FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] [DLX] [6.0.X] Dirty Unicorns

835 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,044
 
Thread Closed Email Thread

About Us:
Dirty Unicorns is a project that started out with no name. It was a project that was first based off AOKP back in the early days of Jelly Bean. In the early days it was just a one man show on one device, the EVO 3D. Since then, many others have joined the project and it has grown exponentially.

We have seen a lot of talent contribute to this project of ours. Big or small, the focus was always on contributing to the community. That is ultimately why we do what we do. After Jelly Bean, we decided to move to a new base, OmniROM. While AOKP was fun, OmniROM proved to be even more exciting base because it challenged us to see what we could do with a project that had different goals in mind. We learned a lot and again, gain contributors. With Lollipop, we moved to an AOSP base with a lot of patches from CAF to make our older devices function as they should. We grew even more and learned a whole lot more.

It has been an awesome learning experience and is still not over! We are still learning every day and continue to move forward. Lastly, we DO NOT accept, nor ask, for donations. We don't believe in that. Everything that is necessary to keep this project going is out of our own pocket. Gerrit, Jenkins, Websites, Devices, etc. We will never ask for a dime. All we do ask, is that you have patience, search, read and try to enjoy the process with us!!


Kernel Source:
https://github.com/DirtyUnicorns/android_kernel_htc_m7


Flashing Instructions:


- Verify that you're using the latest version of TWRP

- Perform a FULL WIPE as described below if coming from another ROM or a different version of Android
(A full wipe is when you wipe system/data/cache)

- Flash the latest version of this ROM

- Flash recommended GAPPS linked below

- Reboot and ENJOY!!



**If you fail to follow these instructions, please don't bother reporting any bugs**

**If you use Xposed, please don't bother reporting any bugs**

**If you use another kernel, please don't bother reporting any bugs**



Change Log:
Code:
Version 10.0 
- Initial Release of M

For a detailed change log, check http://gerrit.dirtyunicorns.com/#/q/status:merged,n,z

Credit and Thanks:


We would like to give thanks to everyone that contributes to the Android community, big or small because every bit counts. Although we can't list each and every contributor within the Android community, we would like to highlight some of the teams and individuals that have made it possible NOT only with just this version of DU but throughout the years because we don't ever want to forget where we came from nor those that have helped us!

That said, on behalf of the DU team we say THANKS to....

JMZ Software
Baby Jesus
Code Aurora Forum
Omni ROM
Android Open Kang Project (AOKP)
Android Ice Cold Project (AICP)
XDA-Developers
SlimROMs
Preludedrew
Max Weninger
Team Black Out
CyanogenMod
Pure Nexus Project

**If we have left someone or some team out, we apologize and please PM us**



Download Links:

Version 10.0 - http://download.dirtyunicorns.com/fi...1-OFFICIAL.zip

GAPPS - http://download.dirtyunicorns.com/files/gapps/

WEEKLIES - http://download.dirtyunicorns.com/files/



Frequently asked questions:

The download link is slow, can you provide a mirror?
From time to time, we perform maintenance on our website but we do not authorize any mirrors. Please have patience!

I'm on a TEST BUILD and have this bug, can you help?
Please keep any discussion about test builds in the G+ community!

How can I get Viper4Android working?
Check this thread out https://plus.google.com/+JasonPasch5/posts/6JDRjdL2mKM

Are you coming from a ROM with Layers?
Make sure you remove your 'overlay' folders and perform a FULL WIPE

My battery stats are all messed and reporting the wrong percentage, what can I do?
Stop using another kernel. Do a FULL WIPE and flash the ROM again

Is this ROM CM based or AOSP based?
This ROM is based off AOSP

Does this ROM have layers or the CMTE?
This ROM uses the CM theme engine

Pulse doesn't work with [insert music app]
Check this thread out https://plus.google.com/101146731143...ts/TcSzc61xuVx

I'm getting a FC from the theme chooser, what gives?
This is due to restoring data/apps from Google. Go ahead and clear data and cache for theme chooser and theme provider then reboot you should be good moving forward.

I changed my LCD density and now the navbar looks weird, what gives?
This is currenly an issue that we are aware of and addressing. For now after you changed density reset navbar layout or stay on the stock density.


Other Links:

G+ community - https://plus.google.com/u/0/communit...28866939227235

ROM Source - https://github.com/DirtyUnicorns

Gerrit - http://gerrit.dirtyunicorns.com

Crowdin (translations) - https://crowdin.net/project/dirtyunicorns

Jira (Bug Report / Feature Request) - http://jira.dirtyunicorns.com/



XDA:DevDB Information
Dirty Unicorns DLX, ROM for the HTC Droid DNA

Contributors
danjull
ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop

Version Information
Status: Stable

Created 2015-11-24
Last Updated 2016-04-07
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to danjull For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift danjull Ad-Free
 
 
5th December 2015, 03:11 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag Syracuse
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
I guess I'll give this a whirl.
6th December 2015, 09:33 PM |#4  
Mav3rick40's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Arnold Nebraska
Thanks Meter: 29
 
More
Does anyone know what the difference between these four gapps?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
7th December 2015, 05:19 AM |#5  
Oggie7797's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Jordan, Arkansas
Thanks Meter: 643
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav3rick40

Does anyone know what the difference between these four gapps?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Just use banks. Don't get me wrong, I love and support TBO and buy djdarkknight's themes but in the past they've been slow to update their gapps and because they are themed apks they don't update like normal. PA gapps are a total joke since they stopped being updated realistically after kitkat so again, I advice you always use banks. Banks updates the gapps zip frequently and because they aren't themed they update by Google without issue. Also, Banks are very minimal. It has all the core Google frameworks and whatnot with zero bloat yet includes the necessary vendor files for faceunlock (if you've used Santos's gpe you know these need to be manually added.) But, to each his own and it's up to you to decide what to flash.

Also for anyone wondering, this ROM is pretty solid and sweet and I would use it as a daily, but unfortunately my 360 won't connect to hotspot although my tablet and laptop will just like other ROMs (at random) cm works so I'm stuck with it. For real though, if you're lurking and have yet to flash it you're really missing out.
The Following User Says Thank You to Oggie7797 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Oggie7797 Ad-Free
7th December 2015, 05:44 AM |#6  
Mav3rick40's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Arnold Nebraska
Thanks Meter: 29
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggie7797

Just use banks. Don't get me wrong, I love and support TBO and buy djdarkknight's themes but in the past they've been slow to update their gapps and because they are themed apks they don't update like normal. PA gapps are a total joke since they stopped being updated realistically after kitkat so again, I advice you always use banks. Banks updates the gapps zip frequently and because they aren't themed they update by Google without issue. Also, Banks are very minimal. It has all the core Google frameworks and whatnot with zero bloat yet includes the necessary vendor files for faceunlock (if you've used Santos's gpe you know these need to be manually added.) But, to each his own and it's up to you to decide what to flash.

Also for anyone wondering, this ROM is pretty solid and sweet and I would use it as a daily, but unfortunately my 360 won't connect to hotspot although my tablet and laptop will just like other ROMs (at random) cm works so I'm stuck with it. For real though, if you're lurking and have yet to flash it you're really missing out.

Ok thanks for the reply. I was going to use banks but wasn't for sure. Thanks again for the information.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
22nd December 2015, 07:41 AM |#7  
prateeksahoo's Avatar
Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Love the rom,but the in-call volume is just too low after flashing this ROM,any pointers?
22nd December 2015, 03:33 PM |#8  
Oggie7797's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Jordan, Arkansas
Thanks Meter: 643
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prateeksahoo

Love the rom,but the in-call volume is just too low after flashing this ROM,any pointers?

Use the volume keys? Lol idk I didn't have that issue when testing. Do you have an issue where contacts load as last name first every time you open them? Even when changing settings.
22nd December 2015, 05:43 PM |#9  
prateeksahoo's Avatar
Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggie7797

Use the volume keys? Lol idk I didn't have that issue when testing. Do you have an issue where contacts load as last name first every time you open them? Even when changing settings.

Got fixed.And no contacts issue for me.
8th February 2016, 05:22 PM |#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
SMS
Running fast and smooth on the old DNA, only thing that seems to be a problem is with SMS- I can get one text message to send, but anything after that fails to send until I reboot or toggle airplane mode off and back on. Any thoughts?
9th February 2016, 05:31 AM |#11  
danjull's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 1,044
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarkley

Running fast and smooth on the old DNA, only thing that seems to be a problem is with SMS- I can get one text message to send, but anything after that fails to send until I reboot or toggle airplane mode off and back on. Any thoughts?

On lollipop?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Free mobile app
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes