FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Recovery] TWRP 3.0.2-0

392 posts
Thanks Meter: 810

Post Reply Email Thread

TWRP is an open source, community project. TWRP development is done by roughly 4 people at this point. We also have a large support community with many people who are willing to answer questions and help people with their devices either through our IRC channel or on forums like xda-developers.

Team Win was originally formed to work on porting WiMAX to CM7 for the HTC EVO 4G. After our work on the EVO 4G we wanted to work on a project that would work on more devices than just the EVO 4G and we settled on working on a recovery. Today TWRP is the leading custom recovery for Android phones.

A custom recovery is used for installing custom software on your device. This custom software can include smaller modifications like rooting your device or even replacing the firmware of the device with a completely custom "ROM" like OmniROM

Downloads:

- twrp-3.0.2-0-a16
- md5: 552620e0834ab9be3e0a588258a4bc14
*Optional*
- ADB_Fastboot
- md5: fc78b03f23e562c919bfbaea0ef9bc79

Install Instructions:

- Unlock Your Bootloader (Instructions)
- Boot your device into Download Mode (adb reboot download)
- Flash TWRP via Fastboot (fastboot flash recovery <twrpfilenamegoeshere>)
*Optional*
- Boot into TWRP (adb reboot recovery)
- Go to advanced, then enable sideload
- Flash supersu (adb sideload <supersufilenamegoeshere>)

Original Root/S-OFF guide by jcase can be found HERE
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AndroidSamurai For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AndroidSamurai Ad-Free

20th May 2017, 04:48 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Will we get the latest twrp recovery?
The Following User Says Thank You to wilbigdaddy2000 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wilbigdaddy2000 Ad-Free
20th May 2017, 06:55 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Greenville, SC

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilbigdaddy2000

Will we get the latest twrp recovery?

As soon as I get a chance buddy. I've been working some crazy long days(60hrs/WK) and dealing with family issues.

Just stick around and hopefully me or another SlimDesire Dev will get to it ASAP.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AndroidSamurai For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AndroidSamurai Ad-Free
21st May 2017, 10:00 PM |#4  
Flag baltimore/md
Thanks Meter: 338

More
Wow only one person well 2 now hit the thanks button. Show your thanks people.

Thanks by the way dev
The Following User Says Thank You to josh2020glacier For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift josh2020glacier Ad-Free
22nd May 2017, 04:09 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Greenville, SC

Donate to Me
More
Appreciate the love Josh, but I've been in the Android game here on XDA since 2008 and know that not all things are appreciated. No worries, Captain_Throwback deserves all the thanks for this build anyways.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AndroidSamurai For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AndroidSamurai Ad-Free
22nd May 2017, 05:12 AM |#6  
Flag baltimore/md
Thanks Meter: 338

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidSamurai

Appreciate the love Josh, but I've been in the Android game here on XDA since 2008 and know that not all things are appreciated. No worries, Captain_Throwback deserves all the thanks for this build anyways.

You good bro I've been here since around 2008 myself. My first phone was HTC mytouch 4g lol and uneven the first Android phone the G1 and so forth. I know the G1 was the was the first Android phone but I didn't hear about rooting until HTC mytouch 4g. Been doing it ever since, I even ported few roms like MIUI. Maybe soon I will be porting to this device.
13th June 2017, 07:02 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hope this is not considered as spamming threads. I just think this message is relevant to this thread in particular since is TWRP-related.

In case some of you can not load the TWRP image from the first post in this thread in your devices after flashing it, i recommend you try this another image also by Captain_Throwback. It worked with no problem on a HTC Desire 530 from Claro Chile, and maybe it will work on other versions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Throwback

Alright, rebuilt TWRP with dtb separated (though that really shouldn't make a difference). If this one doesn't boot, I'll try using the dtb from the 3.0.2 TWRP, and if that still doesn't work, I'll just revert to the kernel/dtb from the original 3.0.2 release. I was hoping to be able to use the source-built kernel to patch the touch driver and clean up/fix some things, but that may not be possible. Unless this works, in which case, yay!

Click on the arrow inside the quote title to see the full post, so you can also see the link to the image file.
3rd July 2017, 03:00 PM |#8  
Flag dalton, ga
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Everytime I try to make a back up in TWRP the phone reboots as soon as the back up begins. Anyone else had this happen? I'm used to nexus phones and this one is complicated to me
12th July 2017, 07:13 AM |#9  
Flag Uttarakhand,rishikesh
Thanks Meter: 0

More
OP Junior Member9 posts Thanks: 0

In my devices htc desire d530u do not have any RUU file or any other ROM.
device have problem that it show HTC logo and do not start after this logo,I do all process which is given to internet ,it do not working.................................
IF any one have solution of this problem PLZ help
-----------------------------------------------------Devices info---------------------------------------
htc download mode
****RELOCKED*********
HTC_a16ul PVT s-on
LK-1.0.0.0000
RADIO-01.01_U113251482_62.02.60930G
OpenDSP - UNKOWN
OS - 1.32.709.12 taiwan version
Oct 11 2016,21:00:37{796991}
2nd October 2017, 06:13 AM |#10  

More
First of all I would like to thank anyone and everyone who has made phone rooting guides, they definitely help out!

Now my question, does anyone have the stock RUU: RUU_A16_UL_M60_DESIRE_SENSE70GP_TMUS_MetroPCS_US_1 .36.1550.5_Radio_01.01_U113251531_68.01.61229G_rel ease_495720_signed_2.exe

I cannot find this file anywhere, even the download link on HTC's website is broken. Unfortunately TWRP wont work on my Desire 530 because I upgraded my ROM to 1.36.1550.14. So I need to downgrade from what I've heard in order to get TWRP working, then I can install an S-OFF kernel and install Super-SU. Make sense to anyone?

I unlocked my bootloader and flashed TWRP to my recovery. When I reboot my phone into recovery I see the TWRP screen, then the phone reboots. I've tried clearing my cache partition, and that hasn't helped. I managed to do this by following directions for clearing cache partition on T-Mobile website with stock recovery image BTW. I also tried flashing several different versions of TWRP, some experimental builds by Capt Throwback, and some builds for other phones. I just can't get any relief.

Thanks in advance!
16th February 2018, 06:21 PM |#11  

More
Help!
Hello when I want to install the twrp in cmd it keeps saying device not found, while my phone is connected pls help! I am a noob when it comes to phone rooting and stuff!!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)