FORUMS

HTC Desire 530 Root/S-OFF

9 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By whittlestick, Junior Member on 29th August 2016, 04:11 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Yes, this is very similar jcase's post. His helped me out a lot, but I went more in depth. Here is his post.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/desi...-root-t3410015

0) Download these files
SuperSu 2.74 - https://download.chainfire.eu/964/Su...0519174328.zip
Universal ADB Driver
Android SDK - https://developer.android.com/studio/index.html
TWRP - https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24588212152304477 (Experimental build)
SunShine - http://theroot.ninja/apks/SunShine-latest.apk (Optional)

1) Visit htcdev.com and unlock your bootloader
2) Download twrp from the app store. You won’t be able to run it yet but you still need it
3) Put the supersu zip file from your computer into your download folder of your phone
4) Get fastboot & adb running on your computer.
- open cmd prompt
-navigate to the fastboot/adb folder in your cmd prompt
-with your phone plugged into your computer type “adb devices”
-if it returns your device good
-now in cmd type “adb reboot downloader” (you can also do this by powering off your phone then turning your phone on by holding the down volume button and the power button at the same time.
-once you are in the downloader type “fastboot devices” in cmd
-if this returns your device good
-DO NOT GO ANY FURTHER TILL THIS IS WORKING!!!
4)Once your phone is in the rebooted downloader screen type “fastboot flash recovery <twrpDownloadFromAbove>”
-make sure you are on the downloader page and not the bootloader page
-this should end in .img
-this is a second boot screen for your phone. The first time I did this recovery wasn’t working because I was trying to fastboot on the bootloader page.
5) Now boot into recovery mode by navigating to it on your phone or using the cmd “adb reboot recovery”
-Once you are here you will see the twrp screen
6a) The way I did it is going into the twrp recovery boot and going to install and choosing the supersu.zip file I moved to my phone in step 3. After it is done reboot your phone and now you are rooted.
6b) The other way is to go to advanced in twrp and enable sideload
-now in cmd type “adb sideload <SuperSuDownloadFromAbove>”
7) If you need to turn S-OFF install sunshine on your phone and it will do it.
-You need to have your phone rooted first to turn your S-OFF with sunshine
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to whittlestick For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift whittlestick Ad-Free
30th August 2016, 03:33 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi, I've been trying to root my phone since a couple of days but I've not been able to do it. I followed your guide as well as jcase one, but the results are the same, I can't boot to recovery mode after flashing the twrp image saying "failed to boot to recovery mood. Press volume up or down to back to menu" when I choose the option from bootloader screen (which is the only place where I can find a "boot recovery" option, and using the cmd command doesn't work.
23rd September 2016, 02:55 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistor_sanh

Hi, I've been trying to root my phone since a couple of days but I've not been able to do it. I followed your guide as well as jcase one, but the results are the same, I can't boot to recovery mode after flashing the twrp image saying "failed to boot to recovery mood. Press volume up or down to back to menu" when I choose the option from bootloader screen (which is the only place where I can find a "boot recovery" option, and using the cmd command doesn't work.

I get this same thing, do yo fix it?
The Following User Says Thank You to Faviopiano2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Faviopiano2 Ad-Free
23rd September 2016, 03:01 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faviopiano2

I get this same thing, do yo fix it?

When you are in the bootloader screen does it say unlocked at the top? Also make sure you've flashed the twrp img to recovery. If it flashes correctly you should see that it starts downloading ok your phone
23rd September 2016, 03:12 PM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by whittlestick

When you are in the bootloader screen does it say unlocked at the top? Also make sure you've flashed the twrp img to recovery. If it flashes correctly you should see that it starts downloading ok your phone

Yes its unlocked already, and when finish flashing its ok too
25th September 2016, 05:13 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Successful Root!
Thanks I followed all of the instructions and I was able to successfully get Root on my metro pcs HTC Desire 530.

IF YOU ARE HAVING ISSUE with the TWRP.img

- Make sure you have "OEM Unlocking" enabled under developer options in settings since the phone wiped when you unlocked the bootloader it probably unclicked that option and you just have to enable it again.
- Check md5sum of the TWRP image file maybe you have a corrupt file and therefore a bad flash (I use OP link it worked fine).
- When pushing the TWRP image make sure you have a good USB connection.

ROOTIMG
27th September 2016, 02:15 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have a problem flashing the recovery. What is the OP link?

---------- Post added at 12:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by matora

I have a problem flashing the recovery. What is the OP link?

TWRP Official page?

---------- Post added at 01:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by izou1838

Thanks I followed all of the instructions and I was able to successfully get Root on my metro pcs HTC Desire 530.

IF YOU ARE HAVING ISSUE with the TWRP.img

- Make sure you have "OEM Unlocking" enabled under developer options in settings since the phone wiped when you unlocked the bootloader it probably unclicked that option and you just have to enable it again.
- Check md5sum of the TWRP image file maybe you have a corrupt file and therefore a bad flash (I use OP link it worked fine).
- When pushing the TWRP image make sure you have a good USB connection.

ROOTIMG

Please, give me the OP link. Thanks
28th September 2016, 04:19 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
@matora

OP is original post otherwise the link provided.

One thing I did do different is I downloaded and installed "Minimal ADB and Fastboot" and I also installed HTC sync manager prior to flashing the recovery

Hope it helps
The Following User Says Thank You to izou1838 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift izou1838 Ad-Free
30th September 2016, 03:09 AM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by izou1838

@matora

OP is original post otherwise the link provided.

One thing I did do different is I downloaded and installed "Minimal ADB and Fastboot" and I also installed HTC sync manager prior to flashing the recovery

Hope it helps

From where you install the HTC sync manager and the minimal adb?
25th October 2016, 06:57 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 92

More
Just got this phone an hour ago since my LG-D855 is stuck in download mode so great to see a root tread/method here will try this later

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using XDA-Developers mobile app
25th October 2016, 11:52 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 92

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by whittlestick

Yes, this is very similar jcase's post. His helped me out a lot, but I went more in depth. Here is his post.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/desi...-root-t3410015

0) Download these files
SuperSu 2.74 - https://download.chainfire.eu/964/Su...0519174328.zip
Universal ADB Driver
Android SDK - https://developer.android.com/studio/index.html
TWRP - https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24588212152304477 (Experimental build)
SunShine - http://theroot.ninja/apks/SunShine-latest.apk (Optional)

1) Visit htcdev.com and unlock your bootloader
2) Download twrp from the app store. You won’t be able to run it yet but you still need it
3) Put the supersu zip file from your computer into your download folder of your phone
4) Get fastboot & adb running on your computer.
- open cmd prompt
-navigate to the fastboot/adb folder in your cmd prompt
-with your phone plugged into your computer type “adb devices”
-if it returns your device good
-now in cmd type “adb reboot downloader” (you can also do this by powering off your phone then turning your phone on by holding the down volume button and the power button at the same time.
-once you are in the downloader type “fastboot devices” in cmd
-if this returns your device good
-DO NOT GO ANY FURTHER TILL THIS IS WORKING!!!
4)Once your phone is in the rebooted downloader screen type “fastboot flash recovery <twrpDownloadFromAbove>”
-make sure you are on the downloader page and not the bootloader page
-this should end in .img
-this is a second boot screen for your phone. The first time I did this recovery wasn’t working because I was trying to fastboot on the bootloader page.
5) Now boot into recovery mode by navigating to it on your phone or using the cmd “adb reboot recovery”
-Once you are here you will see the twrp screen
6a) The way I did it is going into the twrp recovery boot and going to install and choosing the supersu.zip file I moved to my phone in step 3. After it is done reboot your phone and now you are rooted.
6b) The other way is to go to advanced in twrp and enable sideload
-now in cmd type “adb sideload <SuperSuDownloadFromAbove>”
7) If you need to turn S-OFF install sunshine on your phone and it will do it.
-You need to have your phone rooted first to turn your S-OFF with sunshine

Click image for larger version

Name:	1477435774154.jpg
Views:	924
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	3915766 uum it hangs here and nothing happens and I know and is working because I adb devices and this phone shows up

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using XDA-Developers mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)