[RUU] Stock FW KitKat 4.4 For Desire 820U Dual Sim ASIA_INDIA

Search This thread

sshivampp

Sep 18, 2012
New Delhi
For product: a51_dtul
Download the firmware from here

Note 1: If you get "Waiting for device", install drivers properly.
Note 2:The zip will not extract, you have to use it directly without extracting. So don't bother trying to extract the zip, it will always give you error.
Note 3: If using windows 8/8.1/10, make sure to disable driver signature check before installing drivers.

Install fastboot drivers from below if not installed previously..

FastbootDrivers1 or FastbootDrivers2

Download fastboot tools from the attachement, extract it somewhere..
Method 1: pushing the RUU through PC

Now place the above downloaded zip inside the same folder having "fastboot.exe" and rename it to "firmware.zip"
Open command prompt onto the current folder (Shift+Right Click on the folder then select "Open Command Window here")
Boot into fastboot mode (Vol down+ Power then select fastboot)

Now type the commands as given below..

1. fastboot reboot-bootloader
2. fastboot oem lock (If Bootloader is Unlocked previously otherwise skip)
3. fastboot oem rebootRUU

wait for silver htc logo

3. fastboot flash zip firmware.zip

Now some progress bar should appear onto you phone. Wait for it to finish, after that

4. fastboot reboot

Method 2: from the phone itself thanks to @Kellwa
1- Lock the bootloader using fastboot oem lock command
2- Rename the downloaded zip to 0PFJIMG.zip
3- Put the file on sd card and insert it into mobile
4- Reboot into bootloader and it will ask you if you want to update
5- Press VOL UP to say yes

Last edited:

TheInvader

Aug 29, 2013
you are amazing dude.... where did you found the indian firmware from. Had been searching for it since ages.... Thanks a tonn...

Urgent Help Needed..

I lost my boot partition after upgrading to Lolipop due to some mistake while using fastboot..

Please extract the boot.img from lolipop update zip file and upload.. This will be a great help for me..

My phone is dead as of now..

imran27

Nov 25, 2013
Mumbai
I am downloading OTA since past 6 hours, every time it gets corrupted and starts from 0, I am fed up. I want to update right now and I found this thread, so this is the official HTC Stock 5.0 ROM for HTC Desire 820 Dual SIM ? Has anyone tried flashing it "SUCCESSFULLY" via fastboot?

sshivampp

Sep 18, 2012
New Delhi
I am downloading OTA since past 6 hours, every time it gets corrupted and starts from 0, I am fed up. I want to update right now and I found this thread, so this is the official HTC Stock 5.0 ROM for HTC Desire 820 Dual SIM ? Has anyone tried flashing it "SUCCESSFULLY" via fastboot?

No, that is RUU for kitkat 4.4.

To update to lollipop, either download it in phone or wait for anyone to upload it then download it on PC and then flash it.
And your download gets corrupted, better watch your Internet connection. Get a stable connection (WiFi preferred) then download the update

tongben

Sep 11, 2003
I have tried to download it three times from different machines. Successful downloaded every time. However, the downloaded zip file seems to be corrupted (cannot open by any of the zip viewers). I think the original file is corrupted. Correct me if I am wrong.

TheInvader

Aug 29, 2013
I have successfully upgraded in one attempt. But lost my boot.img.. We need help of some person who can upload the complete ZIP. This will help me and all those who are receiving corrupted update file.

sshivampp

Sep 18, 2012
New Delhi
I have tried to download it three times from different machines. Successful downloaded every time. However, the downloaded zip file seems to be corrupted (cannot open by any of the zip viewers). I think the original file is corrupted. Correct me if I am wrong.
From stating machine, if you mean PC. I would like to know how are you downloading ota on PC.AFAIK, OTAs are downloaded on phone itself only

tongben

Sep 11, 2003
sshivampp, I referred to the firmware download link at the first post. I am not doing the OTA downloading.

sshivampp

Sep 18, 2012
New Delhi
sshivampp, I referred to the firmware download link at the first post. I am not doing the OTA downloading.

The Zip you downloaded is not supposed to be opened, it has to be used directly. Its normal that the zip won't extract. It does not mean at all that your download is corrupt

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For product: a51_dtul
    Download the firmware from here

Note 1: If you get "Waiting for device", install drivers properly.
    Note 2:The zip will not extract, you have to use it directly without extracting. So don't bother trying to extract the zip, it will always give you error.
    Note 3: If using windows 8/8.1/10, make sure to disable driver signature check before installing drivers.

Install fastboot drivers from below if not installed previously..

FastbootDrivers1 or FastbootDrivers2

Download fastboot tools from the attachement, extract it somewhere..
    Method 1: pushing the RUU through PC

Now place the above downloaded zip inside the same folder having "fastboot.exe" and rename it to "firmware.zip"
    Open command prompt onto the current folder (Shift+Right Click on the folder then select "Open Command Window here")
    Boot into fastboot mode (Vol down+ Power then select fastboot)

Now type the commands as given below..

1. fastboot reboot-bootloader
    2. fastboot oem lock (If Bootloader is Unlocked previously otherwise skip)
    3. fastboot oem rebootRUU

wait for silver htc logo

3. fastboot flash zip firmware.zip

Now some progress bar should appear onto you phone. Wait for it to finish, after that

4. fastboot reboot

Method 2: from the phone itself thanks to @Kellwa
    1- Lock the bootloader using fastboot oem lock command
    2- Rename the downloaded zip to 0PFJIMG.zip
    3- Put the file on sd card and insert it into mobile
    4- Reboot into bootloader and it will ask you if you want to update
    5- Press VOL UP to say yes
    Bro you are my only hope for now :D

Please make sure t backup the zip.. at any cost....

Link to the boot.img. Will try uploading the OTA as soon as possible...

https://mega.nz/#!KAJlWLYB!9V4gp9_-8AuSq85qR6aPmoB5hidaJcz1Gbq2jSRGOnQ
    Who can upload a OTA file or the system backup?

Ill upload the ota file tonight... N wil giv u the link...
    Well that is easy, even i was using TWRP on Lollipop and rooted too! But then the mistake i made was, i restored backup of Kitkat which made the phone go to bootloop! So now i need TWRP backup of lollipop ROM so that i can make my phone working again! Could you help if i guide you to install TWRP Recovery?

yes i can :good: