[PORT][ROM][UNOFFICIAL][4.2.2] MIUIv5

Search This thread

zenfreddy

Sep 5, 2010
Hi, i flashed kolifas kernel and now some apps are missing...

Is there a solution or can i have the kernel for this rom pretty please? THANKS A BUNCH.

Also theres that bug that when ever someone calls you, when tje call ends, the phone hangs and the MI bootscreen appears. How do i fix this? o_O its the only problem now

Vency77

Apr 5, 2012
Plovdiv
I'm on kit-kat could I download this Rom???

Yeah, if you are using zara_ul and on the new KK hboot 2.22, you could try it, but backup everything ofcourse :)

Hi, i flashed kolifas kernel and now some apps are missing...

Is there a solution or can i have the kernel for this rom pretty please? THANKS A BUNCH.

Also theres that bug that when ever someone calls you, when tje call ends, the phone hangs and the MI bootscreen appears. How do i fix this? o_O its the only problem now

If I recall well, because I havent used the ROM in a while, Kofila Kernel wasn't compatible with MIUI. I will ask my friend @patrik.KT and maybe do a version for you, but this is connected with lot of testing and he is a bit busy now.
Are you having the same problem with the phone when using the stock kernel that came with the ROM? Because I'm sure mine was working well when I used it.

Last edited:
Reactions: zenfreddy

zenfreddy

Sep 5, 2010
Thanks for the quick reply :)) youre damn nice...

Ill try to reflash stock kernel if i can find it and tell you what happens :)

Tyson12

Dec 26, 2015
DOWNLOADS, INSTRUCTIONS, INFO, USEFUL STUFF

Before proceeding, keep in mind that the update zips are made for the kitkat hboot 2.22 (system at mmcblk0p35, data at mmcblk0p37, boot at mmcblk0p33, etc.) This means that if you are on older partition table, the ROM may break your partitions!

Installing instructions PLEASE READ THEM:
  1. Download the ROM, GAPPS and MEDIA FIX. Place them somewhere on your sdcard.
  2. Reboot to recovery and perform a data wipe
  3. Flash unofficial_miui_4.6.13_jb_4.2.2_Vency77_TF.zip
  4. Flash miuiandroid_gapps-4.2.2-small_signed-8012.zip
  5. Reboot and let the ROM boot
  6. IMPORTANT! When the ROM boots, you will see a lockscreen. DONT unlock it because you will have system media FC'es. Hold the power button, Power Off the device (dont tap Reboot, it doesnt have native 'Reboot to recovery' option), boot into bootloader->recovery, then flash fix_media_miui.zip and reboot. You shouldn't have more FC'es, but you may need to perform a reboot or two so the media can be rescaned.
    And no, this CANT be flashed when flashing ROM!
  7. Start the MIUI journey!
  8. Optional: Use the aroma installer to install some additional apps and services (list of them is below)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Removed apps:
I have removed some apps from the rom, either because they didnt worked well, or they are useless. Here is a list and aroma zip to install some of them if you want:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Workaround for some of the bugs:

1) There isnt menu native menu button. There are different options, the best one for me is this: download and install WSM tools(this is the xposed framework for MIUI). When installed, go to the application, framework, install the framework and reboot. Then start WSM Tools again, go to the online Tab, click "Repository" and mark 'Xposed'. Then search for GravityBox JB, install it, enable the module in WSM, reboot. Then in GravityBox you have many options for menu button - enable pie controls or go to 'Navigation keys actions' and remap home or back button.

2) The Xunlei Download Engine is crashing the media server. When flashing fix_media_miui.zip, it is disabled so there is no problem, but if you enable it in Download Manager, you will have errors again... so dont do it, and if it happens - flash the fix again :)

3) Themes are now working!
To download themes from the market, install XiaomiServiceFramework with the aroma installer.
To install local (.mtz) themes, you have to have installed Mi Tools module for WSM tools, which disables Xiaomi restrctions for free themes.

These are the main bugs and their workarounds, if you have any questions or dont understand something - feel free to ask and I will help you :)

Nice Work Up
Sry 2 Say This Guys The Download Link is Not wrkng .........

Vency77

Apr 5, 2012
Plovdiv
Nice Work Up
Sry 2 Say This Guys The Download Link is Not wrkng .........

Yeah, I have accidently deleted the files from my gDrive, and I think I dont have backed up on my PC, sorry. However, Syn Drome from 4pda made an edited version of my MIUI ROM with some things tweaked and fixed, you can try it if you want (I havent tried it and I dont have a zara from quite some time): the latest version is here, or you can just download and flash it from here.
Greetings :)

Tyson12

Dec 26, 2015
Yeah, I have accidently deleted the files from my gDrive, and I think I dont have backed up on my PC, sorry. However, Syn Drome from 4pda made an edited version of my MIUI ROM with some things tweaked and fixed, you can try it if you want (I havent tried it and I dont have a zara from quite some time): the latest version is here, or you can just download and flash it from here.
Sry 4 Late Reply

Thnks 4 ur Comment and download links

I'll Try It Right Now

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

Sry 4 Late Reply

Thnks 4 ur Comment and download links

I'll Try It Right Now

orxanonline

Jun 6, 2016
Hello. thanks for the rom, its very... slick... different from others.
but there is one problem i cant work around.
i cant reboot bootloader or recovery no matter what i tried.
which mean i cant change my rom now.
power+vol down also didnt work, may be my button timing is bat but after 50 tries i dont think so.
in short... HELP!

Rog138

Mar 1, 2017
Plastic bricks

Just want to say that flashing this rom went well, but as I went to bed the next morning I woke up and had my first fully bricked phone. No power, no charging, not even the camera gets hot. Sure this phone is older than king tut himself but I was a little bummed out to see that, especially after how well InsertCoin worked for me. No explanation as to how it got bricked, it was at 51% power when I plugged it in. I had an issue with Hboot looping that wouldn't let me get into fastboot that was fixed by simply removing the sd card. Other than that nothing really funky about the installation. ZARA_UL bootloader 2.2.22. Just a fair warning, you CAN brick your device with this rom

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    sig.png

The MIUI for HTC Desire 601

ATTENTION! This thing may harm you or your device or everyone else on the earth, flash at your own risk! I'm not responsible for bricked phones, fried CPUs, dead motherboards and nuclear wars. If you get fired because of the crappy alarm app, if you dont get an umbrella because the crappy weather app told you so, if you miss a date with your crush because of the crappy calendar app, its all up to you and I dont fckin care!

I'm proudly presenting you an unofficial port of MIUIv5 for the HTC Desire 601 (zara). The ROM is based on stock JB 4.2.2 and used MIUI 4.6.13 MIUI for the HTC One S.

Screenshot_2014-10-27-16-26-07.png
    Screenshot_2014-10-27-16-26-10.png
    Screenshot_2014-10-09-22-38-34.png
    Screenshot_2014-10-09-22-38-40.png
    Screenshot_2014-10-24-00-21-47.png

*Some screenshots may have themes, wallpapers and apps installed, which means the ROM you install wont look exactly the same!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Features:

• MIUIv5 4.6.13
    • Sense based
    • Multilanguage
    • Zara_UL only, for now
    • Stock Camera for best quality
    • Stock Browser
    • Google Keyboard
    • Slimmed
    • Beats Audio
    • What else...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bugs and not properly working stuff (workarounds or fixes are in the second post):

• Native menu button(see post 2)
    • Xunlei download engine causes media errors (see post 2)
    • Built-in gallery application cant open png images and thus its removed (use QuickPic as good alternative or see post 2)
    • Built-in video application is not working (use Mx Player or QuickPic)
    • Themes engine is not working (see post 2)
    • Widget theming doesnt seem to work at all, but not good tested
    • Yellowpage is not working and it is removed but there is still icon on the launcher (only when system language is set to English or Chinese)
    • USB Mounting doesnt work, but MTP works. This means that you should set USB connect on "Charge only" and there wont be problems
    • Battery usage data isnt available in Settings app. You can see it in Security->Power->Battery Use
    • Some minor resizing
    • Thats all I can recall now, you can point me more of them buggies :D

Pay attention that I do this in my free time and updates/bug fixes aren't guaranteed. With this in mind, if you like what I did, you can consider clicking the 'Thanks' button for the posts in this thread, or even a donation via PayPal, clicking the yellow "Donate to Me" button under my profile picture. Thank you :)

My special thanks to:

• MIUI team for their wonderful work
    • Miuiandroid Team for their multilanguage ROM and Gapps
    • Google for the awesome Android
    • HTC for their nice piece of hardware
    • @dd98 for HTC One S Miui ROM and some personal help
    • @patrik.KT for testing and overall help
    • My mom, dad, and whole family
    • Whoever else I forgot to mention, I'm sorry

Continue reading......

XDA:DevDB Information
    Zara MIUIv5, ROM for the HTC Desire 601

Contributors
    Vency77
    ROM OS Version: 4.2.x Jelly Bean

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 2

Created 2014-10-27
    Last Updated 2014-11-02
    DOWNLOADS, INSTRUCTIONS, INFO, USEFUL STUFF

Before proceeding, keep in mind that the update zips are made for the kitkat hboot 2.22 (system at mmcblk0p35, data at mmcblk0p37, boot at mmcblk0p33, etc.) This means that if you are on older partition table, the ROM may break your partitions!

Installing instructions PLEASE READ THEM:
    1. Download the ROM, GAPPS and MEDIA FIX. Place them somewhere on your sdcard.
    2. Reboot to recovery and perform a data wipe
    3. Flash unofficial_miui_4.6.13_jb_4.2.2_Vency77_TF.zip
    4. Flash miuiandroid_gapps-4.2.2-small_signed-8012.zip
    5. Reboot and let the ROM boot
    6. IMPORTANT! When the ROM boots, you will see a lockscreen. DONT unlock it because you will have system media FC'es. Hold the power button, Power Off the device (dont tap Reboot, it doesnt have native 'Reboot to recovery' option), boot into bootloader->recovery, then flash fix_media_miui.zip and reboot. You shouldn't have more FC'es, but you may need to perform a reboot or two so the media can be rescaned.
      And no, this CANT be flashed when flashing ROM!
    7. Start the MIUI journey!
    8. Optional: Use the aroma installer to install some additional apps and services (list of them is below)

Removed apps:
    I have removed some apps from the rom, either because they didnt worked well, or they are useless. Here is a list and aroma zip to install some of them if you want:
    Backup.apk and BackupRestoreConfirmation.apk - used for backing up the phone with xiaomi server, which is in China, which is slow.
    HTC Gallery apps- The stock gallery with zoe and some other stuff, which can be accessed through camera or the settings app under 'Stock Settings'.
    HTC_IME.apk - the stock HTC keyboard
    MiuiGallery.apk - stock gallery. Couldn't open pngs and videos.
    PaymentService.apk - xiaomi payment service for paid themes and other stuff. Would install this only if you wish to buy themes.
    Transfer.apk - Miui transfer app, works only between MIUI phones, not tested, not sure how it works.
    Updater.apk - Completely useless as this is unofficial ROM and there wont be OTA's.
    XiaomiAuthenticator.apk - app to manage your xiaomi account. The xiaomi framework works good even without it!
    XiaomiServiceFramework.apk - this is the account service for xiaomi and the application that you'll want the most, because without it you cant download themes.

Workaround for some of the bugs:

1) There isnt menu native menu button. There are different options, the best one for me is this: download and install WSM tools(this is the xposed framework for MIUI). When installed, go to the application, framework, install the framework and reboot. Then start WSM Tools again, go to the online Tab, click "Repository" and mark 'Xposed'. Then search for GravityBox JB, install it, enable the module in WSM, reboot. Then in GravityBox you have many options for menu button - enable pie controls or go to 'Navigation keys actions' and remap home or back button.

2) The Xunlei Download Engine is crashing the media server. When flashing fix_media_miui.zip, it is disabled so there is no problem, but if you enable it in Download Manager, you will have errors again... so dont do it, and if it happens - flash the fix again :)

3) Themes are now working!
    To download themes from the market, install XiaomiServiceFramework with the aroma installer.
    To install local (.mtz) themes, you have to have installed Mi Tools module for WSM tools, which disables Xiaomi restrctions for free themes.

These are the main bugs and their workarounds, if you have any questions or dont understand something - feel free to ask and I will help you :)
    Reserved

Thread is still being updated, please be patient
    What I meant was that I noticed the files for the rom and gapps package said 4.2.2 which is Jellybean. Wasn't sure if this also works for Kitkat. Bummer about UL only, but I understand. Id be will to test for CL. Take you time, no rush though.

Sent from my cdma Virgin Mobile HTC Desire 601 zara_cl

The ROM itself is Android JB 4.2.2
    This has nothing to do with the verison you are using now, simply because now you are on KK ROM and if you flash this you will be using JB.
    It is however important what partition table and respectively what hboot version you have because of the flashable zips, which is explained in the second post with the red font.

When I find time to replace some things for a CL version, I could send them to you for a test, thanks :)
    Themes fully fixed!
    If you are using MIUI, just flash fix_theme_miui.zip
    The updated ROM is uploaded and links are fixed as unofficial_miui_4.6.13_jb_4.2.2_Vency77_TF.zip

_______
    To download themes, install the XiaomiServiceFramework.apk via the aroma installer in post 2.
    To install local downloaded themes (.mtz), you have to install Mi Tools module via WSM Tools, info in post 2.