FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

IMEI Fix after Flashing Micromax Canvas A1 Stock ROM in Spice Dream UNO

113 posts
Thanks Meter: 122

Post Reply Email Thread
Those people who had flashed Micromax canvas A1 Stock rom in Spice Dream UNO by SP flash tool might face IMEI unknown Error or they Cannot use their SimCards .
I also faced same problem and by doing a lot of Gooogling i found one solution to this problem.

You need things :
1. A PC, data cable and a phone.
2. MauiMETA 3G:*v6.1316.1 DO GOOLGE
3. BPLGU modem file for mt6582 DO GOOGLE
4.CDC Drivers DO GOOGLE
5. SP drivers Download Here: androidfilehost.com/?fid=23252070760972673
6. A brain.

Procedure:
1. Download all above, extract as needed.
2. Connect Phone to pc in usb debugging mode and install drivers.
3. For windows 8.1/8, move your mouse to top right corner and click on settings-power. now press and hold shift and click restart. from advance options select 7 to disable driver signing.
4. Once PC is restarted, press windows key+pause break to open system properties.
5. From left select device manager.
6. From actions menu click add legacy hardware.
7. Click next and select Install the hardware that i manually..... (advanced), click next, select show all devices, click next, click have disk, then browse, locate SP_Drivers folder and select cdc-acm.inf, click open, click ok, select MediaTEk Inc. and MediaTek USB VCOM (Android), Click next and next again, click finish.
8. Install MauiMETA and run it. Use USB COM and from Options menu select Connect smart phone in meta mode.
9. Press Reconnect and connect phone in switched off state with battery. The blinking led will become yellow and you can see "connected with target"
10. Now from drop down menu select IMEI download. Click ok till you see IMEI download box.
11. Click Change NVRAM Database FIle and browse to MT6582 DB File\MT6582\BPLGUInfoCustomAppSrcP_MT6582_S00_MOLY _WR8_W1315_MD_WG_MP_V5_1_wg_n (BPLGU modem file for mt6582). Click ok on any warning.
12. Leave IMEI Increasemnt 0. Write first 14 digits of your IMEI in IMIE box and last 15th digit will go in check sum(should be entered automatically). Eg:- if IMEI is 123456789123456, write 12345678912345 in imei and 6 in checksum. Do same for Sim_2
13. Press Download To Flash. You will see Download IMEI to flash successfully. Now close the box (or alt+f4 or close from task manager if stuck).
14. Restart the phone, see the magic. It will fix Your IMEI problem permanently even after factory reset.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dkchalotra For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dkchalotra Ad-Free

5th February 2015, 08:10 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkchalotra

Those people who had flashed Micromax canvas A1 Stock rom in Spice Dream UNO by SP flash tool might face IMEI unknown Error or they Cannot use their SimCards .
I also faced same problem and by doing a lot of Gooogling i found one solution to this problem.

You need things :
4.CDC Drivers DO GOOGLE
6. A brain.

Procedure:
3. For windows 8.1/8, move your mouse to top right corner and click on settings-power. now press and hold shift and click restart. from advance options select 7 to disable driver signing.
4. Once PC is restarted, press windows key+pause break to open system properties.
7. Click next and select Install the hardware that i manually..... (advanced), click next, select show all devices, click next, click have disk, then browse, locate SP_Drivers folder and select cdc-acm.inf, click open, click ok, select MediaTEk Inc. and MediaTek USB VCOM (Android), Click next and next again, click finish.
8. Install MauiMETA and run it. Use USB COM and from Options menu select Connect smart phone in meta mode.
9. Press Reconnect and connect phone in switched off state with battery. The blinking led will become yellow and you can see "connected with target"
10. Now from drop down menu select IMEI download. Click ok till you see IMEI download box.
11. Click Change NVRAM Database FIle and browse to MT6582 DB File\MT6582\BPLGUInfoCustomAppSrcP_MT6582_S00_MOLY _WR8_W1315_MD_WG_MP_V5_1_wg_n (BPLGU modem file for mt6582). Click ok on any warning.
12. Leave IMEI Increasemnt 0. Write first 14 digits of your IMEI in IMIE box and last 15th digit will go in check sum(should be entered automatically). Eg:- if IMEI is 123456789123456, write 12345678912345 in imei and 6 in checksum. Do same for Sim_2
13. Press Download To Flash. You will see Download IMEI to flash successfully. Now close the box (or alt+f4 or close from task manager if stuck).
14. Restart the phone, see the magic. It will fix Your IMEI problem permanently even after factory reset.

Dude tried this... then i flash the Stock ROM again! .. i was really happy to see the network back.... But after 5mins it went missing. and the imei resets to "invalid" i am also facing an error while opening wifi NVRAM WARNING: ERR 0x10 ?

Any help will be appreciated bro!
16th February 2015, 01:15 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Jammu

More
Cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by srikantrn

Dude tried this... then i flash the Stock ROM again! .. i was really happy to see the network back.... But after 5mins it went missing. and the imei resets to "invalid" i am also facing an error while opening wifi NVRAM WARNING: ERR 0x10 ?

Any help will be appreciated bro!

First Flash Stock rom then flash IMEI . If you reflash rom then imei will again vanish. To prevent imei invalid problem you have to flash rom without flashing preloader.
To fix nvram problem goto this thread :- http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2730486
18th February 2015, 06:09 AM |#4  

More
Question
Quote:

First Flash Stock rom then flash IMEI . If you reflash rom then imei will again vanish. To prevent imei invalid problem you have to flash rom without flashing preloader.
To fix nvram problem goto this thread :- http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2730486

How to Flash without the Pre-loader ? and can i get my serial number back ? btw thanks for your reply!!
18th February 2015, 08:36 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Jammu

More
Prompt
Quote:

How to Flash without the Pre-loader ? and can i get my serial number back ? btw thanks for your reply!!

You can get imei number back by following the instructions in this post .
NOTE : Type the imei number which is shown on the back side of your phone.

Once you get the imei number back and if you again reflash rom it will again wipe your imei number.
To avoid this problem you should uncheck the preloader file. Check in the attachment
Your imei number will not vanish.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	768
Size:	157.3 KB
ID:	3171497  
The Following User Says Thank You to dkchalotra For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dkchalotra Ad-Free
18th February 2015, 08:41 AM |#6  

More
Quote:

You can get imei number back by following the instructions in this post .
NOTE : Type the imei number which is shown on the back side of your phone.

Once you get the imei number back and if you again reflash rom it will again wipe your imei number.
To avoid this problem you should uncheck the preloader file. Check in the attachment
Your imei number will not vanish.

Thankyou very much! just one question!
which option should i use to flash the ROM ? "Download Only" or "Upgrade Firmware"
18th February 2015, 08:44 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Jammu

More
Cool
Quote:

Thankyou very much! just one question!
which option should i use to flash the ROM ? "Download Only" or "Upgrade Firmware"

Choose Download only mode !!
Please click thanks button instead of typing it !
The Following User Says Thank You to dkchalotra For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dkchalotra Ad-Free
21st February 2015, 12:20 AM |#8  
Flag Porto Alegre,Rio Grande Do Sul,Brasil
Thanks Meter: 1,035

More
if i was you, i would be careful, this is illegal in almost every country out there
21st February 2015, 02:14 AM |#9  
Flag Bengaluru
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by opssemnik

if i was you, i would be careful, this is illegal in almost every country out there

Changing IMEI is illegal. But if you lose your IMEI no, then you need to manually set it. But the legal line here is narrow, you insert 1 digit wrong and you are breaking the law
27th February 2015, 10:04 PM |#10  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 45

More
becareful when you deal with IMEI number, it can be very dangerous, if something goes wrong you will be jailed. I dunno why would someone flash micromax a1 stock into spice or vice versa, it is a bad movie.
23rd March 2015, 03:09 AM |#11  
Flag hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 115

More
my phone is micromax canvas a1
Quote:

You need things :
4.CDC Drivers DO GOOGLE
6. A brain.

Procedure:

the above method is for only rooted devices or non rooted devices.....? Pls reply
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)