[ROM][CM13][Marshmallow][6.0.1] for xt907 on xt926 [JBBL]

Search This thread

drkdeath5000

Jan 17, 2010
Finally rolled back to jbbl so i could try this but i'm having a major issue- when i attempt to use the phone to call someone the phone will just reboot itself. Same issue when someone attempts to call me it doesnt even ring out just reboots and goes to voicemail. Is anyone else having this issue?

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
Finally rolled back to jbbl so i could try this but i'm having a major issue- when i attempt to use the phone to call someone the phone will just reboot itself. Same issue when someone attempts to call me it doesnt even ring out just reboots and goes to voicemail. Is anyone else having this issue?
Basically, No.

However, an almost similar issue I had was that when someone called me, the phone did not ring. I realised it was related to the custom ring tone I was using (I think I checked if it happened before any customisation / app installs). I resolved it by moving my custom ringtone to the internal SD card instead of residing on my external SD card and since then I have had no issues. Are you by any chance using a custom ringtone? Have you tried it on a completely clean flash with no customisations nor app installs?

---------- Post added at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 AM ----------

oooo... oooo... oooo... there is a new build:D, but of course, now its Lineage since CM is no longer.

http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=403669&st=21800#entry59668644

Anyone try it yet? I'm downloading as I type.

Reactions: rahimali

drkdeath5000

Jan 17, 2010
Went into default apps and set the phone as default and its working now. No idea why that was necessary since i only have the stock phone app installed but thats fixed it...

NicoKlius

May 27, 2016
San Juan Province.
i have a problem with signal with 4G LTE, with the JB modem i cant get 4G only have WCDMA. I flash KK modem but i still having the same problem, on 4G. Sometimes the signal disappear and i have to reboot. any idea ? thx

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
i have a problem with signal with 4G LTE, with the JB modem i cant get 4G only have WCDMA. I flash KK modem but i still having the same problem, on 4G. Sometimes the signal disappear and i have to reboot. any idea ? thx
A few years ago I used to have issues with some early builds of a KitKat ROM not getting 4G. I *THINK* I resolved it with the following build.prop settings, and possibly some APN settings
Code:
telephony.lteOnGsmDevice=1
ro.ril.def.preferred.network=9
telephony.lteOnCdmaDevice=1
Search the web for an explanation of these settings. (NB: the last one was already set in the ROM)

Last edited:

drkdeath5000

Jan 17, 2010
Found an issue where i cant play video content over HDMI. Initially HDMI works fine when browsing say the homescreen but as soon you load up a video e.g. youtube, the screen goes green and phone is unresponsive until HDMI is unplugged.

Cokefrevr

Nov 19, 2015
So not sure if this is an issue or not, but on my XT926 (Verizon) i had to do the carrier hack thing again in order to get other carrier sims to work.

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney

drkdeath5000

Jan 17, 2010
This build is based on a modified xt897 build. The proprietary files / device tree for an xt926 is different. Maybe have a look at https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_motorola_xt926/blob/cm-13.0/device-proprietary-files.txt and try placing the file and setting perm to 755.

I'm using the PhotonQ Lineage OS build which i believe is the same as the xt926 but i will have a look at this when i try later thanks.

FYI i did eventually get past the setup screen after several reboots. The trick seems to be not letting the screen go to sleep as if you do SystemUI will constantly crash.
Unfortunately even after getting past setup once i let the screen sleep it wont wake again. So i now just have a lock screen with a black screen upon unlocking.

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
I'm using the PhotonQ Lineage OS build which i believe is the same as the xt926 but i will have a look at this when i try later thanks.

FYI i did eventually get past the setup screen after several reboots. The trick seems to be not letting the screen go to sleep as if you do SystemUI will constantly crash.
Unfortunately even after getting past setup once i let the screen sleep it wont wake again. So i now just have a lock screen with a black screen upon unlocking.
PhotonQ IS an XT897.
And you may also try to delete /system/etc/firmware/atmxt-r2.tdat its the touch driver specific to a PhotonQ (ie XT897)

drkdeath5000

Jan 17, 2010
PhotonQ IS an XT897.
And you may also try to delete /system/etc/firmware/atmxt-r2.tdat its the touch driver specific to a PhotonQ (ie XT897)

I was able to get it to unlock after deleting this file and can browse around but unfortunately something is still causing SYSTEM UI to crash after roughly a minute or two of useage and once that happens the only way to recover from it is to reboot. Hopefully someone can figure it out because first glance 14.1 seems really snappy on our device.

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
I was able to get it to unlock after deleting this file and can browse around but unfortunately something is still causing SYSTEM UI to crash after roughly a minute or two of useage and once that happens the only way to recover from it is to reboot. Hopefully someone can figure it out because first glance 14.1 seems really snappy on our device.
The files I mentioned above were simply two I know I have to change between an XT897 and an XT907; they are the touch screen drivers. If you check the device trees specific for your device on github, you may find a LOT more proprietary binaries (ie ore-builts supplied by moto) that also need to be included (ie simply copied across and permission set).

Stoerner

I'm very interested in this thread and I read everything from the beginning. But maybe I'm confused, one thing is not clear for me:
can I use latest PhotonQ Mokee ROM ( MK60.1-xt897-170418-HISTORY.zip) also for XT925 ? If yes, what needs to be changed ? Can I use TWRP 2.6.8 to flash this ? I`m on JBBL.

Thanks & regards.

elbart88

Jul 18, 2015
I don't own my XT925 anymore but last year I was able to flash the latest XT897 LOS 13 build (13.0-20170513) successfully.

I remember having some issues with DPI settings on a Mokee rom so I deinstall it.

Hi did you try yo flash the xt907 (razr m) lineage rom? I did after reading from someone that rom was compatible and now it seems to work, yet I have to test it more

Top Liked Posts