[Q] Error message installing CWM on HTC desire 601 ? Please help

Search This thread

Brownpanda

Feb 2, 2014
I am trying to install CWM on my HTC desire 601 from rogers canada

As per instruction from this website

http://www.thetechbulletin.com/how-to-root-htc-desire-601-and-install-cwm-recovery-3281/

I tried this method

Rooting requirements
Fully charge your device, before following the process it should be charged at least 70%.
Enable USB debugging mode on your device, go to Settings->Applications-> Development-> USB debugging mode.
Unlock bootloader from here HTCdev.
Download Recovery package [mandatory]
Download ADB
Download SuperSU
How to root HTC Desire 601 and install CWM recovery
Switch of your device after downloading all the files from the above link to your computer.
Press Volume Down + Power button for few seconds, here you will see options called fastboot, using volume key select this option.
Now you need to connect your device to your PC using USB cable.
Now extract the ADB file and save it on your desktop
Copy the recovery package you have downloaded to the folder where you have extracted the ABD file.
Now open the command prompt there from that folder, press Shift+Right Click and choose the option ‘open command prompt here‘ and write the following command.
fastboot flash recovery philz_touch_6.08.7-zara.img
This will install CWM recovery on your device. After completion of the process just reboot it.
Now again connect your device to your PC and transfer the SuperSU zip file to your device’s SD card.
Now Turn off your device and boot into recovery mode, to do so Volume Down+Power Button and this time select recovery using volume rocker Key.
In recovery mode you will see several option, select ‘install zip from SD card‘ and browse the file you just copied into your device’s SD card and hit enter to begin the rooting process.
That’s it, you have successfully installed CWM and rooted your HTC Desire 601.

When i try to flash recovery image using this command

fastboot flash recovery philz_touch_6.08.7-zara.img

its coming back with an error message

C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Android Unlocking Tools\HTC desire 601\android>fastboot
flash recovery philz_touch_6.08.7-zara. img
target reported max download size of 801906688 bytes
error: cannot load 'philz_touch_6.08.7-zara.': No error

Could anybody please help me in this

PS : I already unlocked boot loader and trying to install CWM on this phone

Child's Play

Apr 27, 2014
Put the recovery.img in the platform-tools folder and hold the shift key and right-click in the empty space then select "open command window here" then flash the recovery.img via fastboot

Brownpanda

Feb 2, 2014
Put the recovery.img in the platform-tools folder and hold the shift key and right-click in the empty space then select "open command window here" then flash the recovery.img via fastboot

Thats what i did , but sorry never seen this message before , i have flashed few HTC before. Do you know what this error message means ?

Brownpanda

Feb 2, 2014

Thanks a lot , its done , just bit USB port issue , CWM is installed now I am trying to do insertcoin rom on this one. Will let you know how it goes ...

Feb 8, 2017
Im getting the same error message.

It also wont let me unlock the bootloader on the HTC website. Is the anyway you can help me out -- Child's Play-- It says an error after i submit my token i have no clue and its very important to that i get root lol if you know what i mean . All my drivers are updated everything is correct. Could it possibly be because i downloaded a command prompt , only because my windows xp doesnt pop up with a command line option when i shift+right click. PLEASE i really need help im so frustrated and i dont give up lol. thanks guys