[rom] [maserati] crDroid (unofficial) (Nougat)

Search This thread

transi1

Jun 9, 2015
https%3A%2F%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2FnUBKZfMRYCotfvNioAnDwWlUuak%3D%2Fhttp%253A%252F%252Fi.imgur.com%252FBE3pE0l.png

Based on LineageOS with extra goodies.

This is a free AOSP / CyanogenMod Android based ROM bringing a lot of custom features ported from AOSPA, SlimRoms, OmniRom and many others great roms out there
crDroid brings what Android have of most advanced in terms of customization and stability.

Enjoy!

Source: https://github.com/crdroidandroid

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/4fw5imamay2yf/spyder

Last edited:
Reactions: mp107 and dreikk91

jaqjacek

Jan 29, 2011
I see that there is a new version for spider. Can you compile for messerati too.
Does custom kernel for lineageos 14.1 work with this room to ?

dinosaur99

Jul 11, 2017
Motorola Droid 4
Moto G 2014
Wow, this ROM has lots of features, and seems pretty stable!
Currently testing on Slot 1 partition. I'm considering switching to crDroid for everyday use :cool:

Thanks for porting to maserati!

I just flashed joojoobee666 's custom kernel for LOS 14.1 and it works as expected ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: transi1

mybabyloves

Jan 23, 2017
Fresno
This is cool! However, I'm having a slight issue with my sound. It doesn't really work (esp. While playing music) on my droid 4 with crdroid, like it just won't play sounds unless they've been "playing" for a while. Lineage and music work fine together though... Anyone else having a similar problem?

Edolo_Elvis

Sep 3, 2017
Hi please can you please port this rom for my htc amaze 4g, i like this rom but i don't find any for the amaze 4g,
Thanks

dinosaur99

Jul 11, 2017
Motorola Droid 4
Moto G 2014
This is cool! However, I'm having a slight issue with my sound. It doesn't really work (esp. While playing music) on my droid 4 with crdroid, like it just won't play sounds unless they've been "playing" for a while. Lineage and music work fine together though... Anyone else having a similar problem?

I've had no audio issues on my phone so far, even bluetooth audio seems to work just fine. Try to toggle the AudioFX setting to see if it has something to do. If the problem persists you may want to use an alternative music player.

Reactions: mybabyloves

belrei

Jan 13, 2008
excellent ROM! :good:
Built-in signature spoofing makes it pretty easy to use microG instead of gapps :)
seems more fluent compared to Mokee 6.0.1 (which is the best Marshmallow ROM for the Droid 4 in my opinion)
No issues so far.

mybabyloves

Jan 23, 2017
Fresno
I've had no audio issues on my phone so far, even bluetooth audio seems to work just fine. Try to toggle the AudioFX setting to see if it has something to do. If the problem persists you may want to use an alternative music player.

Thanks, I tried those suggestions and they didn't work. However, I later reflashed crdroid and it worked fine! (But then the charging port broke, so I was forced to buy a new phone - go figure...) Anyways, just posting this update in case it can help anyone else :)

frgtn

Dec 24, 2017
wi-fi doesn't work

The rom is great, but the only probem is, i can't turn on wifi toggle, just showing turning wi-fi on... ,and doesn't work. I flash this rom for many times, it's all the same .

dinosaur99

Jul 11, 2017
Motorola Droid 4
Moto G 2014
wifi working fine for me

The rom is great, but the only probem is, i can't turn on wifi toggle, just showing turning wi-fi on... ,and doesn't work. I flash this rom for many times, it's all the same .

Sorry, I'll try fix wifi

FYI, I installed latest crDroid in a newly created rom-slot1 in order to test Wifi, and it works fine. So today I dirty flashed the upgrade into my everyday installation (stock slot), performed a dalvik wipe, and guess what... perfectly working Wifi :)
There was a tiny issue in previous version in which the list of available wlans didn't show up, but luckily it seems to be fixed by now.
Thanks a lot, and keep the great work! :good:

Reactions: transi1

Grus

Feb 21, 2010
yeah, wifi isn't working, running the latest maserati. it works on 3.8.2., but i can't get it to turn on with 3.8.4. doesn't matter if 3.8.4 is flashed after 3.8.2. + boot or cleanly.

Last edited:

dinosaur99

Jul 11, 2017
Motorola Droid 4
Moto G 2014
Apparently I'm lucky to have wifi working on my maserati. My only suggestion at this point is to allow 10-15 seconds for the OS to notice the network chip is on, and using directly Settings > Wifi (instead of quick settings menu). The icon toggle and the scan results might actually be a little laggy, although connection establishes succesfully in the background.

If there is something I can do to help you guys, please let me know.

Grus

Feb 21, 2010
yeah, i've messed with it around for close to 6 hours, flashing in various ways or just trying to let it do its thing. your post made me kinda paranoid that it was just a peculiar combination of settings messing up, but in the end i couldn't get around downgrading. i've tried various dev options, wifi certificates and frequencies, with or without data or airplane mode, and generally every setting vaguely related to connectivity, even the ui ones, but ultimately there's no change in wifi simply not turning on (reminiscent of missing wifi drivers in replicant builds or similar roms actually), whereas it works perfectly on 3.8.2.

belrei

Jan 13, 2008
Hi, just saw you've released a new build for Spyder. Will we see an update for Maserati, too? :D :cool:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have build the crDroid ROM based on the LineageOS 14.1 base.
    I have tested it for about one day as a daily driver and it seems to be rather stable, more or less same as LineageOS 14.1.
    The only annoyance (bug) I found is drop out of the Wi-Fi connection described alsp here. There might be more but it would need more time to find them.
    In case anyone someone also needs or is interested in it I publish it here:
    http://www.mediafire.com/folder/xmq5a4fbia9gh/crDroid-mp107
    Mirror:
    https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=kZ9Ve67ZWRYRJM7I9KkRBSyD3WqR1k9PHo5k

Regarding the building:
    The general instruction for building crDroid ROM is located here.

In order to build it for Motorola Droid 4 on your own one needs to:
    1. Add to the .repo/local_manifests/roomservice.xml two more repositories:
    Code:
    <project name="TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_motorola" path="vendor/motorola" remote="github" />
    <project name="TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_ti" path="vendor/ti" revision="master" depth="1" />
    The first repository contains the binary blobs for various Motorola devices, including the Droid 4 (maserati).
    The information about the second one I got from this post after occurring this error:
    Code:
    make: *** No rule to make target 'libsrv_init', needed by '/mnt/android_sources/crDroid/7.1/out/target/product/maserati/obj/EXECUTABLES/pvrsrvinit_intermediates/pvrsrvinit.o'.  Stop.
    make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
    target thumb C: pppd <= external/ppp/pppd/utils.c
    make: Leaving directory '/mnt/android_sources/crDroid/7.1'

2. Before build one needs to run some more commands:
    Code:
    export USE_NINJA=false
    export LC_ALL=C

3. And finally the last fix - there seems to be some kind of problem with this commit, exactly with reference to "setFilterByString(String) method. I fixed it using probably the simplest more or less safe method - by reverting to the commit before the mentioned one by running commmands:
    Code:
    cd packages/providers/DownloadProvider
    git reset --hard 21b5b3c3edd6dde44098aac75daa1f55d5a68f77
    Without it I got this error:
    Code:
    Copying: /mnt/android_sources/crDroid/7.1/out/target/common/obj/APPS/LatinIME_intermediates/classes.dex
    Copying: /mnt/android_sources/crDroid/7.1/out/target/common/obj/APPS/PrintSpooler_intermediates/classes.dex
    Copying: /mnt/android_sources/crDroid/7.1/out/target/common/obj/APPS/Terminal_intermediates/classes.dex
    Copying: /mnt/android_sources/crDroid/7.1/out/target/common/obj/APPS/WallpaperPicker_intermediates/classes.dex
    Building with Jack: /mnt/android_sources/crDroid/7.1/out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/libphotoviewer_intermediates/classes.jack
    Building with Jack: /mnt/android_sources/crDroid/7.1/out/target/common/obj/APPS/DownloadProvider_intermediates/with-local/classes.dex
    ERROR: /mnt/android_sources/crDroid/7.1/packages/providers/DownloadProvider/src/com/android/providers/downloads/DownloadStorageProvider.java:326: The method setFilterByString(String) is undefined for the type DownloadManager.Query
    ERROR: /mnt/android_sources/crDroid/7.1/packages/providers/DownloadProvider/src/com/android/providers/downloads/DownloadProvider.java:1119: The method update(SQLiteDatabase, ContentValues, String, String[]) is undefined for the type SQLiteQueryBuilder
    ERROR: /mnt/android_sources/crDroid/7.1/packages/providers/DownloadProvider/src/com/android/providers/downloads/DownloadProvider.java:1298: The method delete(SQLiteDatabase, String, String[]) is undefined for the type SQLiteQueryBuilder
    build/core/java.mk:730: recipe for target '/mnt/android_sources/crDroid/7.1/out/target/common/obj/APPS/DownloadProvider_intermediates/with-local/classes.dex' failed
    make: *** [/mnt/android_sources/crDroid/7.1/out/target/common/obj/APPS/DownloadProvider_intermediates/with-local/classes.dex] Error 41
    make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
    make: Leaving directory '/mnt/android_sources/crDroid/7.1'

#### make failed to build some targets (01:37:01 (hh:mm:ss)) ####

EDIT 2020-05-21: Added new 2020-05-20 build. In comparison with mainline LineageOS 14.1 it has built-in safe ROM slot support. I have also updated Mediafire link to point to directory containing both older and newer builds. FYI the build instruction above is not fully up to date now as there were added some commits causing more problems with crDroid compilation.

EDIT 2020-06-06: The Wi-Fi problem has seems to appear and disappear on flashing basis - the same build flashed once has this problem, other time it does not occur..
    https%3A%2F%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2FnUBKZfMRYCotfvNioAnDwWlUuak%3D%2Fhttp%253A%252F%252Fi.imgur.com%252FBE3pE0l.png

Based on LineageOS with extra goodies.

This is a free AOSP / CyanogenMod Android based ROM bringing a lot of custom features ported from AOSPA, SlimRoms, OmniRom and many others great roms out there
    crDroid brings what Android have of most advanced in terms of customization and stability.

Enjoy!

Source: https://github.com/crdroidandroid

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/4fw5imamay2yf/spyder
    new build crDroidAndroid-7.1.2-20180530-maserati-v3.8.7.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/4fw5imamay2yf/spyder
    Wow, this ROM has lots of features, and seems pretty stable!
    Currently testing on Slot 1 partition. I'm considering switching to crDroid for everyday use :cool:

Thanks for porting to maserati!

I just flashed joojoobee666 's custom kernel for LOS 14.1 and it works as expected ;)
    I've uploaded the correlated version of crDroid here:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/13V9sV_ZU85758iAbG7WnJdlB8CJqLDDz/view?usp=sharing

I remember figuring it out from looking at Tim's work, it was pretty simple... all I had to do was copy a file from the crDroid package and put it in the altpart-patch installer. It was either the ramdisk.img file under /system/etc/kexec or the update-binary file under META-INF. You could make the 2020 crDroid work the same way.
    Copy ramdisk.img from the ZIP package "crDroidAndroid-7.1.2-20200520-maserati-v3.8.9.zip"
    and put it into the folder /system/etc/kexec of the ZIP package "altpart-patch-crDroid-7.1.2-20180202-maserati-v3.8.5.zip"
    works for me.. :)

both of them
    update-binary and ramdisk.img = boot loop.. ( first i try )

and update-binary under META-INF.. only = stuck on black screen...
    thanks ;-)