FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOL] WinDroid Toolkit | Unlock | Root | Flash | Install | Desire 820

1,248 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,334
 
Post Reply Email Thread
Link To Main Thread


About
The WinDroid Toolkit is a Windows program built in Visual Studio using the C# programming language that simplifies the rooting process for many Android devices. The toolkit makes it easy to unlock your bootloader, flash a custom recovery and gain permanent root. It also includes other functions such as flashing kernels, pushing files and installing apps. If you find it helpful, give me a thanks and a donation if you can. If you find a bug or have a feature request, feel free to leave a reply. Thanks!

Download
WinDroid Toolkit

Changelog
Check out this document for current and past changelogs.

Supported Devices
Check out this spreadsheet for a list of currently supported devices.
Device not supported? Make a request here!

Contribute
Check out the source code on GitHub here.

Disclaimers
Please do not post, mirror, or take credit for this toolkit or any related work without explicit permission.
I am in no way responsible for any harm, damage, nuclear fission or bee infestation that may occur to your device through the use of this toolkit.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Rapscallion16 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rapscallion16 Ad-Free
 
 
18th November 2014, 06:58 AM |#2  
Rapscallion16's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 3,334
 
Donate to Me
More
Info 2 Reserved
Reserved.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rapscallion16 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rapscallion16 Ad-Free
26th December 2014, 05:30 AM |#3  
Rapscallion16's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 3,334
 
Donate to Me
More
Talking WinDroid Universal Android Toolkit v2.1 Now Out!
I'm happy to announce that the WinDroid Universal Android Toolkit v2.1 update is now out! It's a complete code rewrite, with new features and support for 17 new devices! As always, reply with any comments you have or issues you're facing, and Happy Holidays to all!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rapscallion16 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rapscallion16 Ad-Free
3rd January 2015, 04:35 PM |#4  
ecrudragon's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Heart of Sharjah
Thanks Meter: 136
 
More
I appreciate your work

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

Dear @WindyCityRockr i am having problem with ADB Drivers can you give me any downloading link for those drivers?
1st February 2015, 07:37 AM |#5  
m0han's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,157
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WindyCityRockr

.....[TOOL] WinDroid Universal Android Toolkit | Unlock | Root | Flash | Desire 820.....
.....Check out this spreadsheet for a list currently supported devices.
Device not supported? Make a request here!.............

@WindyCityRockr
htc desire 820 dual-sim (D820u) device bought in india. will this be supported?
made a request at the above url. some screenshots:

1. Phone Identity: http://s21.postimg.org/6e7w63zvb/Phone_Identity_01.jpg
2. Phone Identity Contd.: http://s14.postimg.org/s9kfve2zl/Phone_Identity_02.jpg
3. Software Info: http://s28.postimg.org/67r4fw1fx/Software_Info_01.jpg
4. Software Info Contd.: http://s24.postimg.org/ckmprz0d1/Software_Info_02.jpg
5. System-Software Update: http://s10.postimg.org/w0tn9koqh/Sys...are_Update.jpg

haven't updated the software yet. any method to back up the whole rom? or make a full dump?

wanna root, install a stable custom recovery and if possible, try a good/stable custom rom.
anyone else here with this device? any help/links would be appreciated. thanks a lot in advance.

edit: update downloaded, but not applied yet.: http://s24.postimg.org/4ogzffb6t/htc...oft_update.jpg
4th February 2015, 04:09 PM |#6  
Rapscallion16's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 3,334
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0han

@WindyCityRockr
htc desire 820 dual-sim (D820u) device bought in india. will this be supported?
made a request at the above url. some screenshots:

1. Phone Identity: http://s21.postimg.org/6e7w63zvb/Phone_Identity_01.jpg
2. Phone Identity Contd.: http://s14.postimg.org/s9kfve2zl/Phone_Identity_02.jpg
3. Software Info: http://s28.postimg.org/67r4fw1fx/Software_Info_01.jpg
4. Software Info Contd.: http://s24.postimg.org/ckmprz0d1/Software_Info_02.jpg
5. System-Software Update: http://s10.postimg.org/w0tn9koqh/Sys...are_Update.jpg

haven't updated the software yet. any method to back up the whole rom? or make a full dump?

wanna root, install a stable custom recovery and if possible, try a good/stable custom rom.
anyone else here with this device? any help/links would be appreciated. thanks a lot in advance.

edit: update downloaded, but not applied yet.: http://s24.postimg.org/4ogzffb6t/htc...oft_update.jpg

The toolkit does support the dual sim Desire 820. There's more specific instructions on how to use the toolkit on the central WinDroid thread as well.
12th February 2015, 02:48 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Flag Szczecin
Thanks Meter: 51
 
More
On spreadsheet there is only mention about d820u, a Desire 820 dual-sim version. Does it mean Desire 820 with single SIM is supported?
Sorry for offtopic, but i have 2nd question: How about Stock RUUs for 820 SingleSIM version? Is there any? Maybe I just can't see it.
14th February 2015, 10:17 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 44
 
More
I'm use this toolkit and my device not dual sim model. I'm not unlock bootloader in last step. Every steps working. but last step To think that successful Please fix unlock bootloader mode. And sorry for my bad english
21st February 2015, 07:44 PM |#9  
Rapscallion16's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 3,334
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleksander002

On spreadsheet there is only mention about d820u, a Desire 820 dual-sim version. Does it mean Desire 820 with single SIM is supported?
Sorry for offtopic, but i have 2nd question: How about Stock RUUs for 820 SingleSIM version? Is there any? Maybe I just can't see it.

The toolkit supports both the single and dual SIM variants. I don't anything about RUUs though, sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasanandnexus

I'm use this toolkit and my device not dual sim model. I'm not unlock bootloader in last step. Every steps working. but last step To think that successful Please fix unlock bootloader mode. And sorry for my bad english

Try rebooting manually into Fastboot/Bootloader mode then try the Unlock Bootloader step again.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rapscallion16 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rapscallion16 Ad-Free
25th February 2015, 05:39 AM |#10  
m0han's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,157
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WindyCityRockr

The toolkit supports both the single and dual SIM variants. I don't anything about RUUs though, sorry.
Try rebooting manually into Fastboot/Bootloader mode then try the Unlock Bootloader step again.

are the chances of this toolkit doing it's job affected by upgrading os ( jb --> kk or kk --> lp)?
has anyone with lollipop succeeded in rooting and installing custom recovery using this toolkit?

thanks for any response.
28th February 2015, 05:24 PM |#11  
Rapscallion16's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 3,334
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0han

are the chances of this toolkit doing it's job affected by upgrading os ( jb --> kk or kk --> lp)?
has anyone with lollipop succeeded in rooting and installing custom recovery using this toolkit?

thanks for any response.

The Android version has no effect on the phone's ability to unlock and root.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rapscallion16 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rapscallion16 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes