By Kellwa, Senior Member on 8th February 2016, 12:29 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd June 2016, 02:50 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSaidyiu

Maybe there should be some place storing some system auto recovery files that will restore every reboot. The problem is that I have no clue in knowing where these files are stored due to insufficient rights ( I am still S-ON ). Maybe someone with a S-OFFed device can dig into this problem and find a way to resolve this restriction!

My phone is S-Off
I replaced the default animation file with mine and when rebooted non of them showd (default - mine) instead of that a black image with big android word animation
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	2.1 KB
ID:	3770180  

2nd June 2016, 02:57 PM |#12  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellwa

My phone is S-Off
I replaced the default animation file with mine and when rebooted non of them showd (default - mine) instead of that a black image with big android word animation

You replaced thee hTC_bootup.zip in /system/customize/resource, right?
Maybe the boot animation you made is not as the same format as the stock one in MM, or maybe more permission has to be given ( eg rwxrwxrwx ) to make the boot animation come alive?
2nd June 2016, 03:03 PM |#13  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

You replaced thee hTC_bootup.zip in /system/customize/resource, right?
Maybe the boot animation you made is not as the same format as the stock one in MM, or maybe more permission has to be given ( eg rwxrwxrwx ) to make the boot animation come alive?

Thats may be true
I will try my best to see if i can make the same format
I searched google but could't find anyone that changed boot animation on Marshmallow even on other devices
2nd June 2016, 03:04 PM |#14  
Quote:

Thats may be true
I will try my best to see if i can make the same format
I searched google but could't find anyone that changed boot animation on Marshmallow even on other devices

Have you tried giving it the most permission, does it work?
2nd June 2016, 03:14 PM |#15  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Have you tried giving it the most permission, does it work?

No i didn't
For the past few days i have been formating and flashing alot on my mobile and i need it right know i don't have spare phone
As soon as i can i will start playing with it again hahahah
2nd June 2016, 03:15 PM |#16  
Quote:

No i didn't
For the past few days i have been formating and flashing alot on my mobile and i need it right know i don't have spare phone
As soon as i can i will start playing with it again hahahah

I just cant wait to hear from you again soon!

Sent from my HTC Desire 820u via Tapatalk
3rd June 2016, 07:08 AM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 1,201

More
editing build.prop in /system
Quote:

......some place storing some system auto recovery files that will restore every reboot....

another /system related issue: i edited build.prop in /system using MiXplorer File Manager. i changed the line ro.sf.lcd_density=320 to ro.sf.lcd_density=260. i granted root access and the file got saved. i cross-checked this before rebooting. upon rebooting, i was surprised to see the resolution had not changed. on checking build.prop the line was found to be remaining as ro.sf.lcd_density=320 itself. so, how can i effect this dpi change without installing an app?
3rd June 2016, 07:11 AM |#18  
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0han

another /system related issue: i edited build.prop in /system using MiXplorer File Manager. i changed the line ro.sf.lcd_density=320 to ro.sf.lcd_density=260. i granted root access and the file got saved. i cross-checked this before rebooting. upon rebooting, i was surprised to see the resolution had not changed. on checking build.prop the line was found to be remaining as ro.sf.lcd_density=320 itself. so, how can i effect this dpi change without installing an app?

I also encounter this problem, looks like my theory satisfied.

4th June 2016, 06:27 AM |#19  

More
Quote:

....the resolution had not changed. on checking build.prop the line was found to be remaining as ro.sf.lcd_density=320 itself....

if anyone really wants to change dpi, use the two files attached here. put them in the same location and flash 'tweakprop-0.5.2.zip' from recovery; you'll get 260 dpi. edit the line ro.sf.lcd_density=260 in the file tweak.prop if you want a different value.

p.s.: .txt has been added to the file tweak.prop to enable uploading here. rename the file to just tweak.prop before use.

edit: credits go to the person who did this. can't recall where i found this tweak; i'm just glad it works for me. enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: zip tweakprop-0.5.2.zip - [Click for QR Code] (2.0 KB, 16 views)
File Type: txt tweak.prop.txt - [Click for QR Code] (904 Bytes, 20 views)
4th June 2016, 07:39 AM |#20  
Quote:

if anyone really wants to change dpi, use the two files attached here. put them in the same location and flash 'tweakprop-0.5.2.zip' from recovery; you'll get 260 dpi. edit the line ro.sf.lcd_density=260 in the file tweak.prop if you want a different value.

p.s.: .txt has been added to the file tweak.prop to enable uploading here. rename the file to just tweak.prop before use.

edit: credits go to the person who did this. can't recall where i found this tweak; i'm just glad it works for me. enjoy!

Can you also help make a flashable zip for changing ro.build.type from "user" to "userdebug"? I want the hidden split-screen function so much…

4th June 2016, 09:38 AM |#21  

More
Quote:

Can you also help make a flashable zip for changing ro.build.type from "user" to "userdebug"? I want the hidden split-screen function so much…

i'm not knowledgeable enough; just thinking out loud. maybe experts can help. this is the tweak.prop file:
Code:
# 	 ======================================
# 	| Dynamic automated build.prop editing |
# 	|              --by kl3--              |
# 	 ======================================
#
# Personal file located at /sdcard/0/tweak.prop
#
# For help, please create an issue on https://notabug.org/kl3/tweakprop
# or visit the official XDA-Thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=2664332
#
# If you want to backup your build.prop before editing, uncomment the following line
# or specify a custom path. Already existing backup files will be overridden.
#

BACKUP=y|Y|yes|Yes|YES		# creates /sdcard/build.prop.backup since tweak.prop resides there
#BACKUP=n|N|no|No|NO		# same as commented out, just there for completeness
#BACKUP=/foo/bar/foo.bar	# chose your own path

#
# simply add your entries below
#

# set exactly this entry even if it overrides the already existing value
ro.sf.lcd_density=260
why don't you replace the last line with ro.build.type=userdebug and save it and then flash the tweakprop-0.5.2.zip file?
of course, you should first make a backup before treading uncharted territory. restore the backup if things go wrong.

btw, what is "the hidden split-screen function"? any pics anywhere?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)