[ROM] [5.0.2] Official CyanogenMod 12 for Desire 816

Search This thread

Grarak

Recognized Developer
Jan 16, 2012
Vienna
CyanogenMod 12 is a free, community built distribution of Android 5.0 (Lollipop) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

This is the official Nightly Build of CM 12 for the HTC Desire 816 (all variants).

To hear about the latest updates and changes to CyanogenMod as a whole, please follow +CyanogenMod on Google+!
Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

Installation Instructions
  1. You must unlock your bootloader via htcdev.com (unless ofc you are on the dev edition).
  2. You must have a custom recovery installed
  3. Go to http://get.cm/?device=a5 and download the latest CM12.0 nightly.
  4. Locate 5.0 Gapps via a quick Google search.
  5. Fully wipe your device from Recovery if you are not coming from CM12.0 already.
  6. Reboot into recovery and install.

Changelog

XDA:DevDB Information
CM 12 Desire 816, ROM for the HTC Desire 816

Contributors
Grarak, v_superuser
ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2014-11-11
Last Updated 2015-01-24

Last edited:

Grarak

Recognized Developer
Jan 16, 2012
Vienna
Please read before installing or posting
Dualsim variants (a5dwg, a5dug) are supported, but not fully functional. It's not possible to make calls if you selected 2G as preferred network mode. This is a known issue so please do not post any report about that! I would suggest you to only use one sim card with the dualsim variants.

Last edited:

gravityone

Dec 30, 2007
This is what i've been waiting for to root and flash... thank you! will wait for further progress though.. but excited to see what's coming!thanks!

FoxyDrew

Aug 18, 2014
East Taunton
I forgot about that

Just redownload the rom (I uploaded a new zip)

Whoa, now I'm getting this. IMG_20141111_205408.jpg

Tried downloading twice in case I got a bad download, and I restored my backup just fine so I don't think any of my partitions are screwed up?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 12 is a free, community built distribution of Android 5.0 (Lollipop) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

This is the official Nightly Build of CM 12 for the HTC Desire 816 (all variants).

To hear about the latest updates and changes to CyanogenMod as a whole, please follow +CyanogenMod on Google+!
    Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Installation Instructions
    1. You must unlock your bootloader via htcdev.com (unless ofc you are on the dev edition).
    2. You must have a custom recovery installed
    3. Go to http://get.cm/?device=a5 and download the latest CM12.0 nightly.
    4. Locate 5.0 Gapps via a quick Google search.
    5. Fully wipe your device from Recovery if you are not coming from CM12.0 already.
    6. Reboot into recovery and install.

Changelog

XDA:DevDB Information
    CM 12 Desire 816, ROM for the HTC Desire 816

Contributors
    Grarak, v_superuser
    ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2014-11-11
    Last Updated 2015-01-24
    Just an update to tease you guys

No bugs left anymore except FM Radio.
    Because I'm getting tons of messages everyday of people asking me where to download the rom.

I started nightly builds again

But I will keep this thread closed

And stop send me messages
    I decided not to release any builds until christmas or CM nightlies are out
    Mate, please show some kind of interaction with your community.

You never answer or almost and when you do, you often do it with very agressive words and disrespectful way of telling things.

I'm flashing since years, and i 've never saw a talented dev like you with such an arrogant way of answering to people who are asking things.

"Stop posting here". Who do you think you are to tell this to anybody? Show a bit of respect. You are not forced to fullfill requests of your users, but if you dont, at least respect them.
    Screenshots, even for a CM rom (yes we know to what it looks like), or at least a changelog from version to another could be a good thing.

Think about this, and remember : as talented as you are, you remain a seventeen years old kid and have to learn respect for the future.

No
    Even I am seventeen I am still doing this for free
    Be glad I share this with the " community"
    Do you really think care about the users?
    And why should I show respect?
    I am investigating my time to provide you all the latest updates I could also take down this here

For now I going to stop the nightlies

Sent from my D816w using XDA Free mobile app