15,079 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,731

By sd_shadow, Recognized Contributor on 29th July 2015, 01:23 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Motorola Droid Razr HD
[XT926] [XT925]

[INDEX]
Helpful Information
Welcome, this thread has been created to encompass everything you may need for your device. Please only post in this thread with feedback on how to improve this document. Do not post "Thank you" type responses. If you have additional questions or require more help, ask in [Q&A][Motorola Droid Razr HD] [HELP THREAD] Ask ANY Question. Noob Friendly, try to find an existing thread, or create your own thread in the Droid Razr HD Q&A forum. Do not use this as a general help thread.
Click on a Link below for More Info
Please look for a similar INDEX thread when visiting another device forum.
If you would like to create an [INDEX] please Click Here.

A special thanks to everyone who contributed to the production of this INDEX
The Following User Says Thank You to sd_shadow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sd_shadow Ad-Free
29th July 2015, 01:24 AM |#2  
Basic Device Information
Specs
XT925: Motorola RAZR HD - GSM - GMS Arena - Phone Arena -
XT926: Droid Razr HD - Verizon CDMA - GMS Arena - Phone Arena -
XT925/XT926 Compared: Phone Arena

Factory Reset and other Functions
  • Power the Device Up in Safe Mode - DROID RAZR HD / RAZR MAXX HD by MOTOROLA
  • Restart the Device in Safe Mode - DROID RAZR HD / RAZR MAXX HD by MOTOROLA
  • How to Reset Frozen Device/Soft Reset - DROID RAZR / RAZR MAXX by MOTOROLA
  • Perform a Factory Data Reset (Device Powered On) - DROID RAZR HD / RAZR MAXX HD by MOTOROLA
  • Perform a Factory Data Reset (Device Powered Off) - DROID RAZR HD / RAZR MAXX HD by MOTOROLA
    • Alternate Button Method to enter recovery

From the Android system recovery screen (exclamation point with an android figure), press and hold the Volume down button then press and release the volume up button to display the menu.
      Select wipe data/factory reset.
      Note Utilize the Volume buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.
      Select Yes -- delete all user data.
      Note Allow several seconds for the factory data reset process to complete.
      Select reboot system now.
      Note Allow several minutes for the reboot process to complete.
      Note To setup the device after the reset has completed, refer to Initial Activation and Setup.
  • Boot Mode menu (android recovery, ap fastboot, ā€¦..)
    • Ensure the device is powered off.
    • Note If the screen is frozen, perform an alternate reset.
    • Press and hold the Volume Up button and Power buttons until the Boot Mode Selection Menu appears then release.
  • AP Fastboot Mode: use to flash .xml recovery file with RSD Lite
    1. 1st Option: Ensure the device is powered off.
      • Press and hold the Volume Up button and Power buttons until the Boot Mode Selection Menu appears then release.
      • From the Boot Mode Selection Menu, select AP Fastboot.
      • Note Utilize the volume down button to scroll through the options and the volume up button to select.
      • Note: If a selection is not made within 5 seconds, the device powers up normally.
    2. 2nd Option: Power Off, hold Volume Down Button, Press power button for 5 secs, then release both
  • USB Debugging Mode - DROID RAZR HD / RAZR MAXX HD by MOTOROLA
  • Enable Developer options
    • Settings>about phone>tap on Build Number several times until you see "You are Developer">press home button
  • Select Runtime: Art or Dalvik
    • Settings.>Developer Options (see Enable Developer options >select Run time>select Art or Dalvik>select Ok (device will reboot) optimizing apps will take a few minutes
29th July 2015, 01:24 AM |#3  
Official Stock Firmware
There may be other mirrors listed in my
[INDEX]Motorola Unbricking Tools

XT926 FirmwareXT926 Firmware Details

VZW_XT926_4.4.2-KDA20.62-15.1_CFC_1FF.xml.zip

MD5: C9B67BB9D8FD89E5A9A4F48FE3D6D397
Size: 752 MB (789,248,361 bytes)
RSD Lite info:
Filename: VZW_XT926_4.4.2-KDA20.62-15.1_CFC_1FF.xml
Creation Date: 07/30/2014 21:01:20
File size: 2185
Sofware Version: vanquish_vzw-user 4.4.2 KDA20.62-15.1 15 release-keysVANQUISH_BP_100731.020.64.21P
For Phone Model: VZW_XT926_CFC
VZW_XT926_4.4.2-KDA20.62-10.1_CFC_1FF.xml.zip

XT925 Firmware
29th July 2015, 01:24 AM |#4  
Device Tools, Root/Un-root/Un-brick methods
USB Drivers
Root Tools, Bootloader Unlocking, Custom Recoveries, Unbricking...
Rooting
Locked Bootloader
System Versions 182.46.10 and higher, with a Kernel date June 2014 and newer, the bootloader can not be unlocked, there are no custom roms for locked bootloaders at this time -25 June 2015.
Unlocked Bootloader

For more on Bootloaders see XDA Wiki: Bootloaders
29th July 2015, 01:25 AM |#7  
MODS, GUIDES, and Misc
Factory Reset and Other Functions
Factory Data Reset (Device Powered Off) - DROID RAZR HD by MOTOROLA / MTOROLA / by Motorola
Restart the Device in Safe Mode - DROID RAZR HD by MOTOROLA / by Motorola - Verizon
How do I force my phone to reboot or restart when screen is frozen or phone is locked up?

Mods/GuidesVZW HOTSPOT / WIRELESS TETHER HACK
DEBLOAT LIST see DEBLOAT LIST
[KK] Add external SD Card writing for all apps
[WORKAROUND] Access hidden settings menus
[HowTo] [VZW XT907/926 RAZR M/HD] Unlock US GSM Carriers Using RadioComm

Hardware Repair
Discontinued/Abandoned
The Following User Says Thank You to sd_shadow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sd_shadow Ad-Free
1st April 2016, 05:09 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 80

More
Hello, Shadow I just acquired the xt926 and wondering witch recovery to use to flash marshmallow or lollipop after I root and unlock the bootloader. Is it TWRP, CWM or SafeStrap? I am asking because I never owned this device before and did not see this device on the list of the latest version of TWRP. Some assistance would be much appreciated. Thanks for the post it was helpful.
3rd April 2016, 07:16 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 80

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGdroidster

Hello, Shadow I just acquired the xt926 and wondering witch recovery to use to flash marshmallow or lollipop after I root and unlock the bootloader. Is it TWRP, CWM or SafeStrap? I am asking because I never owned this device before and did not see this device on the list of the latest version of TWRP. Some assistance would be much appreciated. Thanks for the post it was helpful.

OK, I no longer need assistance I figured it out and found witch version of TWRP to use on rootjunky. I just flashed DU 5.1.1. Everyone have a nice night.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
helpful information, index, razr hd, sd_shadow, xt926

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)