FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

ROOT for Droid Razr HD XT926- 183.46.15 w/Kernel Date after June 3, 2014

15,042 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,724

By sd_shadow, Recognized Contributor on 23rd March 2015, 07:12 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th July 2015, 03:00 AM |#41  
the towel root app is just in the Hydrogen Peroxide/files folder (tr.apk)
copy to sd card, use rom's file manager to install
27th July 2015, 03:03 AM |#42  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_shadow

You can just install the towel root app, I will link thread.
Did the kernel version change?

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Yes, it changed to the Fri May 2 Kernel from the Jul 29 one. Do I need to flash the Towelroot app, or just download it right from the page on my phone? Like use my phone to download it?

Edit: Just read second reply, the tr.apk isn't in my Hydrogen Peroxide. It also didn't show up in the install root bat file when I was doing that, but I thought it was acting funny. So at the end here when I couldn't find Towelroot in my apps, I went through my HO4 files, no tr.apk is in there. Dunno why. But yeah, if I can just use a flash drive and OTG cable I have lying around to put it on my phone, and it'll work, that sounds amazing.
27th July 2015, 03:27 AM |#43  
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashMQT

Yes, it changed to the Fri May 2 Kernel from the Jul 29 one. Do I need to flash the Towelroot app, or just download it right from the page on my phone? Like use my phone to download it?

Edit: Just read second reply, the tr.apk isn't in my Hydrogen Peroxide. It also didn't show up in the install root bat file when I was doing that, but I thought it was acting funny. So at the end here when I couldn't find Towelroot in my apps, I went through my HO4 files, no tr.apk is in there. Dunno why. But yeah, if I can just use a flash drive and OTG cable I have lying around to put it on my phone, and it'll work, that sounds amazing.

I suspect that you're virus protection, removed it.

The Following User Says Thank You to sd_shadow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sd_shadow Ad-Free
27th July 2015, 04:03 AM |#45  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2790108

I think it worked!!!!! I downloaded the H202 and RAR right on the phone, unpacked it, used Towelroot, did the necessary rebooting, and downloaded Root Checker to check if it worked, and it said it did!!! Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it! And it was my computer's antivirus eating the tr.apk, I don't know why, but it did right after unpacking the H2O2. Putting it right on the phone just to get the tr.apk worked great though, so no problems after that.

Thanks again!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FlashMQT For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FlashMQT Ad-Free
27th July 2015, 04:33 AM |#46  
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashMQT

I think it worked!!!!! I downloaded the H202 and RAR right on the phone, unpacked it, used Towelroot, did the necessary rebooting, and downloaded Root Checker to check if it worked, and it said it did!!! Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it! And it was my computer's antivirus eating the tr.apk, I don't know why, but it did right after unpacking the H2O2. Putting it right on the phone just to get the tr.apk worked great though, so no problems after that.

Thanks again!

Make sure you flash the recovery.img or stock recovery will not work.

15th August 2015, 12:33 AM |#47  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Towelroot says phone unsupported.
I have made it up to the towelroot stage, which when I press make it rain, it says phone unsupported. What should I do? Also, when it is unistalling org.keenteam, cmd says Failure. My kernel date remains at Jul 29. Hmm.
15th August 2015, 01:03 AM |#48  
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanM32

I have made it up to the towelroot stage, which when I press make it rain, it says phone unsupported. What should I do? Also, when it is unistalling org.keenteam, cmd says Failure. My kernel date remains at Jul 29. Hmm.

factory reset and/or reflash firmware with RSD Lite.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk
15th August 2015, 01:14 AM |#49  

More
Quote:

factory reset and/or reflash firmware with RSD Lite.

What firmware would I be flashing with RSD lite? I have never used RSD lite. What exactly does it do?
15th August 2015, 01:18 AM |#50  
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanM32

What firmware would I be flashing with RSD lite? I have never used RSD lite. What exactly does it do?

see links under
flashing firmware if rooting fails
in post #1

15th August 2015, 01:32 AM |#51  

More
Quote:

see links under
flashing firmware if rooting fails
in post #1