FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[RUU] Stock FW KitKat 4.4 For Desire 820U Dual Sim ASIA_INDIA

219 posts
Thanks Meter: 165
 
By sshivampp, Senior Member on 3rd October 2015, 08:31 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
For product: a51_dtul
Download the firmware from here

Note 1: If you get "Waiting for device", install drivers properly.
Note 2:The zip will not extract, you have to use it directly without extracting. So don't bother trying to extract the zip, it will always give you error.
Note 3: If using windows 8/8.1/10, make sure to disable driver signature check before installing drivers.

Install fastboot drivers from below if not installed previously..

FastbootDrivers1 or FastbootDrivers2

Download fastboot tools from the attachement, extract it somewhere..
Method 1: pushing the RUU through PC

Now place the above downloaded zip inside the same folder having "fastboot.exe" and rename it to "firmware.zip"
Open command prompt onto the current folder (Shift+Right Click on the folder then select "Open Command Window here")
Boot into fastboot mode (Vol down+ Power then select fastboot)

Now type the commands as given below..

1. fastboot reboot-bootloader
2. fastboot oem lock (If Bootloader is Unlocked previously otherwise skip)
3. fastboot oem rebootRUU

wait for silver htc logo

3. fastboot flash zip firmware.zip

Now some progress bar should appear onto you phone. Wait for it to finish, after that

4. fastboot reboot

Method 2: from the phone itself thanks to @Kellwa
1- Lock the bootloader using fastboot oem lock command
2- Rename the downloaded zip to 0PFJIMG.zip
3- Put the file on sd card and insert it into mobile
4- Reboot into bootloader and it will ask you if you want to update
5- Press VOL UP to say yes
Attached Files
File Type: zip Fastboot and adb.zip - [Click for QR Code] (507.3 KB, 4710 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sshivampp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sshivampp Ad-Free
 
 
6th October 2015, 04:31 AM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag Shaoxing, China
Thanks Meter: 77
 
More
Thumbs up
you are amazing dude.... where did you found the indian firmware from. Had been searching for it since ages.... Thanks a tonn...
6th October 2015, 12:57 PM |#3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by harshad_kp

you are amazing dude.... where did you found the indian firmware from. Had been searching for it since ages.... Thanks a tonn...


Urgent Help Needed..

I lost my boot partition after upgrading to Lolipop due to some mistake while using fastboot..

Please extract the boot.img from lolipop update zip file and upload.. This will be a great help for me..

My phone is dead as of now..
6th October 2015, 01:09 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Flag Shaoxing, China
Thanks Meter: 77
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheInvader

Urgent Help Needed..

I lost my boot partition after upgrading to Lolipop due to some mistake while using fastboot..

Please extract the boot.img from lolipop update zip file and upload.. This will be a great help for me..

My phone is dead as of now..

Downloading the update now... Will add boot.img as soon as its done
6th October 2015, 01:20 PM |#5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by harshad_kp

Downloading the update now... Will add boot.img as soon as its done

Bro you are my only hope for now

Please make sure t backup the zip.. at any cost....
6th October 2015, 01:48 PM |#6  
sshivampp's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 165
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by harshad_kp

Downloading the update now... Will add boot.img as soon as its done

I need it too bro

Just make sure you get a copy of OTA zip from phone and Upload the boot.img

Thanks in advance..
6th October 2015, 02:23 PM |#7  
Junior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I am downloading OTA since past 6 hours, every time it gets corrupted and starts from 0, I am fed up. I want to update right now and I found this thread, so this is the official HTC Stock 5.0 ROM for HTC Desire 820 Dual SIM ? Has anyone tried flashing it "SUCCESSFULLY" via fastboot?
6th October 2015, 02:29 PM |#8  
sshivampp's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 165
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by imran27

I am downloading OTA since past 6 hours, every time it gets corrupted and starts from 0, I am fed up. I want to update right now and I found this thread, so this is the official HTC Stock 5.0 ROM for HTC Desire 820 Dual SIM ? Has anyone tried flashing it "SUCCESSFULLY" via fastboot?

No, that is RUU for kitkat 4.4.

To update to lollipop, either download it in phone or wait for anyone to upload it then download it on PC and then flash it.
And your download gets corrupted, better watch your Internet connection. Get a stable connection (WiFi preferred) then download the update
6th October 2015, 02:48 PM |#9  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
I have tried to download it three times from different machines. Successful downloaded every time. However, the downloaded zip file seems to be corrupted (cannot open by any of the zip viewers). I think the original file is corrupted. Correct me if I am wrong.
6th October 2015, 02:54 PM |#10  
Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
I have successfully upgraded in one attempt. But lost my boot.img.. We need help of some person who can upload the complete ZIP. This will help me and all those who are receiving corrupted update file.
6th October 2015, 03:24 PM |#11  
sshivampp's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 165
 
More
Red face
Quote:
Originally Posted by tongben

I have tried to download it three times from different machines. Successful downloaded every time. However, the downloaded zip file seems to be corrupted (cannot open by any of the zip viewers). I think the original file is corrupted. Correct me if I am wrong.

From stating machine, if you mean PC. I would like to know how are you downloading ota on PC.AFAIK, OTAs are downloaded on phone itself only
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes