IMEI Fix after Flashing Micromax Canvas A1 Stock ROM in Spice Dream UNO

Search This thread

dkchalotra

Dec 31, 2013
Jammu
Those people who had flashed Micromax canvas A1 Stock rom in Spice Dream UNO by SP flash tool might face IMEI unknown Error or they Cannot use their SimCards .
I also faced same problem and by doing a lot of Gooogling :p i found one solution to this problem.

You need things :
1. A PC, data cable and a phone.
2. MauiMETA 3G:*v6.1316.1 DO GOOLGE
3. BPLGU modem file for mt6582 DO GOOGLE
4.CDC Drivers DO GOOGLE
5. SP drivers Download Here: androidfilehost.com/?fid=23252070760972673
6. A brain. :p

Procedure:
1. Download all above, extract as needed.
2. Connect Phone to pc in usb debugging mode and install drivers.
3. For windows 8.1/8, move your mouse to top right corner and click on settings-power. now press and hold shift and click restart. from advance options select 7 to disable driver signing.
4. Once PC is restarted, press windows key+pause break to open system properties.
5. From left select device manager.
6. From actions menu click add legacy hardware.
7. Click next and select Install the hardware that i manually..... (advanced), click next, select show all devices, click next, click have disk, then browse, locate SP_Drivers folder and select cdc-acm.inf, click open, click ok, select MediaTEk Inc. and MediaTek USB VCOM (Android), Click next and next again, click finish.
8. Install MauiMETA and run it. Use USB COM and from Options menu select Connect smart phone in meta mode.
9. Press Reconnect and connect phone in switched off state with battery. The blinking led will become yellow and you can see "connected with target"
10. Now from drop down menu select IMEI download. Click ok till you see IMEI download box.
11. Click Change NVRAM Database FIle and browse to MT6582 DB File\MT6582\BPLGUInfoCustomAppSrcP_MT6582_S00_MOLY _WR8_W1315_MD_WG_MP_V5_1_wg_n (BPLGU modem file for mt6582). Click ok on any warning.
12. Leave IMEI Increasemnt 0. Write first 14 digits of your IMEI in IMIE box and last 15th digit will go in check sum(should be entered automatically). Eg:- if IMEI is 123456789123456, write 12345678912345 in imei and 6 in checksum. Do same for Sim_2
13. Press Download To Flash. You will see Download IMEI to flash successfully. Now close the box (or alt+f4 or close from task manager if stuck).
14. Restart the phone, see the magic. It will fix Your IMEI problem permanently even after factory reset. ;)

srikantrn

Apr 10, 2014
Those people who had flashed Micromax canvas A1 Stock rom in Spice Dream UNO by SP flash tool might face IMEI unknown Error or they Cannot use their SimCards .
I also faced same problem and by doing a lot of Gooogling :p i found one solution to this problem.

You need things :
4.CDC Drivers DO GOOGLE

Procedure:
3. For windows 8.1/8, move your mouse to top right corner and click on settings-power. now press and hold shift and click restart. from advance options select 7 to disable driver signing.
4. Once PC is restarted, press windows key+pause break to open system properties.
7. Click next and select Install the hardware that i manually..... (advanced), click next, select show all devices, click next, click have disk, then browse, locate SP_Drivers folder and select cdc-acm.inf, click open, click ok, select MediaTEk Inc. and MediaTek USB VCOM (Android), Click next and next again, click finish.
8. Install MauiMETA and run it. Use USB COM and from Options menu select Connect smart phone in meta mode.
9. Press Reconnect and connect phone in switched off state with battery. The blinking led will become yellow and you can see "connected with target"
10. Now from drop down menu select IMEI download. Click ok till you see IMEI download box.
11. Click Change NVRAM Database FIle and browse to MT6582 DB File\MT6582\BPLGUInfoCustomAppSrcP_MT6582_S00_MOLY _WR8_W1315_MD_WG_MP_V5_1_wg_n (BPLGU modem file for mt6582). Click ok on any warning.
12. Leave IMEI Increasemnt 0. Write first 14 digits of your IMEI in IMIE box and last 15th digit will go in check sum(should be entered automatically). Eg:- if IMEI is 123456789123456, write 12345678912345 in imei and 6 in checksum. Do same for Sim_2
13. Press Download To Flash. You will see Download IMEI to flash successfully. Now close the box (or alt+f4 or close from task manager if stuck).
14. Restart the phone, see the magic. It will fix Your IMEI problem permanently even after factory reset. ;)

Dude tried this... then i flash the Stock ROM again! .. i was really happy to see the network back.... But after 5mins it went missing. and the imei resets to "invalid" i am also facing an error while opening wifi NVRAM WARNING: ERR 0x10 ?

Any help will be appreciated bro!

dkchalotra

Dec 31, 2013
Jammu
Dude tried this... then i flash the Stock ROM again! .. i was really happy to see the network back.... But after 5mins it went missing. and the imei resets to "invalid" i am also facing an error while opening wifi NVRAM WARNING: ERR 0x10 ?

First Flash Stock rom then flash IMEI . If you reflash rom then imei will again vanish. To prevent imei invalid problem you have to flash rom without flashing preloader.
To fix nvram problem goto this thread :- http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2730486

dkchalotra

Dec 31, 2013
Jammu
How to Flash without the Pre-loader ? and can i get my serial number back ? btw thanks for your reply!!
You can get imei number back by following the instructions in this post .
NOTE : Type the imei number which is shown on the back side of your phone.

Once you get the imei number back and if you again reflash rom it will again wipe your imei number.
To avoid this problem you should uncheck the preloader file. Check in the attachment
Your imei number will not vanish.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    157.3 KB · Views: 786
Reactions: srikantrn

srikantrn

Apr 10, 2014

Once you get the imei number back and if you again reflash rom it will again wipe your imei number.
To avoid this problem you should uncheck the preloader file. Check in the attachment

Thankyou very much! just one question!
which option should i use to flash the ROM ? "Download Only" or "Upgrade Firmware"

StormyKnight

Feb 14, 2015
Mumbai
becareful when you deal with IMEI number, it can be very dangerous, if something goes wrong you will be jailed. I dunno why would someone flash micromax a1 stock into spice or vice versa, it is a bad movie.

hemanthvarma

Mar 22, 2015
hyderabad
my phone is micromax canvas a1

You need things :
4.CDC Drivers DO GOOGLE

Procedure:

the above method is for only rooted devices or non rooted devices.....? Pls reply

hemanthvarma

Mar 22, 2015
hyderabad
canvas a1 imei fix issue

You need things :
4.CDC Drivers DO GOOGLE

Procedure:

dude hi .... my system os is win 8.1 and i followed every step as u said above but my phone is not connecting (IMEI drop box is not coming ) its just charging in switch off mode nothing more than that ..... ! my phone is on android 5.1 two days back i got an ota update ..
pls suggest me if am doing any wrong steps .....
and also the procedure u said above is only for 4.4.4 or can do it in 5.1 also....? My phone is not rooted

Androidoo

Aug 29, 2013
indore
;)

will this permanently set the imei nos , i have canvas a1 and my baseband and imei get wiped up n flashing rom coz i wiped system and baseband in spf tools:rolleyes:

niteesh madugolkar

Mar 25, 2015

You need things :
4.CDC Drivers DO GOOGLE

Procedure:

Here is the stock Rom for spice dream uno..... It's a kitkat Rom.... It u want yo update it to lollipop just download ota update app in u r mobile and update u r device to lollipop....
This link is give by my friend......

Spice kitkat ROM link..... :-

https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B-HvMr6Gyk2WcjRpeEcwT0NzSlk&export=download

Here is the stock Rom for spice dream uno..... It's a kitkat Rom.... It u want yo update it to lollipop just download ota update app in u r mobile and update u r device to lollipop....
This link is give by my friend......

Spice kitkat ROM link..... :-

https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B-HvMr6Gyk2WcjRpeEcwT0NzSlk&export=download....

Sent from my C1505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

prashantjain.jain02

Jan 9, 2016
I had updated my spice dream uno mobile to marshmallow but after few days it was stuck on spice logo when starting ON. what to do now i want back to kitkat version ...????

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You need things :
    4.CDC Drivers DO GOOGLE

Procedure:
    How to Flash without the Pre-loader ? and can i get my serial number back ? btw thanks for your reply!!

Thankyou very much! just one question!
    which option should i use to flash the ROM ? "Download Only" or "Upgrade Firmware"
    Choose Download only mode !!
    Please click thanks button instead of typing it !