FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Unofficial OctOs 5.0.2

1,067 posts
Thanks Meter: 644

By Oggie7797, Senior Member on 12th January 2015, 08:01 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I ported OctOs using the CM12 device tree by @stargo to targa and have since ported it for our OMAP4 brothers.

Features: (will be added onto)
-CM based so expect those features
-Tentacles settings for more personalization
-SuperSu as primary su binary handler
-Omniswitch
-CM12 Theme Engine
-Fast.
-Snappy.
-Clean.
-Amazing.

Downloads:
The ROM is on my Gdrive.
I recommend PA Gapps.

Install:
Flash on a new ROM slot on the new SELINUX enabled SafeStrap by @stargo

Updates:
Since Lollipop is in early development, I suggest doing a clean install. If you wanna wipe system and caches only that's fine too but don't report bugs.

Bugs:
-LTE has a hard time sticking but my latest build *should* patch that. If you have issues (especially after reboot) go into settings and switch preferred network from 3g to 4g a couple times and/or toggle airplane mode. Hopefully this will be completely fixed in the near future, but it isn't as annoying as the orange data indicator on KitKat.
-Same bugs as CM12

If you encounter bugs please make sure that you clean install on a virgin ROM slot and include a step-by-step on how to repeat the bug and also include a syslog (get the apk from play).

Hope you enjoy the ROM

XDA:DevDB Information
Oct-L, ROM for the Motorola Droid Bionic

Contributors
Oggie7797
ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
ROM Firmware Required: New SafeStrap by Stargo
Based On: Cyanogenmod12

Version Information
Beta Release Date: 2015-01-11

Created 2015-01-12
Last Updated 2015-01-12
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Oggie7797 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Oggie7797 Ad-Free

12th January 2015, 09:35 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Jordan, Arkansas

Donate to Me
More
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oggie7797 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Oggie7797 Ad-Free
13th January 2015, 02:25 PM |#3  
Flag EATONTOWN
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggie7797

Thanks for your great effort, and I am on Recurr ROM, LTE data connection is very stable and no need to set APN

Could you please tell what is the difference between this ROM and Recurr one?
13th January 2015, 06:56 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Jordan, Arkansas

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfresh

Thanks for your great effort, and I am on Recurr ROM, LTE data connection is very stable and no need to set APN

Could you please tell what is the difference between this ROM and Recurr one?

Different features and stuff lol IMA build again tonight if I have time and maybe it'll fix lte for good

Sent from my XT875 using XDA Free mobile app
14th January 2015, 06:52 PM |#5  
Flag Ann Arbor
Thanks Meter: 214

Donate to Me
More
installing now
14th January 2015, 07:08 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Jordan, Arkansas

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor04

installing now

@Grommish is helping with the APN issue. to bypass the phone fc on boot do the voice dialer trick same as CM12
14th January 2015, 07:12 PM |#7  
Flag Ann Arbor

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

installing now

So I have the latest and greatest GApps running, but I cannot get into the ROM. I keep getting a FC for Google Play Services. Push ok and it takes you back to WiFi. Rebooted, reinstalled GApps, cleared cache, etc. Still no dice. I don't have too much to monkey around with it today, will try a new build once uploaded
14th January 2015, 07:18 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Jordan, Arkansas

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

So I have the latest and greatest GApps running, but I cannot get into the ROM. I keep getting a FC for Google Play Services. Push ok and it takes you back to WiFi. Rebooted, reinstalled GApps, cleared cache, etc. Still no dice. I don't have too much to monkey around with it today, will try a new build once uploaded

What Gapps? I didn't have this issue on PA Gapps...try setting up without gapps first and flash gapps on a diff session. You're using as a wifi only device right? If so use the radio disable build.prop tweak. On initial boot turn airplane mode on to stop phone fc and add the build.prop line and reboot and flash gapps. that'll fix phone and most other issues if running as a wifi only ROM.
14th January 2015, 08:51 PM |#9  
Flag Ann Arbor

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggie7797

What Gapps? I didn't have this issue on PA Gapps...try setting up without gapps first and flash gapps on a diff session. You're using as a wifi only device right? If so use the radio disable build.prop tweak. On initial boot turn airplane mode on to stop phone fc and add the build.prop line and reboot and flash gapps. that'll fix phone and most other issues if running as a wifi only ROM.

I tried both the slimmed down PA GApps, and I also tried DHacker's GApps from 12/21/14. I cannot get past the FC from Google Play Services. Will maybe give it the old college try later this evening. I am not seeing any issues really with CM12 based roms using them as a WiFi device, so I haven't felt the need to do all the things you are suggesting. If I have some time tonight, I will give it a go
14th January 2015, 09:46 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Jordan, Arkansas

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I tried both the slimmed down PA GApps, and I also tried DHacker's GApps from 12/21/14. I cannot get past the FC from Google Play Services. Will maybe give it the old college try later this evening. I am not seeing any issues really with CM12 based roms using them as a WiFi device, so I haven't felt the need to do all the things you are suggesting. If I have some time tonight, I will give it a go

Try flashing on a brand new virgin slot lol idk why but sometimes that fixes stuff
15th January 2015, 04:38 PM |#11  
Flag Ann Arbor

Donate to Me
More
No luck, even after a fresh install in slot 2. I flashed @stargo latest build just a short time ago and zero Play Services FC. Very weird
The Following User Says Thank You to The Doctor04 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift The Doctor04 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)