FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Is my Maxx bricked?

16 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By t3knokon, Junior Member on 6th July 2015, 11:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Greets,

I think I may have bricked my Droid Maxx but I'm hoping someone can verify before I deem it a paperweight. I was on SU-2-3.3 and used Sunshine on it to unlock it and then TWRP to root it. After fully booting up the phone and verifying root, I rebooted into TWRP and ran a full back up w md5. After that, I booted up the phone and used supersu survival mode and then took the OTA update. Now the phone boots to fastboot, but says "boot failed" under any of the options. It won't go into recovery nor will it normally boot up. I tried to use RSD to reflash to the latest version but it just said flash failed at the first file and says something about downgraded security, etc. So now, I can get into fastboot mode and the phone connects and is detected but won't let me flash anything... it was unlocked via Sunshine, but I may have borked it up somehow. Thoughts?

7th July 2015, 12:15 AM |#2  
Flag detroit
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Try a more recent firmware but check your recovery

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Durteedee For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Durteedee Ad-Free
7th July 2015, 01:08 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
I took the OTA... is there something more recent? Also, I've tried to flash other recoveries but I get "boot failed" at the fastboot menu.
7th July 2015, 01:19 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
ohhhh you must mean try and use a more recent firmware via RSD. I'll give that a shot
7th July 2015, 02:47 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Ok i tried a newer firmware via RSD, now the fastboot mode shows "failed to read signatures for partition aboot" RSD fails at flashing partition gpt.bin
7th July 2015, 06:26 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Since I seem to have a partition related error, would this LINK help my situation at all?
7th July 2015, 05:07 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Does anyone know of a way I can restore or rewrite the partitions via fastboot?
8th July 2015, 09:54 AM |#8  
Flag Ambala/Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 51

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by t3knokon

Does anyone know of a way I can restore or rewrite the partitions via fastboot?

Okay, So if you think you device is completely bricked, and I mean "NOT RECOVERABLE AT ALL" , you can try this: This may be a long shot, you might want to try uploading 'sbl2.mbn' file. If you are able to flash that, then you can try flashing a "Broken" sbl2 file and try uploading the ROM using Qualcomm emergency downloader. This method is very dangerous, and not for the faint hearted. It is used to root the droids which cannot be rooted by sunshine (post SU4-21) and you may lose your rooting capabilities all together, as this method uploads a non rootable bootloader (SU6-7). If you can get your hands on a copy of the bootloader you already have ( SU-2-3.3) , you should use that to unbrick from the bootloader mode. Try to refer this post for further details.
The Following User Says Thank You to crack.mech For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift crack.mech Ad-Free
8th July 2015, 01:30 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 388

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crack.mech

Okay, So if you think you device is completely bricked, and I mean "NOT RECOVERABLE AT ALL" , you can try this: This may be a long shot, you might want to try uploading 'sbl2.mbn' file. If you are able to flash that, then you can try flashing a "Broken" sbl2 file and try uploading the ROM using Qualcomm emergency downloader. This method is very dangerous, and not for the faint hearted. It is used to root the droids which cannot be rooted by sunshine (post SU4-21) and you may lose your rooting capabilities all together, as this method uploads a non rootable bootloader (SU6-7). If you can get your hands on a copy of the bootloader you already have ( SU-2-3.3) , you should use that to unbrick from the bootloader mode. Try to refer this post for further details.

well he's not a hardbrick as he can get into fastboot so I don't think he needs to use THIS method just yet.

---------- Post added at 08:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3knokon

Since I seem to have a partition related error, would this LINK help my situation at all?

If you can get into fastboot then I don't think you need to go that route just yet. You can try flashing the individual images via fastboot i.e. fastboot flash recovery recovery.img etc. It's been a while but I'd skip flashing the motoboot.img and gpt.bin and flash the boot.img, recovery.img and system.img.
The Following User Says Thank You to BladeRunner For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BladeRunner Ad-Free
8th July 2015, 05:12 PM |#10  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeRunner

well he's not a hardbrick as he can get into fastboot so I don't think he needs to use THIS method just yet.

---------- Post added at 08:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 AM ----------

If you can get into fastboot then I don't think you need to go that route just yet. You can try flashing the individual images via fastboot i.e. fastboot flash recovery recovery.img etc. It's been a while but I'd skip flashing the motoboot.img and gpt.bin and flash the boot.img, recovery.img and system.img.

Ok to clarify, after I unlocked via sunsine on 2-3.3, I rooted and I took the over the air so now I'm on the newer bootloader. Post those events I started to receive "failed to erase partition xxxx" I also just tried reflashing individual images from 4.4.4 su6-7 release and I still receive back "failed to erase... failed to flash... etc." I can get into fastboot mode but it seems crippled somehow.
8th July 2015, 05:17 PM |#11  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crack.mech

This sounds like a promising method. If I attempt this method, will I be able to recover root since I was previously unlocked via sunshine prior to bricking/soft-bricking?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)