK IS CAUSING THIS.
IN nougat rom, by default the external sdcard is taken as adoptable and not portable.
On removing the external sdcard,
The stock camera app says cannot access sdcard.
Somehow now footej camera app is able to record videos and click images effortlessly but the output of video is slow and constant pauses. File manager is working as earlier , but still shows internal shared storage.

No....

The reason for the camera is we don't have a stable base rom for our chipset..(6592) the camera bug is in the source..it is not fixed yet...

---------- Post added at 02:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 AM ----------

Which GApps should I download?

Arm-7.1-nano

---------- Post added at 02:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 AM ----------

Pattern is always visible even if you turn off "make password visible"... Waiting for these bugs to be fixed. Don't want to switch to other roms.

Bro....this is just ported not compiled...so it can't be fixed ...

Ashu18

Feb 13, 2018
Plzz help GPS is not working ???

Plzz Help GPS is not Working so i installed gps stats and tools. It says GPS is not installed . Plzz help. I love this rom all things are working smoothly except GPS.

Ashu18

Feb 13, 2018
A very great rom

I am having a problem with GPS only. otherwise its a very great rom i am able to mount my device to pc , etc. Plzz help GPS is not functioning . I installed the GPS Stats and tools app it says GPS is not present in my phone. Plzz help.

Sanjayss11

Jun 16, 2018
It's a very nice rom compare to other custom roms of this device nice work thank you for this rom
But I'm very disappointed that GPS is completely gone and not working please tell me how to fix it

kaveh0

Jul 23, 2020
hello
ty for the rom its very nice and work very good
i have only one problem and its vpn dos not work not vpn app not pptp or other vpn can someone help me about it?
and good job it work very smooth.

g1ko

Nov 2, 2021
Sorry for much belated visit,
all i'm asking for is some alternate download of bootloader Unlock pack.
Salmon986's link seems to be dead :cry:

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https_%25252F%25252Fi.imgsafe.org%25252F56593d8991.png

FOR HTC 526 G PLUS DUAL SIM (MEDIATEK 6592) ONLY)

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

GUIDE BY SALMAN986

Requires Unlocked Bootloader And TWRP
    To unlock Bootloader follow this

[1] Bootloader Unlock

To unlock bootloader first you need to flash bootloader unlock file
    *Run SP Flash Tool ,load scatter given in the unlock file and flash the both files preloader and secro unlock.img press download
    *[This is important to unlock bootloader] press vol+,vol- without battery then insert usb cable then put the battery in by pressing the volume buttons
    now your unlock file will be downloaded to your phone and your phone will be unlocked.now you can flash rom/recovery/anything
    Bootloader Unlock Pack : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7h...ptVnJOdVU/view
    Download SP Flash Tool: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7h...ZpcGtYcGc/view
    from this link use sp flash tool only and use scatter and secro from downloaded zip
    make sure that you are using my provided sp tool to unlock
    other sp tool versions may not work
    Video Tutorial For Unlocking Bootloader
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xT017FtECZI

[2] I recommend TWRP recovery 3.0.2 by salman986

*Run sp flash tool load the scatter and flash any recovery given bellow (in sp flashtool tick recovery only select recovery file manualy)

TWRP guide by salman986 : https://xdaforums.com/desire-526/general/twrp-htc-desire-526g-twrp-3-0-2-recovery-t3550515

I would like to acknowledge the following people who cross-ported RUSURRECTION REMIX For MEDIATEK 6592 devices
    Credits :
    Raj Kumar
    Anupam Anand
    Aditya Kumar
    Tribetmen
    Resurrection Remix
    LineageOS
    Yash pal Joshi
    Mojie Nome

PLEASE- MY WORK WAS TO MANIPULATE SOME FILES, PORT THE BOOT.IMG FOR IT TO WORK ON HTC 526G PLUS , MAIN CREDITS GO TO PRIYANSH21 AND SALMAN986 FOR HELPING US UNLOCK THE BOOTLOADER WITHOUT WHICH WE COULD NOT FLASH ANY CUSTOM ROMS

[3] Installation

1) Download the ROM from the link below this thread
    2) Download latest 7.1.2 google apps for arm
    3) Wipe Cache, data, System, dalvik cache
    4) Install the ROM downloaded zip file
    5) Install GApps zip file downloaded
    6)Wipe Cache, Dalvik Cache again
    7) Reboot system

[4] - What's Working and Apps

Pre-Installed Apps :
    AudioFX - Audio optimizer with presets to alter the music listening experience.
    Browser - A light-weight browser that relies on the System Webview, for low end devices, also known as Jelly.
    FlipFlap - An app for smart flip covers, only included on select devices.
    Calculator - which resembles a four-function calculator and offers some more advanced functions.
    Calendar - Calendar functionality with Day, Week Month, Year or Agenda views.
    Camera - Dependent on device specification will take video or photos, including panoramic.
    Clock - World clock, Countdown timer, Stopwatch and Alarms.
    Contacts - Phonebook for numbers and e-mail addresses.
    Email - Email client that handles POP3, IMAP and Exchange.
    Files - Simple File Manager to move copy and rename files on internal storage or SD-Card.
    Gallery - Organise photos and videos into a timeline or albums for easy viewing.
    Messaging - SMS messaging.
    Music - A music player, formerly known as Eleven.
    Phone - for making Calls. Includes Speed dial, Phone number lookups and call blocking.
    Recorder - A screen and/or sound recorder.
    Trebuchet - A customizable launcher that supports protected apps.
    Sim Toolkit

Features :

Audio in calls
    Loudspeaker
    Bluetooth
    Microphone
    SMS (Receive and Send both working)
    WiFi (2.4ghz ofcourse for MT6592)
    USSD
    Data
    Dual SIM
    Hotspot
    Screen Recording (In-Built)
    Both storages (SD and Internal)
    Gapps
    2G/3G Switch
    Camera - Features Include ; Flash Mode, Picture Size, Quality, Countdown, Pro Photography Mode and many more.
    VPN (Bug fixed and works now)
    Latest Security Patch (January 1, 2017)
    Including Substratum theme engine support

[5] Known Bugs and Fixed Bugs/ Workarounds

Green Youtube Screen - { FIXED BY REPLACING libdpframework.so }
    Green Camera Screen - { FIXED BY REPLACING libdpframework.so }
    VPN Bug was patched and fixed
    GPS Bug was patched and fixed

[6] - DOWNLOADS SECTION
    RR 5.8.5 HTC526G+ - MEGA.NZ
    GAPPS 7.1.2 ARM - opengapps.org

Be sure to hit the thanks button and post the bugs you encounter as we try to fix it
    Enjoy - Screenshots attached below (EDIT 1: ADDED SCREENSHOTS)

XDA:DevDB Information
    RR-5.8.5-FINAL-N-UNOFFICIAL, ROM for the HTC Desire 526 G Plus

Contributors
    salman986, priyansh21
    ROM OS Version: 7.1.2 Nouggat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.67
    ROM Firmware Required: Stock
    Based On: Resurrection Remix 5.8.5 based on AOSP

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 1
    Beta Release Date: 2018-04-01
    Created 2018-04-01
    Last Updated 2018-04-01

ROM SOURCE CODE : MTKROMS.COM
    Link to ROM : MTKROMS
    SOURCE CODE TO RESURRECTION REMIX 5.8.5 - GITHUB
    video rendering on facebook , trying to fix that bug
    photo uploading on messenger , testing it out too
    thanks for feedback
    Pattern is always visible even if you turn off "make password visible"... Waiting for these bugs to be fixed. Don't want to switch to other roms.

You have to switch off make pattern visible , the settings icon next to screen lock , it's found there .
    Sorry for that bug , it's the stock camera app , I will soon post the fix for the video recording