ROOT for Droid Razr HD XT926- 183.46.15 w/Kernel Date after June 3, 2014

14,864 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,656

By sd_shadow, Recognized Contributor on 23rd March 2015, 07:12 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th April 2015, 02:34 PM |#21  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqib Ayub

I am on 183.46.15 w/Kernel June 29, 2014.
Every time when I run Hydrogen Peroxide (Usb Debugging Enabled,Mock Locations Allowed and Airplane Mode Enabled) It gives an error Failed on first and I close it and Restart and then gives one Fail (Towel Root already installed) and process goes on.First it reboots and then reboots to boot-loader and on third reboot it stuck at "No Command" error but I ignore and wait for 5-6 min till it reboots automatically and then it says to run towel root but on towel root its says "Device is Currently not supported" but I carry on ,Phone reboots and on cmd it says "your device is now rooted"
Please help me to root My Droid Xt926.
I Will be thankful to you..

Reflash the firmware with RSD Lite

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sd_shadow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sd_shadow Ad-Free
11th April 2015, 08:32 PM |#22  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 109

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqib Ayub

I am on 183.46.15 w/Kernel June 29, 2014.
Every time when I run Hydrogen Peroxide (Usb Debugging Enabled,Mock Locations Allowed and Airplane Mode Enabled) It gives an error Failed on first and I close it and Restart and then gives one Fail (Towel Root already installed) and process goes on.First it reboots and then reboots to boot-loader and on third reboot it stuck at "No Command" error but I ignore and wait for 5-6 min till it reboots automatically and then it says to run towel root but on towel root its says "Device is Currently not supported" but I carry on ,Phone reboots and on cmd it says "your device is now rooted"
Please help me to root My Droid Xt926.
I Will be thankful to you..

Like I told you in the PM you sent me, re-flash 183.46.15 with RSDLite. Once that is done, perform a "Factory Reset" via your phone.

Now check off all the requirement (USB Debugging, Mock locations etc.) and run Hydrogen Peroxide. Make sure you get no "Failed" on the first step. If you get a "Failed" and run the program anyhow, it WILL NOT WORK!!. You will have to perform a factory reset again before you run Hydrogen Peroxide.

Her is the firmware to use with RSDLite: http://www.mediafire.com/download/qw....1_1FF.xml.zip
The Following User Says Thank You to Guapo613 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Guapo613 Ad-Free
28th April 2015, 02:18 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
how do you change it to 813 instead of being 812? link with guide doesn't work and a few other guides I've tried don't work either..?
Thanks for any help
EDIT: Just figured it out. It is currently working so far.
24th May 2015, 03:55 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_shadow

Reflash the firmware with RSD Lite

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

How do I reflash the firmware after downloading it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
24th May 2015, 04:19 PM |#26  
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbykay

How do I reflash the firmware after downloading it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

There is a link to a how to video for rsd lite in
Moto Drivers, RSD Lite, and other Unbricking Tools

http://forum.xda-developers.com/gene...mware-t3042687

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to sd_shadow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sd_shadow Ad-Free
24th June 2015, 04:01 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thank you man. I gonna try this one.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using XDA Free mobile app
24th June 2015, 05:37 PM |#28  
Flag Everywhere
Thanks Meter: 343

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_shadow

Flashing Firmware if Root fails
Only Flash XT926 firmware on a XT926
XT926 firmware VZW_XT926_4.4.2-KDA20.62-15.1_CFC_1FF.xml.zip or
http://www.drdevs.com/devs/FXZ-files...0RAZR%20HD%29/
Using RSD Lite: http://motofirmware.center/topic/6-h...k-your-device/

RSD Lite error:
Only Flash XT926 firmware on a XT926
First of all - charge your battery to 60%+
Download firmware 183.46.15
unzip it
open file VZW_XT926_4.4.2-KDA20.62-15.1_CFC_1FF.xml with a notepad (notepad++)
locate and remove 3 following lines :

Code:
<step operation="getvar" var="max-download-size" />
<step operation="flash" partition="partition" filename="gpt.bin" MD5="....MD5 sum here...." />
<step operation="flash" partition="tz" filename="tz.mbn" MD5="...MD5 sum here...." />
close notepad with saving changes.
Open RSD Lite and select edited .xml file to flash [email protected]k3nny2k

Changelog

Hello Sd_shadow, I was hoping you or someone else with expertise in Moto phones can answer a quick question, if you would be so kind.

Long story short, my buddy had an xt926 on 182.46.15 and wanted to root but couldn't figure it out. I found your awesome thread on how to root it after upgrading to 183.46.15. It went pretty quickly with no issues for me and I had him rooted without a hitch after flashing the 183 firmware, from link above, through RSD Lite (I should mention this was AFTER I edited the XML file to remove the 3 lines I quoted above.)

Fast forward a month or so, that poor phone met its demise after getting left on top of said friends car one day. He finds another phone that is also on 182.46.15. Decides after watching me root the first one, it shouldn't be too hard following the same directions. (you can probably tell where this is going huh? lol) Well, he still had the files on his pc, BUT I extracted the FXZ file and edited the XML when I rooted his first phone, but sometime since I rooted first device for him, he deleted the extracted copy since he still had the zip also.

Here is the problem, he extracted the FXZ files again, but he says "he thinks he only deleted the getvar line". He said result of the flash was that it got to system and then failed. I have since tried extracting the FXZ from zip, editing correct info , and flashing again but it still fails at system. I have tried using fastboot and mfastboot to flash just system and it fails too. (I know the Zip isn't corrupted because it is the same zip we used the first time and it worked no problem.) If he had managed to flashed the GPT.mbn and the TZ.mbn files to phone could that be the culprit here? IF so, any ideas of how to fix this mess? I was wondering if I somehow was able to find the FXZ for the 182.46.15 (if it exists even) and use it to restore device back to working order, but then I start thinking if Moto security/bootloader or whatever will block the downgrade and make matters worse? That being said, I figured I better ask a few professionals in this subject, I admittedly haven't owned a Moto since long ago!

Finally to top it off, he is currently in CA and I am in IL so I have to connect to him via remote connection to try and help. Is his poor old phone a lost cause?

Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions!
24th June 2015, 05:59 PM |#29  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klown80

Hello Sd_shadow, I was hoping you or someone else with expertise in Moto phones can answer a quick question, if you would be so kind.

Long story short, my buddy had an xt926 on 182.46.15 and wanted to root but couldn't figure it out. I found your awesome thread on how to root it after upgrading to 183.46.15. It went pretty quickly with no issues for me and I had him rooted without a hitch after flashing the 183 firmware, from link above, through RSD Lite (I should mention this was AFTER I edited the XML file to remove the 3 lines I quoted above.)

Fast forward a month or so, that poor phone met its demise after getting left on top of said friends car one day. He finds another phone that is also on 182.46.15. Decides after watching me root the first one, it shouldn't be too hard following the same directions. (you can probably tell where this is going huh? lol) Well, he still had the files on his pc, BUT I extracted the FXZ file and edited the XML when I rooted his first phone, but sometime since I rooted first device for him, he deleted the extracted copy since he still had the zip also.

Here is the problem, he extracted the FXZ files again, but he says "he thinks he only deleted the getvar line". He said result of the flash was that it got to system and then failed. I have since tried extracting the FXZ from zip, editing correct info , and flashing again but it still fails at system. I have tried using fastboot and mfastboot to flash just system and it fails too. (I know the Zip isn't corrupted because it is the same zip we used the first time and it worked no problem.) If he had managed to flashed the GPT.mbn and the TZ.mbn files to phone could that be the culprit here? IF so, any ideas of how to fix this mess? I was wondering if I somehow was able to find the FXZ for the 182.46.15 (if it exists even) and use it to restore device back to working order, but then I start thinking if Moto security/bootloader or whatever will block the downgrade and make matters worse? That being said, I figured I better ask a few professionals in this subject, I admittedly haven't owned a Moto since long ago!

Finally to top it off, he is currently in CA and I am in IL so I have to connect to him via remote connection to try and help. Is his poor old phone a lost cause?

Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions!

You should only edit the xml file if you have already tried flashing with rsd lite and it failed.
I don't think there is a 182.45.15 FXZ but there are at least 2 different 183.45.15's
VZW_XT926_4.4.2-KDA20.62-15.1_CFC_1FF.xml.zip CFC means data is wiped
VZW_XT926_4.4.2-KDA20.62-15.1_1FF.XML.ZIP no data wipe
the files flashed should be identical but the xml script is slightly different.
If one is not working, try the other version
There are also several other flashing options in my
Motorola USB Drivers, RSD Lite, Firmware...
The Following User Says Thank You to sd_shadow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sd_shadow Ad-Free
24th June 2015, 06:29 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Klown, I'd suggest giving SamuraiHL's House of Moto a try. If memory serves the method his included binaries use to write data to the phone do so in small segments rather than in a continuous stream. Don't know which method RSD Lite uses. This might help to either get past the flashing failure point or maybe identify if a section of the memory on the phone has gone bad. If the flash labels each segment (ex., "flashing segment 12 of 150" or "flashing bytes 23826 to 17239028", etc.) it might show you if there is a consistent point where it halts.

I've got an XT926 on which I've been trying the unbrick process (it is in QDownload mode) but I've found that as soon as it tries to write to a specific byte of the memory it fails. During my early unbrick attempts it wasn't having problems writing to that physical location so I think it is something where the chip has failed. Unbricking from QDownload mode is just doing a raw sequential write to the memory so far as I've seen. While solid state memory can survive a lot harsher treatment then memory on something like a spinning disk, it isn't failure proof.

Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to Pow_2k For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pow_2k Ad-Free
25th June 2015, 05:33 AM |#31  
Flag Everywhere
Thanks Meter: 343

Donate to Me
More
Thank you @sd_shadow and @Pow_2k!! Its been a long day (power supply in PC died and took half a day to find replacement and replace it.) Anyhow I downloaded the CFC firmware sd_shadow suggested via RSD, it failed no matter if i edited the .XML or not, it would fail right away and give me unknown fastboot command or something to that extent (I couldn't read it all since it was only on 1 line in RSD Lite.) So that prompted me to try House of Moto as Pow_2k suggested, worked the first time!!

Thanks a ton guys, my buddy says thank you very much as well!
The Following User Says Thank You to Klown80 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Klown80 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)