[boot-animation] HTC Desire 820 boot animation

Search This thread

m0han

Can you also help make a flashable zip for changing ro.build.type from "user" to "userdebug"? I want the hidden split-screen function so much…
i'm not knowledgeable enough; just thinking out loud. maybe experts can help. this is the tweak.prop file:
Code:
# 	 ======================================
# 	| Dynamic automated build.prop editing |
# 	|              --by kl3--              |
# 	 ======================================
#
# Personal file located at /sdcard/0/tweak.prop
#
# For help, please create an issue on https://notabug.org/kl3/tweakprop
# or visit the official XDA-Thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=2664332
#
# If you want to backup your build.prop before editing, uncomment the following line
# or specify a custom path. Already existing backup files will be overridden.
#

BACKUP=y|Y|yes|Yes|YES		# creates /sdcard/build.prop.backup since tweak.prop resides there
#BACKUP=n|N|no|No|NO		# same as commented out, just there for completeness
#BACKUP=/foo/bar/foo.bar	# chose your own path

#
# simply add your entries below
#

# set exactly this entry even if it overrides the already existing value
[COLOR="Sienna"]ro.sf.lcd_density=260[/COLOR]
why don't you replace the last line with ro.build.type=userdebug and save it and then flash the tweakprop-0.5.2.zip file?
of course, you should first make a backup before treading uncharted territory. restore the backup if things go wrong.

btw, what is "the hidden split-screen function"? any pics anywhere?

iXaidyiu

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 18, 2015
In My Drunk Mess
Sony Xperia Z
Sony Xperia Z2
i'm not knowledgeable enough; just thinking out loud. maybe experts can help. this is the tweak.prop file:
Code:
#  ======================================
# | Dynamic automated build.prop editing |
# |              --by kl3--              |
#  ======================================
#
# Personal file located at /sdcard/0/tweak.prop
#
# For help, please create an issue on https://notabug.org/kl3/tweakprop
# or visit the official XDA-Thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=2664332
#
# If you want to backup your build.prop before editing, uncomment the following line
# or specify a custom path. Already existing backup files will be overridden.
#

BACKUP=y|Y|yes|Yes|YES# creates /sdcard/build.prop.backup since tweak.prop resides there
#BACKUP=n|N|no|No|NO# same as commented out, just there for completeness
#BACKUP=/foo/bar/foo.bar# chose your own path

#
# simply add your entries below
#

# set exactly this entry even if it overrides the already existing value
[COLOR="Sienna"]ro.sf.lcd_density=260[/COLOR]
why don't you replace the last line with ro.build.type=userdebug and save it and then flash the tweakprop-0.5.2.zip file?
of course, you should first make a backup before treading uncharted territory. restore the backup if things go wrong.

btw, what is "the hidden split-screen function"? any pics anywhere?
Like the TouchWiz one, but this is much more simplified. You may do a search in Youtube them lots of results will come up.

Sent from my HTC Desire 820u via Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

if anyone really wants to change dpi, use the two files attached here. put them in the same location and flash 'tweakprop-0.5.2.zip' from recovery; you'll get 260 dpi. edit the line ro.sf.lcd_density=260 in the file tweak.prop if you want a different value.

p.s.: .txt has been added to the file tweak.prop to enable uploading here. rename the file to just tweak.prop before use.

edit: credits go to the person who did this. can't recall where i found this tweak; i'm just glad it works for me. enjoy!
Is it normal to have just META-INF folder appears here?
And should I just place the tweak.prop right in the root directory of the zip file?
ce647dbec6e92e3c911e60766f4068a5.jpg

Last edited:

m0han

...should I just place the tweak.prop right in the root directory of the zip file?....
place both files in the same location (root directory of your internal storage or external sd card).
or simply flash the attached zip alone after taking a backup. see if you get the desired change in build.prop.

Attachments

• TweakProp.zip
    124.3 KB · Views: 10

Kellwa

Jan 16, 2013
@iSaidyiu
Multi window is working for me
Just edit what you want in build.prop and place in system folder
My phone is S-Off maybe thats why it worked for me
But ypu can copy build.prop file to pc and edit it as you like the put it on sdcard and copy it to system using twrp file manager , i think that should work even if S-ON

iXaidyiu

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 18, 2015
In My Drunk Mess
Sony Xperia Z
Sony Xperia Z2
@iSaidyiu
Multi window is working for me
Just edit what you want in build.prop and place in system folder
My phone is S-Off maybe thats why it worked for me
But ypu can copy build.prop file to pc and edit it as you like the put it on sdcard and copy it to system using twrp file manager , i think that should work even if S-ON
I have tried both method but still no changes applied after reboot. Maybe I have to consider turn my phone S-OFF. Btw, can S-OFFed phones receive and install OTA? I think it cannot. Another thing is that will thw XTC2Clip method wipe my device? I searched on the web but nothing related found…

Last edited:

Kellwa

Jan 16, 2013
I have tried both method but still no changes applied after reboot. Maybe I have to consider turn my phone S-OFF. Btw, can S-OFFed phones receive and install OTA? I think it cannot. Another thing is that will thw XTC2Clip method wipe my device? I searched on the web but nothing related found…

S-OFFed phone will receive OTA because mine did and i updated many times
I think XTC2Clip will wipe your data but not system, i s-offed my phone with it and as i remember it wiped the data
If you want to s-off just remember to get supercid after that , this will let you flash any RUU variant on your phone (take a note of your original cid in case you want it back)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i just want to share a boot animation that i made for my d820u
    and i think it will work on other models with the same resolution (720*1280)

How To install it:
    1. Dowbload hTC_bootup.zip
    2. copy it to the phone
    3. make backup of current boot animation in /system/customize/resource (copy it to any folder in SDcard)
    4. using any root explorer copy the downloaded zip to /system/customize/resource and replace the old one
    5. set the file permissions to 644
    6. reboot and enjoy

Note: Your boot animation may be named something else than hTC_bootup.zip that's depending on which ROM you are using , so just rename the file to the name you see in your ROM

attachment.php
    Hi Kellwa.I did exactly how u wrote-change the old file,set permission to 0644,but after reboot the same boot animation.In root explorer in the folder backed old hTC_bootup.zip...:( Htc desire820n.
    Rooted,TWRP installed,MM,xposed,busybox

Tried it in Marshmallow but did not work
    Don't know why, am sorry
    If anyone make it to work please tell