25th March 2016, 04:34 PM |#21  
Flag LanZhou
Thanks Meter: 749

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0han

hi guys,
i've got hold of an htc desire 820 Dual SIM phone (India).
i'm not familiar with 'fiddling with' htc phones.
please help me root and install twrp recovery on this phone.
@Gibz97, @Vivacity, how do i get stock recovery out of this phone?
btw, what other name is this phone known by - like D820s / D820ys / D820ts / D820us?
p.s.: if this is not the right thread, please point me to the right one. thanks.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/desi...overy-t3232331
http://forum.xda-developers.com/desi...urope-t3287214

Your device model is a51_dtul (desire 820)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kinghunki For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kinghunki Ad-Free

25th March 2016, 05:09 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 1,157

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinghunki

http://forum.xda-developers.com/desi...overy-t3232331
http://forum.xda-developers.com/desi...urope-t3287214
Your device model is a51_dtul (desire 820)

thank you. i read your post. no fix yet for that issue?
hope you've seen my post requesting an alternate link.
6th April 2016, 06:47 AM |#23  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Thank you
Thank you very mucn I can flash kitkat with no bootloader unlock
The Following User Says Thank You to Para60 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Para60 Ad-Free
13th April 2016, 05:52 AM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibz97

LOLLIPOP
B. FLASHING TWRP
1. Download mini-Sdk mini-sdk
2. Extract it
3. Open command prompt(Click in the extracted folder and press shift and right click then choose to open command prompt here)
4. Boot phone into Download mode by switching off the phone then hold power and volume down buttons
and connect to PC with a USB cable
5. On the command prompt, Type: fastboot flash recovery <name of recovery.img>
example: fastboot flash recovery twrp_lollipop_tw.img
6. Reboot Bootloader==> Reboot recovery

Downloads
TWRP Recoveries
TWRP Recovery 3.0.0-0 Desire 820s [Lollipop WWE]

I tried this on Desire 820s [Lollipop WWE]. On the 5th step when I give the command it says "waiting for the device" & nothing beyond that.

How to overcome this? Please help.
13th April 2016, 09:55 AM |#25  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 277

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kav4

I tried this on Desire 820s [Lollipop WWE]. On the 5th step when I give the command it says "waiting for the device" & nothing beyond that.

How to overcome this? Please help.

It is a drivers issue, try using another USB port
The Following User Says Thank You to Gibz97 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Gibz97 Ad-Free
14th April 2016, 12:19 PM |#26  

More
Quote:

It is a drivers issue, try using another USB port

I updated my 820s to lollipop & installed TWRP as well. After that I tried to restore my SMS backup through Titanium Backup. But instead of SMS I have restored, phone dialer. Then it started giving me error message every 2-3 seconds without letting me do anything on the phone. Also it stopped detecting the network. Then I reboot the phone to TWRP & instead of doing a data wipe, I have selected "system" wipe.

Now the phone does not boot. It stay at white HTC screen & does not go beyond that. I have to wait till the battery fully dead to make the phone off. I tried to reflash Lollipop through sp flash tool but it does not let me. Can you please let me know what can I do to correct this?
14th April 2016, 12:34 PM |#27  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kav4

I updated my 820s to lollipop & installed TWRP as well. After that I tried to restore my SMS backup through Titanium Backup. But instead of SMS I have restored, phone dialer. Then it started giving me error message every 2-3 seconds without letting me do anything on the phone. Also it stopped detecting the network. Then I reboot the phone to TWRP & instead of doing a data wipe, I have selected "system" wipe.

Now the phone does not boot. It stay at white HTC screen & does not go beyond that. I have to wait till the battery fully dead to make the phone off. I tried to reflash Lollipop through sp flash tool but it does not let me. Can you please let me know what can I do to correct this?

Press and hold volume up button while connecting phone to PC and continue holding until SP Flash Tool starts to flash.
Next time please either post or send private message, don't do both. Thank you
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gibz97 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Gibz97 Ad-Free
14th April 2016, 01:35 PM |#28  

More
Quote:

Press and hold volume up button while connecting phone to PC and continue holding until SP Flash Tool starts to flash.
Next time please either post or send private message, don't do both. Thank you

Sorry for the delay. I had to wait for the phone battery to fully down & then recharge half to test. That was because the phone was stucked & I could not power off to test. After sending the private message, I thought you may not look at them. That's why I posted here.
Anyway now I have fully flashed the lollipop & it's working fine.

Thank you for your time.
The Following User Says Thank You to kav4 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kav4 Ad-Free
14th April 2016, 06:57 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi, my situation is that my device is rooted, (i used kingoroot) and i have flashed cwm recovery, I am unfamiliar with the term "unlock bootloader" does this mean having a custom recovery? and is cwm ok to proceed with these steps? or should i use twrp? if so would you know how i can go about changing it to twrp? thanks for any help
14th April 2016, 08:30 PM |#30  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonz1

Hi, my situation is that my device is rooted, (i used kingoroot) and i have flashed cwm recovery, I am unfamiliar with the term "unlock bootloader" does this mean having a custom recovery? and is cwm ok to proceed with these steps? or should i use twrp? if so would you know how i can go about changing it to twrp? thanks for any help

Unlocking the bootloader is only necessary if you are on Lollipop, if you are on Kitkat you can just flash TWRP and it will replace CWM and does not need unlocking of the bootloader
15th April 2016, 02:45 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

Unlocking the bootloader is only necessary if you are on Lollipop, if you are on Kitkat you can just flash TWRP and it will replace CWM and does not need unlocking of the bootloader

Ok now to flash TWRP which option under 'Downloads' should i proceed with? The 3.0 820s (Lollipop WWE)?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)