[ROM] [13 Mar 2016] CyanogenMod 12.1 [5.1.1] [Beta4]

Search This thread

MiniBlu

Aug 2, 2013
brisbane
CyanogenMod 12.1 is a free, community built distribution of Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

These are unofficial Beta builds of CM12.1 for the HTC Desire 610.
To hear about the latest updates and changes to CyanogenMod as a whole, you can follow +CyanogenMod on Google+!
My change log is in post #2.

Code:
#include <stddisclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

What doesn't work yet

- NFC
- GPS

Installation Instructions

1. You must unlock your bootloader or be S-OFF.
2. You must have a custom recovery installed that allows SELinux. Get TWRP build for HTC Desire 610 from here.
3. Download the current HTC Desire 610 build from here. If you want TWRP to check your downloads integrity put this md5 file in the same foleder as the rom zip.
4. Get Gapps from here.
5. Fully wipe your device from TWRP Recovery. eg WIPE > SWIPE to Factory Reset.
6. Install Rom and Gapps from TWRP Recovery then Wipe dalvic and cache then Reboot.

Credits

- CyanogenMod Team.
- u-ra for his work on the MEMUL which I used as a template to bring up the A3UL.
- zihan for his assistance in moving forward to lollpop.
If I have missed anyone please let me know and I will happily add to the credits.

XDA:DevDB Information
CM12.1 for HTC Desire 610, ROM for the HTC Desire 610

Contributors
MiniBlu, zihan
Source Code: https://github.com/MiniBlu

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
Current Beta Version: Beta4
Beta Release Date: 2016-03-13

Created 2016-02-29
Last Updated 2016-03-22

Last edited:

MiniBlu

Aug 2, 2013
brisbane
Change Log

-Beta 4 (13 Mar 2016)
- misc audio fixes
- Include webgl
- video library updates
- removed some incompatible duplicate libraries
- re-synced to upstream sources(March 1 security level patches).

- Beta 2 (5 Mar 2016)
- Fixed AudioFx
- Fixed Fm Radio
- Misc sound improvements
-Improved bluetooth performance
- Modified permissions to allow non system apps to write to external_sd

- Initial Release (Beta 1) 29 Feb 2016
- fixed WiFi
- I haven't modified the permissions to allow non system apps to write to the external sd card. So if you want your play store apps to be able to write to external_sd you will need to install the "SDFix" app by NextApp then let it do it's thing and reboot. (you can uninstall the app once it's rebooted and the fix will stay)
- See post below for a fix for the audiofx bug.​

Last edited:

MiniBlu

Aug 2, 2013
brisbane
Optional Extras

- To increase in call volumes on beta4 and earlier builds flash this.

- To improve camera picture quality on beta4 build and earlier flash this.

- To fix the AudioFx crashing bug on the 1st release(29 Feb 2016) just flash this update zip . It just updates a few audiofx libs. Do not on newer builds.

Last edited:

buyakk

Mar 29, 2011
What kernel can you recommend? That from zihan thread or Jmz one?

Last edited:

magicstick5

Dec 31, 2014
Any way to get a stock DPI on lollipop?
For example, in some pics of setting menu online, it is not as big.
I know this has to do with DPI, and changing it can cause compatibility issues, but I just wanna know what DPI I should use for a stock look DPI.
Changing it causes now launcher to look weird. Any suggestions?

MiniBlu

Aug 2, 2013
brisbane
So far so good MiniBlu i noticed that even my games are running way better then before very nice work from you keep it up,

Only bug i've found is that the audiofx crashes when i try to open it

Yes, I noticed that late last night. I'll look into it.

What kernel can you recommend? That from zihan thread or Jmz one?

I rcomend the kernel that comes with the rom. The jmz kernel is for 4.4 stock roms and will not work with this rom. zihan hasn't released a flashable kernel yet but his sources and mine are almost identical as he based his work of my 4.4 cm kernel. I your wanting to build your own kernel the @zihans sources are the way to go at the moment.

Any way to get a stock DPI on lollipop?
For example, in some pics of setting menu online, it is not as big.
I know this has to do with DPI, and changing it can cause compatibility issues, but I just wanna know what DPI I should use for a stock look DPI.
Changing it causes now launcher to look weird. Any suggestions?

240 dpi is the stock dpi it just looks different in cm. I would just changs launches and text size settings. You can also change dpi from in cm settings > display & lights with out changing build prop.

Nice work!:) This rom is compatible with the xposed framework? Sorry but for me the xposed is very important...
On Google it says 5.1 is compatible

It definately should be but I haven't tried it yet. Give it a go, and let me know.

magicstick5

Dec 31, 2014
Note to people who want xposed.
Tried it out, but I got bootloops (you have to use a different method than kk).
If you see the flashable zip type of installation, it yields a bootloops.
Will search around for solutions.

MiniBlu

Aug 2, 2013
brisbane
Note to people who want xposed.
Tried it out, but I got bootloops (you have to use a different method than kk).
If you see the flashable zip type of installation, it yields a bootloops.
Will search around for solutions.

There is a whole different installer for lollipop. I'll find it and post a link latter.

PS - To fix audiofx just flash this. It just updates some soundfx libs and configs.

For xposed install this zip file from twrp. Then reboot (it will take quite a while to reboot so just be patient. Then install this apk. then go in to xposed app and in framework press reboot. If you like HTC sence 7 look and apps try installing "Sensify" module to get htc service pack and set up permisions to unlock all HTC apps on playstore (even camera although I haven't tested it yet). edit - sensify doesn't actually work but xposed does.

Last edited:
Reactions: zihan and Fishcat7

buyakk

Mar 29, 2011
I encountered problem with installing TWPR 3.0, after flash device goes to strange loop where instead of system, recovery is opened

MiniBlu

Aug 2, 2013
brisbane
I encountered problem with installing TWPR 3.0, after flash device goes to strange loop where instead of system, recovery is opened

Sounds like system patition got corrupt. Check to make sure you installed the corect twrp(for a3ul not some other device) as long as its the right one(if not intall the correct 1 with windroid tool) then use TWRP > WIPE > ADVANCED WIPE > and tick the boxes for system, data, cache and dalvic and swipe to format them, then return to main menu and install cm12.1 (or CM11) following the instuctions in the OP and you should be fine.

Last edited:

MiniBlu

Aug 2, 2013
brisbane
Even beta works like a charm with the audiofx fix.

Thanks, it is going pretty well. Actually there is a new build upoading now (it will take a few hours to upload with my sh*t interneet connection so I probably won't post the link till the morning) It has a few good improvements. ie - better bluetooth performance, properly fixed speaker phone (louder and less echo), a few extra sound improvements (on top of the audiofx fix) and fixed permisions for non system apps writting to external_sd. :D

0xPraeT0Rian

Dec 22, 2014
Timișoara
Yeah, even the headset volume is a bit low(with earplugs) but that's something i could live with.
Looking forward for the new version, great job man...the support for this device was dead.

zihan

May 14, 2012
China
There is a whole different installer for lollipop. I'll find it and post a link latter.

PS - To fix audiofx just flash this. It just updates some soundfx libs and configs.

For xposed install this zip file from twrp. Then reboot (it will take quite a while to reboot so just be patient. Then install this apk. then go in to xposed app and in framework press reboot. If you like HTC sence 7 look and apps try installing "Sensify" module to get htc service pack and set up permisions to unlock all HTC apps on playstore (even camera although I haven't tested it yet). edit - sensify doesn't actually work but xposed does.
Thanks ,I was updated the audio configuration files for devices tree.

Reactions: DaGWaR

MiniBlu

Aug 2, 2013
brisbane
Thanks ,I was updated the audio configuration files for devices tree.

Cool. I have actually made quite a few changes to both device and vendor. I'll upload my stuff to git tomorrow and you can take a look and cherrypick what you want to commit.

The new build is uploaded just putting up the links now.

MiniBlu

Aug 2, 2013
brisbane
New Release is up in OP

Change Log
- Beta2 Release 1 Mar 2016

- Fixed AudioFx crashing
- Fixed speaker phone (louder with less echo)
- Improved bluetooth perfomance (new btuetooth cal)
- Various sound improvements ( nex mixer_paths.xml, handset cal, headset_cal, new device config files)
- Improves sdcard sccess (modified permisions to allow non system apps to write to external sd card)

Reactions: Niqx_

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 12.1 is a free, community built distribution of Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

These are unofficial Beta builds of CM12.1 for the HTC Desire 610.
    To hear about the latest updates and changes to CyanogenMod as a whole, you can follow +CyanogenMod on Google+!
    My change log is in post #2.

Code:
    #include <stddisclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

What doesn't work yet

- NFC
    - GPS

Installation Instructions

1. You must unlock your bootloader or be S-OFF.
    2. You must have a custom recovery installed that allows SELinux. Get TWRP build for HTC Desire 610 from here.
    3. Download the current HTC Desire 610 build from here. If you want TWRP to check your downloads integrity put this md5 file in the same foleder as the rom zip.
    4. Get Gapps from here.
    5. Fully wipe your device from TWRP Recovery. eg WIPE > SWIPE to Factory Reset.
    6. Install Rom and Gapps from TWRP Recovery then Wipe dalvic and cache then Reboot.

Credits

- CyanogenMod Team.
    - u-ra for his work on the MEMUL which I used as a template to bring up the A3UL.
    - zihan for his assistance in moving forward to lollpop.
    If I have missed anyone please let me know and I will happily add to the credits.

XDA:DevDB Information
    CM12.1 for HTC Desire 610, ROM for the HTC Desire 610

Contributors
    MiniBlu, zihan
    Source Code: https://github.com/MiniBlu

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: Beta4
    Beta Release Date: 2016-03-13

Created 2016-02-29
    Last Updated 2016-03-22
    Change Log

-Beta 4 (13 Mar 2016)
    - misc audio fixes
    - Include webgl
    - video library updates
    - removed some incompatible duplicate libraries
    - re-synced to upstream sources(March 1 security level patches).

- Beta 2 (5 Mar 2016)
    - Fixed AudioFx
    - Fixed Fm Radio
    - Misc sound improvements
    -Improved bluetooth performance
    - Modified permissions to allow non system apps to write to external_sd

- Initial Release (Beta 1) 29 Feb 2016
    - fixed WiFi
    - I haven't modified the permissions to allow non system apps to write to the external sd card. So if you want your play store apps to be able to write to external_sd you will need to install the "SDFix" app by NextApp then let it do it's thing and reboot. (you can uninstall the app once it's rebooted and the fix will stay)
    - See post below for a fix for the audiofx bug.​
    Optional Extras

- To increase in call volumes on beta4 and earlier builds flash this.

- To improve camera picture quality on beta4 build and earlier flash this.

- To fix the AudioFx crashing bug on the 1st release(29 Feb 2016) just flash this update zip . It just updates a few audiofx libs. Do not on newer builds.
    Reserved

Reserved
    Has this project been dropped?
    Not completely dropped. I did a cm13 build last weekend that is almost good enough to go public as a testing build.:)