0) Download these files
SuperSu 2.74 - https://download.chainfire.eu/964/Su...0519174328.zip
Universal ADB Driver
Android SDK - https://developer.android.com/studio/index.html
TWRP - https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24588212152304477 (Experimental build)
SunShine - http://theroot.ninja/apks/SunShine-latest.apk (Optional)
1) Visit htcdev.com and unlock your bootloader
-sign up as a dev, activate your email, and follow the steps
2) Download twrp from the app store. You won’t be able to run it yet but you still need it
3) Put the supersu zip file from your computer into your download folder of your phone
4) Get fastboot & adb running on your computer.
- open cmd prompt
-navigate to the fastboot/adb folder in your cmd prompt
-with your phone plugged into your computer type “adb devices”
-if it returns your device good
-now in cmd type “adb reboot downloader” (you can also do this by powering off your phone then turning your phone on by holding the down volume button and the power button at the same time.
-once you are in the downloader type “fastboot devices” in cmd
-if this returns your device good
-DO NOT GO ANY FURTHER TILL THIS IS WORKING!!!
4)Once your phone is in the rebooted downloader screen type “fastboot flash recovery <twrpDownloadFromAbove>”
-make sure you are on the downloader page and not the bootloader page
-this should end in .img
-this is a second boot screen for your phone. The first time I did this recovery wasn’t working because I was trying to fastboot on the bootloader page.
5) Now boot into recovery mode by navigating to it on your phone or using the cmd “adb reboot recovery”
-Once you are here you will see the twrp screen
6a) The way I did it is going into the twrp recovery boot and going to install and choosing the supersu.zip file I moved to my phone in step 3. After it is done reboot your phone and now you are rooted.
6b) The other way is to go to advanced in twrp and enable sideload
-now in cmd type “adb sideload <SuperSuDownloadFromAbove>”
7) If you need to turn S-OFF install sunshine on your phone and it will do it.
-You need to have your phone rooted first to turn your S-OFF with sunshine