FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] D2G (entire phone) unresponsive after overheat

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By athytee, Junior Member on 19th September 2014, 06:54 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I borrowed this D2G (stock!!!!!!!!) from a friend while my HTC One is out for a camera module replacement (6/13/13 build date - I had the dreaded Purple low light pictures).

It was working great for 3 or 4 days.

This morning, I opened the Kindle app - as soon as it loaded, the D2G began vibrating and flashing all lights (red and green indicator, keyboard back light and screen buttons) though the screen was completely black.

I had to battery pull because no matter what input I gave, the D2G was doing the above and would not soft reset.

When I reinserted the battery, it began to boot up, I saw the Motorola symbol, but seconds later the same things happened as I described above then the phone became incredibly hot.

I pulled the battery and kept it out of the phone until about an hour ago when I plugged it in here at my office to an A/C charger.

The charging indicator light is on (from PC and from the A/C charger) but the phone is still unresponsive. I cannot hard reboot (volume buttons then power button) - nor is anything lighting up - no green or red led indicator, no keyboard back light, no screen.

Any help?

I would hate to return this to my friend bricked lol.

19th September 2014, 07:11 PM |#2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by athytee

I cannot hard reboot (volume buttons then power button) - nor is anything lighting up - no green or red led indicator, no keyboard back light, no screen.

I did the X button and power button method, too.. nothing. :\
20th September 2014, 12:15 AM |#3  
Quote:
Originally Posted by athytee

I did the X button and power button method, too.. nothing. :\

Maybe bricked, but could be a bad app, battery failure, or even a charger failure.
It is possible if the battery malfunctions, to drain the battery too low, so that the phone's charging software is unable to start.
Sometime when you connect to a wall charger only the green light will come on, that can mean it's too low to show charging but is charging or it means it can not boot at all.
Several things can be tried
Hard reset
safe mode
-
leave connected to wall charger for several hours 6+

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

if you get no signs of life from those options, maybe time to find a known good charged battery
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)